Faurenheit & Faurenhype 9/11

dude33333

Seaman Apprentice
Re: Faurenheit & Faurenhype 9/11

pointer94, please dont take offense to this, but id be much more interested in what you have to say than this other source. thats why i like forums, you get a very personal response. im sure its in there somewhere but thats just way to much for me to read in that sort of format. <br /><br />BTW, im sorry for my harsh response before, its obviously a touchy subject for many. i just dont want to get drafted at 20 for a war that i disagree with.

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

Lets try to clairify. Mike Moore lied, misrepresented, intentionally obviscated, misquoted, and slandered dozens of people in his personal quest to bring down a presidency. There are those who don't care about the facts, they trade on emotion. <br /><br />For example: exactly what does the situation in the Sudan have to do with this tread addressing one of the most shameful piece of film in recent memory? Nothing. Very emotional though. What does anything you posted have to do with the fact that Moores movie is full of Lies? Lets try to stay on topic and address the specific issues raised. Feel free to create a new post if you would like to address issues regarding the Sudan.<br /> <br />
IMO the movie was absolutely brilliant. Moore anticipated the backlash, and backed up all his data with fact.
Regardless of how you feel about my posting techniques, I have produced facts that point out Moores lies. What exactly is brilliant about lying, misrepresenting peoples positions, and slandering peoples reputations? I don't like Al Gore, but I would be repulsed by anyone making up lies about him and using their celebrity to perpetrate a fraud on the American public and World. The ends don't justify the means in my world. Honesty does have value.<br /><br />Boatin 'bunker - Do you really believe that the President can reinstitute the draft? What did the President or any member of his cabinet, joint chiefs of staff, even any high ranking military officer say that would make you think they were even considering it? I can point to several statements made by Rumsfield and the President, stating definitively they are not considering and WILL NOT reinstitute the draft. This is a fear mongering attempt by Charlie Rangle and our friends on the left. Cute, scare people into voting your way. It's worked on the elderly by leveraging social security as an mechanism of fear. Just so you know it, would take an act of congress for this to occur. But based on the one sided reporting I can understand your fears. I hope you can now view Michael Moore for what he is. A manipulator and liar. FWIW I have enjoyed your posts over the past few months.<br /><br />Woodrat, are we still in a state of war with Germany, Japan, or Korea? We still have troops there. Does a state of War currently exist between the United States and Iraq? Was the ruling government expelled and replaced? Does the country of Iraq have an army? Could you help me with the definition of war? I don't see a war here. Who are we fighting? Terrorists, insurgents, and militia's. Not a country, not an army. And we are doing it in conjunction with the sovergn authorities of Iraq. Who can we sue for peace to? Perhaps France or Kofi. Has the new government even asked us to leave? This is now a peacekeeping mission. <br /><br />If you could help me understand,<br /><br />
And if a democrat had taken us into this preemptive crazy war, the repubs would be ALL OVER it. Partisans are just that way, regardless of affiliation. "my guy can do no wrong, yours can do no right." [/QUOTE<br /><br />So therefore, Michael Moore IS a genius and even though it is full of intentional lies and misrepresentations. And not only are you comfortable with the content of the movie you embrace it?<br /><br />
As far as editing and omitting and fabricating for politcal slant goes, this administration has been extremely prolific in this regard, without complaint from its supporters.
Therefore it is fine with you that Michael Moore is a liar, attempted to influence an election with his lies, Has created a film that has little or no accuracy, and intentionally misrepresents the Presidents integrity. How much time have you spent with Mr. Bush personally to arrive at this belief? Would you allow students to use this thing as a source? This is how you justify lying? Because you think others do to. This is your position?

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Amen,Pointer. GREAT post!!<br /> I greatly admire your patience. And as you know, I lack that trait pretty much entirely.

woodrat

Ensign

Woodrat, are we still in a state of war with Germany, Japan, or Korea? We still have troops there. <br /><br />you compare our korean outpost to the current state of affairs in iraq? I thought you were an awful lot smarter than that. War isn't "over" just cuz W says so. All I have to do is look at the news from ANY source and it is plain to see that the place is an active, hot battleground. Semantics and legalese have no bearing on the reality on the ground. its still a war.<br /><br />Does a state of War currently exist between the United States and Iraq? <br /><br />depends of what you mean by iraq. If you mean the iraqi people, yes obviously we and many of them are still at war. If you mean the puppet interim "government", well of course not. That is just another branch of our own government.<br /><br />Was the ruling government expelled and replaced? <br /><br />expelled, yes, replaced, no, not yet.<br /><br />Does the country of Iraq have an army? <br /><br />do they need one to keep inflicitng daily casualties on US soldiers?<br /><br />Could you help me with the definition of war? I don't see a war here. Who are we fighting? Terrorists, insurgents, and militia's. Not a country, not an army. And we are doing it in conjunction with the sovergn authorities of Iraq. Who can we sue for peace to? Perhaps France or Kofi. Has the new government even asked us to leave? This is now a peacekeeping mission. <br /><br />as a peacekeeping mission I'd say its a dismal failure. looks like war to me, and I'll bet almost any soldier on the ground there would find your comments a little baffling. your commander in chief can say whatever he wants, but even his %52 "mandate" doesn't give him the power to change reality with just his words. We are at war over there, and will be at war for the forseeable future, because as far as the neocon agenda goes, iraq is just the beginning.<br /><br />your thread here about the definition of war seem uncharacteristically disingenuous for you, pointer. This is the kind of legalistic *****footing and bull that clinton used to use all the time. W can call it whatever he wants, but we all know its still a war. The idea that we can't be at war unless its with another nation-state seems to fly in the face of the whole republican presentation of this mess. They are the ones saying its a war against terrorism, and now you say since its just terrorists we're fighting, its not a war.<br /><br />as to michael moore, who cares? I didn't think that movie was all that great. he does a great job of editing and selecting to illuminate the worst sides of people, and he did a competent job of that on W, but really missed a lot of key points and material, and didn't really present that cohesive of a thesis. As to whether its OK for him to lie becuase bush does, heck, a lot of bush supporters figure its OK for W to lie just because. No rationale given. Everyone at that level is lying. After 911, the generals and what not came on TV, looked right into the camera, and basicaly said, "hey, don't expect any of US to tell you the truth about anything from now on. Its too dangerous and you just don't need to know." THAT is a lot more disturbing to me than whether michael moore selectively edits his movies to present his bias. <br /><br />BTW, the Revolutionary War that Britain fought with us did not include two nations with proper unifomed armies. We were the insurgents and the militia then. Did that make it not a war? What about the civil war? The south wasn't a separate nation yet. Does that mean it wasn't a war?

Realgun

Commander

I wish people could see the Parallel between Irq and Germany after WWII. We we sabotaged and shot at and there were all sorts of things that happened after the war in Germany that are paralleling Irraq now. We did not pull outa Germany for about 8 years. We will be in Iraq for about that long.

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

as to michael moore, who cares?
Woodrat, that is the topic of this thread.<br /><br />I can appreciate your passion for all things political. I understand, cuz well I tend to look at things in the larger picture and the inter-relationship of things that don't overty appear connected. But there is no connection from a big fat angry liar and the war in Iraq. Just because my co-workers leave early on Fridays doesn't mean I don't owe the company a full 8. It is not reasonable for an intellegent person to justify a wrong with a wrong. Hypothetically it is not reasonable to accept lies from Michael Moore because you think someone else lies as well. <br /><br />As to your analogy regarding the American revolution or the civil war, they didn't have a formal "sovergn" government prior to the war. Iraq did. We destroyed them. In fact, we managed to put their sadistic leader into a spider hole. <br /><br />All death is a tragedy, but for a matter of perspective 1842 American citizens were killed (murdered) in the state of California in 2002. That is greater than the 3 year total of the casualties in Iraq. This does not include deaths by accident. But this is deflection and as you can see this leads us down a labryth of chaos. <br /><br />As I stated in my last two posts, this is a discussion about the two 911 movies. We should try to stay on point. And my point and substantiation shows that Mike Moore is a liar, manipulator, and his movie is a great big pile of slanderous dung. ;) <br /><br /><br /> http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2003-04-27-california-crime_x.htm

woodrat

Ensign

well, I'll just get the heck out of this thread then, because I don't see michael moore as either hero OR villain. Sure he selectively edited things, but try and tell me that this or any other administration doesn't selectively edit their entire public performance and I'll just laugh. I think his first film was his best ("roger and me"). I didn't think that farenheit really measured up to the hype.<br /><br />over and out.