F$%&$ earthquake

Tig

Chief Petty Officer
Re: F$%&$ earthquake

My girlfriend just got evacuated from her government building right across the river in Hull. I guess it's closed until engineers go in and inspect things.

If that's Place du Portage, it could be a while.
Oddly, we did not feel a thing here south of Trenton. But I guess that's how hinge fault quakes work. I remember a mild one in 84(ish) around 8 AM and a much more impressive one in 89(ish) during the 6:00 news. Good old Max Keeping didn't feel a thing and just kept reading the news while our place in Ottawa rattled and the fish tank sloshed. :)
I hope your boat's OK.

chargerboy

Petty Officer 1st Class

I think the building is on Portage. Got the boat fixed up, my friend has a pile of tractors for snow removal, we used two tractors with some tow straps and got the boat back up. Only damage is a scratched paint job and a couple of gouges in the plywood from the gravel.

NelsonQ

Lieutenant

I think the building is on Portage. Got the boat fixed up, my friend has a pile of tractors for snow removal, we used two tractors with some tow straps and got the boat back up. Only damage is a scratched paint job and a couple of gouges in the plywood from the gravel.

Glad to hear your boat was ok Chargerboy...