Evolution versus Creation

PW2

Commander
Re: Evolution versus Creation

"Man is the only animal that blushes...<br />or needs to."<br /><br />---Mark Twain

Vlad D Impeller

Commander

JB wrote: "Further, we don't even "rule" the planet, bugs do."<br />__________________________________________________________________<br /><br />I cannot prove you wrong, and i certainly doubt that anyone can :)

tommays

Admiral

we dont have a Theory Of Gravity but do have a Theory Of Evolution which must mean its pretty hard to turn it into hard fact ;) <br /><br />tommays

Homerr

Commander

dnftt.jpg

dakk1

Chief Petty Officer

Of course God is an alien, He sure ain't from around here! :D <br /><br />Dave..

JasonJ

Rear Admiral

Actually homerr, if you look into the scientific community, especially on the subject of evolution, the term "theory" is pretty much the same as "fact". Don't yell at me, it is simply what I have read. No, they have not proven that Evolution is 100% real, but the hard evidence towards it is so overwelming that it is more fact than anything else. Again, that is what I have read, and I read ALOT. Like I have said before in other posts, I'll know the truth when I die. Until then, I am just here to fish....

rolmops

Vice Admiral

In spite of all of that.<br />Is she flat or round? Mother earth I mean.

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

:p Well....? How would and expert on the subject of aliens, like SBN; explain it?.... :D

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

Originally posted by rolmops:<br /> I was not present during either evolution or creation so I cannot bear witness as to which one is true.<br />I understand that creationists do believe literally word for word what is written in the bible.If that understanding is correct,do creationists believe that the earth is flat and that the sun turns around the earth?<br />Just wondering.
Creationists believe that all the various species were created as is, versus one evolving from the other.<br /><br />"Literalists" believe literally word for word what is written in the bible.<br /><br />I'm not sure what literalists do if approached by different versions or translations, or if they are all required to learn Greek and Hebrew.<br /><br />I don't believe the Bible discusses astronomy.<br /><br />But, not having personally been on a shuttle mission, therefore not having seen the Earth from space, I can't really comment on its shape. Sorry.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Originally posted by snapperbait:<br /> :p Well....? How would and expert on the subject of aliens, like SBN; explain it?.... :D
Well, if there is a God, then someone had to create him, right? ;) <br />'nuff said. :)

rolmops

Vice Admiral

Hello,Jtexas.<br />I do read, write and speak ancient Hebrew.It is one of those things,I picked up along the way.While not fishing.<br />In the book of Joshua chapter 10 in the battle against the Amorites,Joshua addressed the Lord;he said in the presence of the Israelites:<br />"Stand still,O sun ,at Gibeon,<br />O moon in the valley of Ayalon!"<br />And the sun stood still<br />And the moon halted.<br /><br />So what moves?,and what stands still?

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

Outstanding! If I were a literalist I'd probably be in straight-jacket by now.<br /><br />As a student of the bible and a fisherman, you should be able to identify this quote:<br /><br />
In our family, there was no clear line between religion and fly fishing. We lived at the junction of great trout rivers in western Montana, and our father was a Presbyterian minister and a fly fisherman who tied his own flies and taught others. He told us about Christ's disciples being fishermen, and we were left to assume, as my brother and I did, that all first-class fishermen on the Sea of Galilee were fly fishermen and that John, the favorite, was a dry-fly fisherman. <br />

rolmops

Vice Admiral

Does that river still run through it??

Limited-Time

Vice Admiral

Starts with the Creation or Evolution question, sprinkle in some alien theories, a flash back to the 60’s educational system, a few Dinosaurs, some debate on crude oil reserves, an interesting use for unwanted turkey parts, a manufacturing plant in PA, a little Fly Fishing and some river talk, all in all a pretty good thread. :) :)

LubeDude

Admiral

Ever see anything that happened by accident turn out as beautiful as our universe is?<br /><br />If all of life were an accident, our animals, espesially birds would be camoflage, not beautiful colors all simetrically designed. Deer and elk would be green, and fish would be clear. There would be no beauty in the human race, and my son would have been born with another hand out of the middle of his chest, I have needed that extra hand many times.<br /><br />Oh, and SBN, God has always been, there was no beginning for Him, and there is no end.

QC

Supreme Mariner

Evolution was created . . . Next issue.

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

It would violate my core beliefs to argue against creation, but it seems to me that perfect camoflage (green deer, clear fish) would be too perfect...something an intelligent designer might come up with. On the other hand, predator species would starve. And if there were no beauty in the human race, who would want to reproduce?<br /><br />Boggles the mind, how things fit together. <br /><br />Ever wonder, for example, how long it would take, using trial & error, to evolve a flying mammal that can't see worth a darn, but can use sonar to fly and hunt?<br /><br />Another thing I wonder about: who was the first person to look at a pile of sand and think, "I bet if you heated that stuff up really really hot and melted it down, it would transform into a rigid transparent substance that would be perfect for windows."