Finally had enough with gas prices, and my butt is sore...

QC

Supreme Mariner
Re: Finally had enough with gas prices, and my butt is sore...

Or are you under the understanding that were talking about gross revenue's or do i have it wrong????
No and Yes . . . the chart you said was refuted listed companies by profit PERCENTAGE. That's what investors and BODs care about. If I make $1 profit on a $2 sale I have done really well. If I make $40 Billion profit on $4 Trillion in sales, not so good . . . ;)

Haut Medoc

Supreme Mariner

My heart bleeds for them....
They only made $0 billion....
Oh! The horror.....
That's OK I'm sure they will do better this quarter.....
& The rest of America can tighten their belts in a futile effort to slake the Amalgamated Trust's burning thirst for obscene profits......;)

Tail_Gunner

Admiral

No and Yes . . . the chart you said was refuted listed companies by profit PERCENTAGE. That's what investors and BODs care about. If I make $1 profit on a $2 sale I have done really well. If I make $40 Billion profit on $4 Trillion in sales, not so good . . . ;)

:D Question QC how much of those posted number's really involved true cash flow.....Hmmm ..:D What you are seeming to elude to is they took trillion cash, spent it and then recieved the profit...:D :D

Come on QC plz....;)

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

Why dont you guys just admit that you are driven by jealousy.

I can find no other reason for your arguments.

If you dont like the price of gas, dont use it. Its just that simple. It is not required to survive. It is required to make your life easier and more entertaining. Turn off all the lights, TV, computers, etc. Buy a farm and grow your food. Buy a horse and share the food with the horse. Sell the food to make money. Ride the horse to town to buy stuff. The amish live like this. Bet they dont complain about gas prices. Would you be happier this way?

I have yet to hear your opinion on how much profit is too much. I have yet to hear if you think you personally are making too much profit from your employer.

Ken

Haut Medoc

Supreme Mariner

Jealousy?.....NO.....
Other than the fact that they are ripping me off.......
The actual price of oil has little to actually do with regard of the manipulation & price gouging that the "Amalgamated OIl Trust" is foisting upon the public....
All of their profit should be taken & used to pay off the national debt.....;)
At least until the trust is broken up & a true competitive market is restored....​

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

I have yet to hear your opinion on how much profit is too much. I have yet to hear if you think you personally are making too much profit from your employer.

Ken

Will he ever answer?

I think you are ripping off your employer and thus you wont answer. :D

Ken

QC

Supreme Mariner

Thank all that is good that KIZ has returned. I am serious!! Do you guys even read English?

TG, when you budget your household, you take in so much $ (Evil Exxon Trillion) and then you spend so much (expenses) and then you save or use credit for the difference (profit/loss). You manage that money to maximise your family's potential (called manipulation by some here), minimise tax expense (ripping off the world), improve your life style (more drilling, more leases, bigger stake). And then you proclaim it good. What's the flippin' difference here?

Blo Haut,
Despite your rabble rousing there is truth in the world. What part of the legitimate competition and risk that face good companies like Exxon/Mobil do you not understand? What if the next Administration and this insane Congress expand the mostly phony tax credits for all alternative fuels and makes oil completely unattractive? Would it be OK if Exxon had stashed away some cash so that they can switch to other legal commodities? Seriously. Could you answer one simple question without your seriously tiring canned BS?

I keep this up because I believe this open trashing of legal businesses is wrong. It is destructive, it is in fact immoral. They employ Billions of people worldwide. Their (almost all businesses) risks fuel the world economy. They survive in spite of Government intervention and they created the Internet so that you can spew carp. Why can't we actually praise them once in a while?

Haut Medoc

Supreme Mariner

KIZ, I am self employed, so I rip the boss off daily!....
Typical righty tactics, making ad hominem attacks & name calling....
Shame on you two!......:D
I will stop berating the U.S. Amalgamated Oil Trust, when they quit price fixing.......;)
You can praise them all you want while they are robbing your eyeballs out, but I refuse to do that.....
That is all.........:p :p :p :p

QC

Supreme Mariner

KIZ, I am self employed, so I rip the boss off daily!....​

Typical righty tactics, making ad hominem attacks & name calling....
Shame on you two!......:D
I will stop berating the U.S. Amalgamated Oil Trust, when they quit price fixing.......;)
You can praise them all you want while they are robbing your eyeballs out, but I refuse to do that.....​

That is all.........:p
Translation: I, the Great and Powerful Blo Haut, have proclaimed the truth and will answer to no one . . . :rolleyes:

Tail_Gunner

Admiral

Thank all that is good that KIZ has returned. I am serious!! Do you guys even read English?

TG, when you budget your household, you take in so much $ (Evil Exxon Trillion) and then you spend so much (expenses) and then you save or use credit for the difference (profit/loss). You manage that money to maximise your family's potential (called manipulation by some here), minimise tax expense (ripping off the world), improve your life style (more drilling, more leases, bigger stake). And then you proclaim it good. What's the flippin' difference here?

Blo Haut,
Despite your rabble rousing there is truth in the world. What part of the legitimate competition and risk that face good companies like Exxon/Mobil do you not understand? What if the next Administration and this insane Congress expand the mostly phony tax credits for all alternative fuels and makes oil completely unattractive? Would it be OK if Exxon had stashed away some cash so that they can switch to other legal commodities? Seriously. Could you answer one simple question without your seriously tiring canned BS?

I keep this up because I believe this open trashing of legal businesses is wrong. It is destructive, it is in fact immoral. They employ Billions of people worldwide. Their (almost all businesses) risks fuel the world economy. They survive in spite of Government intervention and they created the Internet so that you can spew carp. Why can't we actually praise them once in a while?

Umm in not going ot go to deep here, but QC have you ever heard of selling on the turn? that is you mfg something or buy something and sell it before you pay for the mfg or buying of the product. Simply said it's the good old 30 day billing cycle..

QC

Supreme Mariner

What Enron did was artificially inflate their revenue numbers by selling to internal companies. That is illegal and people went to Jail.

Personally I don't like the practice of stringing out vendors and collecting from customers prior to payment. I believe in treating my vendors exactly how I want customers to treat me. However, most good managers will look out for their own company first, which I guess is their priority. It may not be a great thing, but it is not illegal and I fail to see the relevance to this discussion.

What I think this discussion is about is the relative evilness of so called "big oil". I tend to believe they are legitimate legal businesses in which the market forces of supply and demand do in fact play their normal role. The closest thing to what detractors seem to be grousing about is what OPEC does; which in this country would be illegal i.e. collusion.

Ya know . . . first it was Tobacco, then the diesel engine manufacturers got the baton handed to them, throw in some Detroit auto manufactures and you have a big liberal version of an evil party sponsored by big oil. I prefer to focus my denouncement of evil on those scumbags noted in the "Why have we not heard about this" thread. However the legal businesses noted above have offended the religions of the left: Health and the Environment. These things are reasonably clear to me, to some, not so much . . .

JasonJ

Rear Admiral

Dang guys, all I wanted was to tell ya'll 'bout my sore butt.....

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Well my AG is going after one of the biggest.
Marathon/Ashland.
He is filing suit against them for price gouging.

Haut Medoc

Supreme Mariner

Kudos to him for making them play fair......:)

BOBPELL

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Yeah, my butt is sore too

Attachments

• Gasoline prices.jpg
    Gasoline prices.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 0

aspeck

Staff member

And after reading all of this, my eyeballs are sore!