Explosives lost in Iraq

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral
This mistake has me worried. Moronic voters that think everything in this war has to be perfect might just sway to Kerry because of this.<br /><br />Why the heck did we not just blow up the whole thing? What reason was there to keep it around?<br /><br />Ken

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner
Re: Explosives lost in Iraq

well bubba's boys knew that was there,unlike the WMD's which we all knew were not.I still dont know why Bush does not draw the top people around the old table and lay it down. if my employees screwed up like that the replacement employees would know why the last ones were fired and know that if results are not immediate or sooner their replacements will get the job.

spratt

Lieutenant

What was it, something like 350 TONS of explosives? That could just about remove Iraq, or at least Falujah from the map...maybe they were hoping for an accidental explosiion? Nahhhh, couldnt of been...I agree with ya ken...this is nasty, but if it causes folks to sway to Kerry, folks have more of a problem than worrying about explosives...oops, sorry! It jsut kind of slipped out...

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

It was known about before the liberation of Iraq was even started by allied intel. By the time coalition forces got there, it was all gone....While SADAMN was still dictating over there. HMX/RDX explosives dump.<br />The reason we are being bombarded with this "top-story", is to give the impression that these munitions had just been discovered missing, for obvous political reasons. But hey, if this is the media you want to believe (New York Times "broke" this "new" story, now being used as lead-in on all the alphabets), you get what you deserve. Go ahead and blame Bush if you are that lame. This comment is not directed at anyone on iboats, just the general mentality that would fall for this low-ball 'journalism' (the moronic voters Ken related to above).<br />This area was left in charge of the Iraqi miltary anyhow, and listen carefully for references to nuclear detonators!! Huh?? WMD?? hmmm....

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Slick, aint they?<br />They even told of the time line, hoping the mind-numbed masses would glaze over it, and blame Bush and the dastardly United States anyhow...Amazing!<br />It is my firm,unbendable opinion that this entire "news flash" was planned allmost a year ago!

BLU LUNCH

Lieutenant

With all our troops being subject to daily roadside bombings. 380 tons of explovies that that's 760,000 pounds for you Rush listeners. I'm quite sure that we will hear tommorow that Kerry was to blame. I'm sure who ever took them will dispose of them properly. I pray they are not used against us...........

KaGee

Admiral

Talk about hypocrisy...<br /><br />The people who are ranting about this today, acting like these are WMD's, are the same one's screaming cause Bush "lied" about WMD's.

rolmops

Vice Admiral

If you think that 350 tons of explosives is a big deal,you should try and read some of the better informed sources that are not under the US army censure blanket.Since the US army has taken control of Irak entire brand new factories where chemicals were produced have disappeared off the arial reconnaisance maps.According to independent british sources, these factories were dismantled and taken out of the country,building and all,from under the nose of the American army.<br />Just to give you an idea what 350 tons of TNT means here are some numbers.<br />The US Standard (26) antitank mine is 13kg.of TNT.The antipersonel mine (takes off your leg just below the knee)is one pound TNT.The average roadside explosive we used to find in Lebanon was 20kg.(sometimes killed 20 people at a time)<br />To fight over who is guilty of this mishap on a political level is just plain stupid.The responsible people must be found and judged.For the meantime explosives are killing our soldiers and instead of pointing fingers in a game that has lost any flavor of good taste,maybe we should show our concern for all the soldiers whose lifes are on the line and in more danger because of all these explosives.<br />Sorry if I flew off the handle,but having been in the very same situation that many of our soldiers are in right now,I think it is time to stop concentrating on our differences and start giving our GIs the message that we may be politically divided on many things,but at the same time we are united in our support of the men who were sent to war,even if we don't agree about the war.

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

12 footer, I read the news reports and I didnt find a reference as to when the exposives were lost. I searched because I know the liberal media will do this (report news as breaking when it actually is 6 months old).<br /><br /><br />Ken

WillyBWright

Fleet Admiral

Something just seems way fishy here. Making off with explosives I can buy. Taking the buildings too? WHY????? It doesn't add up!<br /><br />But if it's true It seems ironic that during the search for weapons of mass destruction, mass weapons were taked to wreak destruction. Somebody really dropped the ball! Heads should roll! But they won't. They'll find some enlisted personnel to blame and shame to save their beehinds.

dogsdad

Lieutenant

NBC News has just reported that the explosives were missing 18 months ago, before our troops had even arrived. The other networks have been trumpeting this "blunder" all day long.<br /><br />Proof, AGAIN, that the mainstream media (with the exception, this time, of NBC) are attempting to influence the election in order to topple Bush. And never mind what the truth is!<br /><br /><br />-dd-

spratt

Lieutenant

Originally posted by dogsdad:<br /> NBC News has just reported that the explosives were missing 18 months ago, before our troops had even arrived. The other networks have been trumpeting this "blunder" all day long.<br /><br />Proof, AGAIN, that the mainstream media are attempting to influence the election in order to topple Bush. And never mind what the truth is!<br /><br /><br />Yeah, heard that too!!! I listened to the newscaster here in Wa. and had to laugh to keep from crying at their STOOPIDITY!!!! In one breath they talked about it being Bush's fault that the explosives were not tracked properly, then before that breath was fully expelled, it was some other group what was watching and monitoring it!!! OMG, when are these @#$%^&*()_ liberals gonna get their heads outta their @##@$ and wipe the %&() outta their eyes and ears and try to think straight???<br />-dd-

Link

Rear Admiral

Originally posted by dogsdad:<br /> NBC News has just reported that the explosives were missing 18 months ago, before our troops had even arrived. The other networks have been trumpeting this "blunder" all day long.<br /><br />Proof, AGAIN, that the mainstream media (with the exception, this time, of NBC) are attempting to influence the election in order to topple Bush. And never mind what the truth is!<br /><br />-dd-
Yup just heard this a few minutes ago. But look for other stuff like this between now and Nov 2nd

62_Kiwi

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Dang - I know I put them somewhere... :confused:

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

These explosives were NEVER in the control of United States armed forces. But there simply has to be a link to Bush ,doesn't there? After all , the election is November 2nd, wse need dirty laundry, not facts.

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

Originally posted by dogsdad:<br /> NBC News has just reported that the explosives were missing 18 months ago, before our troops had even arrived. The other networks have been trumpeting this "blunder" all day long.<br /><br />Proof, AGAIN, that the mainstream media (with the exception, this time, of NBC) are attempting to influence the election in order to topple Bush. And never mind what the truth is!<br /><br /><br />-dd-
I hate the liberal media. Again they show how biased they really are.<br /><br />Ken

oddjob

Commander

I'm Voting for Bush...<br /><br />as for the WMD's....<br /><br />Well, theres the media #1, The liberals #2, All Kerry supporters (knowing ands unknowing) Un community #4, Islamic terrorists #5, and of the Islamic faith who stand by avoiding any comment on the declared genecied of anyone without these beliefs.<br /><br />The Devil will pay his due by me and other Americans.

KaGee

Admiral

This was a political hit. The only difference between the NYT and a "hitman" is the weapon of choice.<br /><br />Hey Ken... a little less COWBELL please? The rest of the band is getting a headache!.....snick! :D

Ralph 123

Captain

HERE WE GO AGAIN!<br /><br />BOMB-GATE [Cliff May]<br />Sent to me by a source in the government: “The Iraqi explosives story is a fraud. These weapons were not there when US troops went to this site in 2003. The IAEA and its head, the anti-American Mohammed El Baradei, leaked a false letter on this issue to the media to embarrass the Bush administration. The US is trying to deny El Baradei a second term and we have been on his case for missing the Libyan nuclear weapons program and for weakness on the Iranian nuclear weapons program.” <br /><br />(For the record, I don’t reveal my sources so if that means I end up sharing a cell at Sing-sing with Judy Miller, so be it.) <br /><br /> http://www.nationalreview.com/thecorner/04_10_24_corner-archive.asp