Family Friendly Fishing Boat

RayRay'sToys

Cadet
I am trying to create a short list of top manufacturers for family friendly fishing boats. I had been looking at hard core fishing boats like SeaVee, Contender, Venture, etc but the needs I have are different. I have a small family and will likely entertain plenty on this boat, however I do want to be able to fish aggresively off of this boat. Here is a list of vendors I believe fall into this category. If someone can help me rank them from best to worst as well as suggest any other manufacturers, it would be appreciated.

Intrepid
Pursuit
Grady White
Boston Whaler

Thanks,

Ray

KCook

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Family Friendly Fishing Boat

All of those are very nice, not cheap either. As for additional brands, depends on size of course. But maybe add Albemarle, Chris-Craft, Edgewater, Glacier Bay, Holby, Hunt, Mikelson, MJM, Scout, Stamas, and Tiara?

Kelly Cook

Zero Balance

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I'd say that the Tiara and Albemarle are the best that could be presented to the family and thats just how i'd sell it to her. But baby,,, Only the best for you.....:D

Pursuit is built by Tiara

luckyinkentucky

Chief Petty Officer

What about a Skeeter or Nitro Fish N' Ski? I have a '95 Skeeter 200SL, and it's plenty for all of my 'clan' to hang out on. Plus, it's shallow enough that I can get back in those nifty stump fields when the Largemouth Spawn comes around. :)

RayRay'sToys

Cadet

Thanks to all for the suggestions. Anyone have opinions on the best of the ones mentioned. I have recently been to see new Grady White's, Boston Whalers, some Stamas & Intrepids. Should I still go look at the Pursuit?

orion25

Petty Officer 1st Class

Well, it will also depend on where you are fishing. Lake fishing could be accomplished by a fish 'n ski from many manufacturers. Off shore is a different story..................

kahuna

Seaman

Thanks to all for the suggestions. Anyone have opinions on the best of the ones mentioned. I have recently been to see new Grady White's, Boston Whalers, some Stamas & Intrepids. Should I still go look at the Pursuit?

In your list for wht you want to do, I'd put Stamas on top. Limited production boat, family run business and high end fit and finish. Tiara would also be on my list...but $$$$$.

RayRay'sToys

Cadet

Well, it will also depend on where you are fishing. Lake fishing could be accomplished by a fish 'n ski from many manufacturers. Off shore is a different story..................

Would be using in S. Florida which is mostly offshore fishing. Thanks for trying to help.

In your list for wht you want to do, I'd put Stamas on top. Limited production boat, family run business and high end fit and finish. Tiara would also be on my list...but $$$$$.

I will take a closer look at Stamas and Tiara. Any particular reason why nobody has mentioned Hydra Sports? What does the forum think of the Hydra Sports.

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

off shore, # 1 would be the boston whaler. holds it value an lot longer for resale. 30 year old ones are selling for close to the price they were new.

orion25

Petty Officer 1st Class

off shore, # 1 would be the boston whaler. holds it value an lot longer for resale. 30 year old ones are selling for close to the price they were new.

I agree with Boston Whaler being #1!

QC

Supreme Mariner

I would look at World Cat too. Their 270 SD is a very family friendly machine that also has nice fish features. Cats are weird, but I keep getting drawn toward them. Are you looking for a cabin? Walk-around? Express? Sport Fisher? Lots of options if you ask me.

fishdog4449

Chief Petty Officer

Robalo and HydroSport are good fishing boats, lots of room, midrange prices.

KCook

Lieutenant Commander

As for Hydra-Sports, their 2900VX looks like a reasonable pick for the family role. Too bad the back rest on the rear bench seat is so low. Decent quality and finish, but I would really not expect their price to be up at the same level as Grady-White or Pursuit.

Kelly

RayRay'sToys

Cadet

As for Hydra-Sports, their 2900VX looks like a reasonable pick for the family role. Too bad the back rest on the rear bench seat is so low. Decent quality and finish, but I would really not expect their price to be up at the same level as Grady-White or Pursuit.

Kelly

Down here the dealer that sells Hydra Sports is the same dealer that sells Pursuit. He said when he tries to compare apples to apples the Hydra Sports is more expensive. He went on to say that the Hydra Sports is a superior boat.

RayRay'sToys

Cadet

Couple of things I failed to mention. I am looking for a center console style boat with outboards. The outboard feature is for no other reason then that is what I am used to seeing and have trained my eye to visually appreciate. I think Albemarle and Tiara only make inboards from what I can tell. Stamas is one I have to take a closer look at but their website leaves alot to be desired. I thought I was able to count out the Grady White but I went back to thier website and their 33 is a nice boat. Huge head/cabin in the console. I really like the way the displays are tucted away neatly in the mechanical enclosure. Wide beam and the AC blowing on the captain might be huge in the middle of these hot summer days in Florida. It just doesn't satisfy me visually. I think I have looked at too many boats at this point because I am confused. Hopefully the Ft. Lauderdale boat show will bring some clarity.

jddenham

Petty Officer 1st Class

Does Bayliner have a center console hull with outboards?