First Fin Boat

57whitehouse

Chief Petty Officer
Hello everyone. I just noticed there is a whitehouse section here now. I suggested one about a month or 2 ago. People are listening. Thanks:)

Here is a pic of my '57 Whitehouse. It has since been sold to a real nice guy.

Attachments

• wh1.jpg
    wh1.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 0
  • wh2.jpg
    wh2.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 0

wildmaninal

Lieutenant Commander
Re: First Fin Boat

Hey 57Whitehouse
I realize this is an older thread.
Now that I have seen a pic of your whitehouse boat I'm questioning the year of my whitehouse, I was thinking the boat I have was a 57 model due to the motor that was on it was a 57. I sold the 35hp johnson motor not running for $200. Here is some pics of my whitehouse project boat that I plan on restoring in the future.

http://s215.photobucket.com/albums/cc244/wildmaninal/?action=view&current=f734d336.pbw

57whitehouse

Chief Petty Officer

Hey wildmanimal, it may still be a '57, but a different model. Go to fiberglassics.com and check out the "boats still in use". You may find some help there.

wildmaninal

Lieutenant Commander

I'm about for sure this is also a 1957 that I have. I am familiar with fiberglassic, but I couldn't find that link. Forgive me lol. I couldn't see letting this boat go to the burn pile like my cousin intended on doing with it. And the boat isn't sitting directly on the ground as it may look like it is but it's not.

giantmeatball

Recruit

I just got a 1957 whitehouse and i want to restore it. Does anyone have and sites or places were I could get parts. My e-mail is EDIT

Last edited by a moderator:

gericon

Recruit

My son just purchased a 1959 Whitehouse boat, trailer, motor and fish finder for $500. This is the first time I have every seen or heard of this boat and I must say the fins make it look very classy. Just woundering if this was a good buy.

brk5335

Recruit

Gericon;
Sounds like a good deal. Does it run? I am shocked the fiberglass is still stable. My 1957 Saber developed substantial "checkering" by the mid-60's. I had a 35hp Evinrude and the boat could achieve almost mid-30's mph. Excellent boat-to-power ratio. I spent my entire youth slaloming behind that boat during the summers. Mine was red versus the yellow one displayed.

greggd

Recruit

I live in the Branson area and work in the Kansas City area. I acquired what I believe to be a 1957 Whitehouse. I saved it from being cut up and trashed. It is stripped. Can anyone lead me to where I might get any parts, such as the steering and cables, dash gauge or gauges, windshield, etc?

Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Greggd

dizzleaftk

Recruit

I have what I believe is a 1950 Whitehouse, well at least that is what the title says. I have not been able to find any similar pics of it online, but I will post some of my own soon. The differences between the one I have is the size, which mine is a 18' and I have only seen them up to 15'. It tooo has the classic fins in the rear and the the span is 5'. Its really a huge boat. When I bought it, it cost me $350 for the boat, motor (1972 50hp Evinrude), and 1952 LDude trailer. So as for the earlier post, I believe you did get a good deal.