Evinrude 25202r WOT adjustment

Rjybilcom

Seaman
You know what Racerone, can't believe something this stupid was happening. I noticed the screw where the condenser and coil leads attach to the points on the top compared to the screw on the bottom and realized I had put the screw in from the opposite side where it goes through that fiberboard. Put the screw in the correct way and I have strong spark. Put the flywheel back on, left sparkplug wire off the bottom and it fired right up. Put it back on, fired it up again. Makes a huge difference when both cylinders are firing.

saltchuckmatt

Lieutenant Commander
There are better ones than this but these are inexpensive and get the job done.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230107-113019.png
    Screenshot_20230107-113019.png
    322.9 KB · Views: 2

racerone

Supreme Mariner
I have proper spark testers for testing 4 leads at a time.-----But if I needed 1 tomorrow I think I would use and old 6 cylinder distributor cap.-----Lid off a soup can and some wires.----Nothing to it.

Rjybilcom

Seaman
Ok. I have sold this motor. The guys that bought it ran a compression check, it was 110 on top cylinder and 112 on the bottom cylinder. This was after we had run the motor several minutes. When I was getting 85-90 it was a cold motor so I guess that explains the difference. They ran it first with bottom wire pulled off, then top wire pulled off to make sure each cylinder ran. Now 2 weeks later, he contacted me saying top cylinder is not firing. Well, sometimes it does but then cuts out. Evidently he is getting strong spark but doesn't think its getting fuel. Is it possible the reed valves in the intake are not working like they should? I'm not a boat mechanic but if you have compression and spark, that leaves fuel?

jimmbo

Supreme Mariner
You sold it. It really isn't your Problem anymore. I am assuming the Bill of Sale says, 'AS IS'. A 2 stroke has Crankcase Compression, in addition to Cylinder Compression