Fear factor, would you?

brother chris

Commander
Re: Fear factor, would you?

I have already applied for Fear Factor. I guess I have to wait until they come to Seattle, or if I get lucky, they might come to Vancouver. <br />I would definetely go on Fear Factor, without a doubt. <br />And it is not about the money, even though the money would be nice as well. <br />I want to stare fear in its face and conquer it.<br />They have episodes with couples and best friends. A friend of mine said he would go on it with me. <br />I hope one day I can go on Fear Factor and conquer it!

aspeck

Staff member

DD, I am like you, no pride, so no problem with trying. In my physical condition, there is realistically no way I am going to outlast the young bucks, but I think I am probably a bit smarter, can get inside their heads a little, and use leverage, etc. to my advantage. Still probably out in the first round, but it would be fun trying.

ebbtide176

Commander

i've been trying to think about this deal. i hate to give tips here, but i guess i aint no superman - if they wanted to put a birdeating spider in my jockey shorts i'd cry momma. :) i can dive off bldgs and temp drown tho :D

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

I had to eat a bunch of strange critters, and they didn't give me anything but a dressing-down.<br />I decided right then and there, that I would only eat strange critters if it was a matter of life and death (as it was then).<br />There were life-long lessons taken from the testing;<br /> There are just some things money cannot buy.<br /> Hunger can make excrement taste like a Burger King hamburger.<br /> Nothing in this life is perminent.<br /> God takes care of crazy folks and drill instructors(somehow).<br />I watched some of these pitiful souls on the tube, and found myself routing for a couple that claimed they "really needed the money", and "had no other way of getting it". They lost.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Well heck, I've put everything else together, how about a iboats fear factor?<br /><br />We pick 6 members, I am not included, that we think would do good on there and then we contact the show and let them know what we want to do.<br /><br />Sounds like a plan to me. :cool:

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

I would love to try, but this extra 50 lbs I carry would eliminate me.<br /><br />They need a "fat guy" fear factor.<br /><br />Plus, if I have to eat any thing smelly, I am done. Over reactive gag reflex. I can eat the bugs, just not the animal/fish parts.<br /><br />Ken

KaGee

Admiral

Originally posted by kenimpzoom:<br /> They need a "fat guy" fear factor.<br />
Or a Fat Guy SURVIVOR. I'm thinkin we all should get together for a class action discrimination suit.<br /><br />
15_8_6.gif

oddjob

Commander

I aint drinking that ****-roach and whatever smoothe....the stunts dont look like too much of a big deal if you can be calm under pressure.

gaugeguy

Captain

I could eat anything they put on a plate. The heights would get me booted though.

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

I would try anything except not the gross-out test. What's that got to do with fear anyway?<br /><br />How about a "Toddler Fear Factor?" here's some suggested activities:<br /><br />1. Shake hands with a circus clown<br />2. Sit on Santa's lap <br />3. Get Mickey Mouse's autograph<br />4. Get a kiss from Aunt Edna<br /><br />For the gross-out portion, I suggest creamed spinach or some other vegatable.

KaGee

Admiral

Originally posted by jtexas:<br /> How about a "Toddler Fear Factor?" here's some suggested activities:<br /><br />4. Get a kiss from Aunt Edna<br />
BRRRRRRRRR! Just the thought sends shivers down my spine! Definetly would need therapy after that one! :eek:

eeboater

Commander

Make a complete a** of myself on TV... for money...<br /><br />No, I'll earn it the easy way thank you very much.<br /><br /><br />Sean

LadyFish

Admiral

It's like DeputyDawg said it's all about conquering fear. <br /><br />If you can accomplish that, it's a walk in the park. In fact, life would be a breeze if we could all conquer fear. :)

SoulWinner

Commander

If not fr my extreamly weak stomach, I could do it. I could do any of the stunts, but I can't even watch them eating that nasty stuff on tv without heaving.

Luna Sea

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Can't stand that show. Or any other who wants to marry a millionaire and eat bugs crap reality shows

spratt

Lieutenant

Originally posted by LadyFish:<br /> It's like DeputyDawg said it's all about conquering fear. <br /><br />If you can accomplish that, it's a walk in the park. In fact, life would be a breeze if we could all conquer fear. :)
As I once said, "All we have to fear is fear itself"... ;) :D :rolleyes: :confused:

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Originally posted by jtexas:<br /> I would try anything except not the gross-out test. What's that got to do with fear anyway?<br /><br />How about a "Toddler Fear Factor?" here's some suggested activities:<br /><br />1. Shake hands with a circus clown<br />2. Sit on Santa's lap <br />3. Get Mickey Mouse's autograph<br />4. Get a kiss from Aunt Edna<br /><br />For the gross-out portion, I suggest creamed spinach or some other vegatable.
LOL Good one :D

D

DJ

Fear Factor is based upon people (contestants)either "clueless" or bored with life.<br /><br />There are plenty of risks to be taken, in life itself, if you are willing to take them. Many of lifes risks are not as dramatic, but many offer riches beyond comprehension, just not as instantaneous or fleeting.<br /><br />It's sensationalism TV. (Self edited). No fights needed. :)

wilkin250r

Chief Petty Officer

Originally posted by gaugeguy:<br /> I could eat anything they put on a plate. The heights would get me booted though.
I'm almost the exact opposite. I'll do any of the stunts, but I don't think I could eat anything nasty.<br /><br />I could eat something nasty for a guaranteed $50k, but I'm not so sure if I can for a mere chance at $50k.