Evolution versus Creation

jtexas

Fleet Admiral
Re: Evolution versus Creation

created better? well...maybe...in the sense that basketball would be a better game if the goal were larger and lower - at least it'd be easier.<br /><br />are we still evolving...seems to me (using my big brain, which was created in God's image, by the way, so I better darn well use it), that evolution is the whole point of gender and sexual reproduction; so the DNA can get combined in new & exciting ways.

Skinnywater

Commander

I believe in the Alpha and the Omega.<br /><br />I believe in evolution too, but it's in between.

lakelivin

Lieutenant Junior Grade

This thread seems to have 'evolved' (pun intended) into a debate as to whether: <br /><br />A) Evolution is the only correct explaination <br />B) Creationism is the only correct explaination<br />C) The two (Intelligent Design)aren't necessarily incompatible<br /><br />But aren't we in a sense wasting time debating these? After all, until we die we'll never know for sure, regardless of however much scientific evidence points to evolution or the dep degree of faith that makes many so sure of Creationism.<br /><br />Isn't the REAL debate about whether Creationism (Intelligent Design) should be taught alongside evolution as a scientific theory in science classes? <br /><br />My position (since some on this are board are critical of those who don't take a position) is that based upon the scientific evidence, evolution is the most likely mechanism by which we arrived where we are. I also believe that it could well have been initiated by a 'Superior Force/ Being', but since there is no scientific evidence of this it should not be taught in science class. I have no problem with it being taught in theology classes, at home, or at ones religous institution of choice.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

"He" had to get where "He" is somehow folks and me thinks it was the ailens that created "Him".

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

debate? this a debate? oh.<br /><br />Anybody who wants creationism or intelligent design taught in science class should know how to get it done. Approach it using the scientific method, develop a hypothesis and methods of observation and testing that can be measured. Do some experiments, get 'em published in scientific journals, write a scientific book about it, get broader support from the scientific community. If it is science, it should be taught in science.<br /><br />thats my contribution to the debate!

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

I think life was created to evole. also evolving does not mean getting better.stronger and faster, thats the bionic man. evolution means changing to adapt to an evolving environment. occasionally the environment changes faster than life so the life forms that cannot evolve fast enough die off and another takes its place. has happened before and will again. its the process that was created.

dogsdad

Lieutenant

Originally posted by rolmops:<br /> I was not present during either evolution or creation so I cannot bear witness as to which one is true.<br />I understand that creationists do believe literally word for word what is written in the bible.If that understanding is correct,do creationists believe that the earth is flat and that the sun turns around the earth?<br />Just wondering.
I was going to ask if the evolutionists believe the same thing!

dogsdad

Lieutenant

(Edited because I screwed up editing. I guess ya had to have been there!)<br />-dd-

dogsdad

Lieutenant

Originally posted by David L. Moore:<br />
Originally posted by David L. Moore:<br /> Rodbolt, I like how you think. You escaped the abvious and thought outside the box. <br /><br />As for the whole evolution and creation thing, I am not aware, and I count on you all to enlighten me, of any evidence that says both could not exist. I admit I have not read the bible from beginning to end, however does it say how God created? Why could God not have used evolution as his method of fine-tuning his creations? And dinosaurs, please, God could have created those and and the bible jus thave omitted the mention of them. The bible does refer to days, but since I was little I questioned, to God how long was a day? Was it our 24hrs, or perhaps amillion years? Until the time of the Caesars, our year wasn't 12 months long, it wasn't until they added July (for Julius) and August, (for, you guessed it Augustus) that we got our current 12 month year. And do you notice that those are the only two consecutive months with 31 days?<br /><br />I just saw a cartoon, a man climbs to the top af a mountain to be close to Gos and asks, "God, what is a million years to you?" <br />God replies, "A minute.<br />Man asks, "God what is a million dollars to you?"<br />God replies, "A minute.<br />"May I have a million dollars?<br />"In a minute." :)
Makes me wonder how much humor and how much truth is in that joke.
Well, well, well. Here's a point where DLM and I share a view. There are multiple passages in the Bible that suggest that time is meaningless to God.<br /><br />Someone tell me...if God wanted to create a rock, right this instant, that is five billion years old, could He not do it? After all...He is God!<br /><br /> :) <br /><br /><br />-dd-

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

yes, but, I don't believe God exists on a linear time scale like we do...every moment that ever has happened or ever will happen is always happening, so even if He did it this instant, it would be five billion years ago...I mean, He could this instant create a rock five billion years ago. At least I think that's what I mean.

lakelivin

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Originally posted by jtexas:<br /> yes, but, I don't believe God exists on a linear time scale like we do...every moment that ever has happened or ever will happen is always happening, so even if He did it this instant, it would be five billion years ago...I mean, He could this instant create a rock five billion years ago. At least I think that's what I mean.
I started to think about this and now my head hurts....

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

oh no. some one is in the refer time relavancy issue, next will be the dust speck in the universe theory :) :) .<br /> I just wonder how many other life forms had evolved a society before disapearing?<br />this rock we are on is rather old compared with whats known about humans.

txswinner

Banned

As a believer in Christ Jesus and God's creation of the universe, I can only say to the non-believers, if I am right you are in BIGGGG trouble, if you are right who cares!!!

theriver

Petty Officer 1st Class

29448.jpg
<br /><br />"What -- Me Worry?"