Evolution versus Creation

D

DJ

Re: Evolution versus Creation

Boggles the mind, how things fit together. <br /><br />
Your mind perhaps. <br /><br />Not the Creators.<br /><br />Here's a newsflash for ya. You AIN'T God.

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

whoa, thanks for clearing that up, DJ. <br /><br />I perceive that you might have been offended when I shared with you that my mind gets boggled when I try to contemplate the universe. Did I read you correctly? If so can you share what it is you found objectionable?

oddjob

Commander

This is all very interesting....I used to ponder the same things....Never thought about why the monkeys and apes are here though. Thanks for the thread fellas...I thought I was the only one..<br /><br />I read the bible for reference once in awhile but I never completed it. Men have not changed much..

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

Originally posted by rodbolt:<br /> so what happens when they find apes evolved from humans?
It's been done. Five times. And redone.<br /><br />
ending.jpg

QC

Supreme Mariner

Originally posted by Vlad D Impeller:<br />
Originally posted by Quietcat:<br /> Evolution was created . . . Next issue.
Ya in Martha Stewart's kitchen :p
Now I get why she seems above the law!!! Much clearer, thanks. :p :p :p :p :D :D

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Originally posted by LubeDude:<br />Oh, and SBN, God has always been, there was no beginning for Him, and there is no end.
If there was no beginning for "Him", how do we know he's real then.<br />"He" had to come from somewhere. :confused:

FSHKPR

Ensign

i once read an article that said the earth has been to this stage in technology a couple times already. been wiped out and started all over. cant remember where i read that or really very much about it. did not believe it but it was kinda interesting.anybody else ever heard of that theory?

QC

Supreme Mariner

Originally posted by FSHKPR:<br /> i once read an article that said the earth has been to this stage in technology a couple times already. been wiped out and started all over.
Now that explains how Stonehenge was made. They used Caterpillar equipment from one of the first go 'rounds!!! :D :D

Link

Rear Admiral

FSHKPR<br />I "think" in the American King James bible it quotes" Nothing on earth is new" but I can't say for sure. <br />Seems to me I read it at one time. But hey, ask me what I did yesterday and I'd be hard pressed to tell ya! :) <br /><br />Great post rolmops.

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

The thing that hath been, it is that which shall be; and that which is done is that which shall be done: and there is no new thing under the sun. (ECC 1:9 KJV). <br /><br />Biblical proof of the scientific theory that all matter that will ever exist has always existed and will always exist. Just in different combinations.<br /><br />[I just made up that last part on the spot.]

rolmops

Vice Admiral

Jtexas,<br />You said that it boggles your mind. Do not forget that man was created in His likeness.Yet at the same time to try to grasp an inkling of even what He chooses to show us would be completely beyond my comprehension.So I just celebrate and enjoy it.<br />A great "Cheers and Enjoy" to all of you who know how to celebrate creation and its Creator.

Realgun

Commander

Its real funny to think that there is not something behind the way the universe works.<br />Personally I believe that Evolution is real. God said I wonder...and thats whats going on now.

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Originally posted by Realgun:<br /> God said I wonder...and thats whats going on now.
God would have never said "I wonder". He most certainly said "I know"!

mattttt25

Commander

about the only fear (unknown) left in the world is death. if we figure out that you just die and go away, religion and god will cease to exist.<br /><br />don't yell at me, history points the above theory.

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

Ever notice how every step in the creation story in Genesis chapter 1 ends with "..And the evening and the morning were the first day...second day..." and so on? Except it doesn't say that for the seventh day? Does that mean the seventh day hasn't ended yet?

theriver

Petty Officer 1st Class

Lubedude,<br /><br />I am truly happy for you and your wonderful life. I really am. But look around there is lots of ugliness in the world. Both past and present. Horrific displays of natural and human caused devastation. Children born with cancer and birth defects. Perhaps you should consider yourself more fortunate as opposed to writing your situation off as the norm. <br /><br />There are hideous creatures on the planet and beautiful ones. Flowers and mold. <br /><br />If there is a God, I can think of items too numerous to count that he's let us all down about.

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

Originally posted by theriver:<br /> If there is a God, I can think of items too numerous to count that he's let us all down about.
He didn't promise it would be easy. S'no consolation I know.<br /><br />He put us in a hostile world, in which we are ill equipped to deal with it...compare us to the rest of the animal kingdom...not particularly fast, bleed easily, no claws, no fangs, no camoflage, no fur, vision, hearing not particularly good. Ya get water in your lungs, you drown. All we got going for us is big brains & opposable thumbs. But, that's the life we were promised & that's what we got. Why? That's the mystery. Meanwhile, you take the joy where you can find it. <br /><br />That's my approach, most days.

theriver

Petty Officer 1st Class

"Meanwhile, you take the joy where you can find it." -ABSOLUTELY!!! I agree.<br /><br />are you saying we could have been "created" better? :)<br /><br />I say we are still evolving. Unfortunately science IS evolving, but unfortunately (many) humans are degenerating (fatter, dumber, lazier, etc.).