Freshwater Mussels?

KMC

Seaman Apprentice
Re: Freshwater Mussels?

Hello Veritas honus,
it has been a while since I checked in with you. Did you ever get a chance to find some mussel shells again at the Lake Seminole lakehouse? I would still be very interested in any you might find! Hope all is well with you.
-Thanks again, Kevin

Hey Kevin,

There were indeed, a lot of shells which were cracked prior to packing. Some were split wide open. None were cracked nor broken when I collected them. I had never given any thought to the fragility of the shells when I collected them. They were pretty sturdy when still wet.

The next package I send should have no broken shells. I'm pretty sure I've got this under control now.

I understand that you feel that what this is costing you is "a steal", but at any rate, you should at least receive unbroken shells.;) ...Besides, you may not think the next invoice is such a steal!!!:eek::p:rolleyes:

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Please observe our rules.

12. Please do not post to threads that have been inactive for more than 3 months UN-LESS you are the original poster. We have very active forums and any thread that remains inactive for that long should be considered "dead". It is especially confusing when there is an entirely new question posted to an old thread. This is considered a hijack. Please start a new thread of your own.