Experts-question on deepV with high sides

captdag

Cadet
years ago, I remember one of my dad's friends had a old, large aluminum open V-hull with extra high sides. of course, things seem big when you?re a kid. probably 16' to 18' I?m guessing. just a open hull with a tiller outboard and bench seats. not sure if it was even a starcraft but mabey someone could point me in the right direction to which manufacture may have made such a boat? model & year? rebuild threads?

thanks for any info.

Pugetsound

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Experts-question on deepV with high sides

Need a little more info. How big was the boat? Was it like a row boat or like some of the old Aluminum run abouts? Go to the top of the forun and click on the rebuilds. There are a number of them with Photos that may help also. Your in good hands her for info.

captdag

Cadet

306.JPGthanks for your time. attached is a photo for reference I found on the web. The boat was probably a 16' footer since I doubt they made any thing bigger in that style. it was old back in the 1970's so I guess that would probably make it a 60's manufacture? Another note is I remember the sides had a upward curve to them and sloped back down at the bow. hope this helps.

Huron Angler

Admiral

This is from the '66 brochure. Pretty high sides on these up to 16' that year.

6626.jpg