Ever met anyone famous?

tcube

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Ever met anyone famous?

Met GWB at the White House - he flew in from Camp David while I was there on a small tour.<br /><br />King Hussein I in Jordan.<br /><br />ROK President Park Chung Hee in Korea.<br /><br />Malcom Forbes at the Holiday Inn, Giza, Egypt.<br /><br />Pumped gas for and washed Phil Everely's windshield - a very long time ago as a kid in Nashville.

eeboater

Commander

kanesean at gmail dot com...<br /><br />Thanks :D <br /><br /><br />PS -- I'm sorry for the hijack as well...<br /><br />Sean

stan_deezy

Lieutenant Commander

Originally posted by eeboater:<br /> kanesean at gmail dot com...<br /><br />Thanks :D <br /><br /><br />PS -- I'm sorry for the hijack as well...<br /><br />Sean
relax about the 'jacking, it's a friendly thread :cool: :cool:

QC

Supreme Mariner

EE,<br /><br />Got it. Coming your way.

deputydawg

Lieutenant Commander

I have a friend that knows a guy that has a friend who has a brother that met Larry the Cable Guy (AKA Dan Whitney, born and raised on a pig farm near Pawnee City Nebraska) at the Wal Mart in Lincoln Nebraska. He even found out where his home in Lincoln was.<br /><br />My dad even went to school with larry's parents or something like that.<br /><br />I came close to meeting myself one evening, but I got out of the way. I am kinda almost famous in my own world.

ZmOz

Captain

I was at a party a few months ago and met Art Alexakis (the guy from Everclear) and talked to him for about 15 minutes. Turns out he only lives a few miles from me. :) <br /><br />I met Michael Jordan a long time ago, when he was 'just' a basketball player. I saw him at the Nike headquarters and went up and shook his hand. I was only about 10, and a big basketball fan at the time.<br /><br />I also met Kevin James when I went to see a taping of his show and got a tour of the set. Seemed like a really nice guy.

harkawy

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Chuck Connors was a customer of mine. Sold him a rifle safe for his home/ranch in Bear Valley Springs. He looked taller in life than he was on the screen. He was kind of quiet and didn't get too involved with trades people that were hired to do work at his residence. His personal assistant was the go between. <br /><br />Opened the Hollywood Hills home for Ruth Buzzie (sp). No she wasn't waring that hair net that looked like a bullet hole in her forehead, and no she wasn't crazy. Very nice lady.

rottenray6402

Ensign

Sometime around 1980 John Denver filmed a movie in Alaska. Some guides I knew flew him around for the movie and we all got invited to the premier showing of the movie in Anchorage. John rented a small theater and had a small party then we watched the movie. He seemed like a nice guy and down to earth. One of the guides is the guy that got him interested in flying.......

scott begovich

Seaman Apprentice

Ken Warby, the worlds fastest man on water 317.60 mph navigates for me in the Team AMFoffshoreonly.com raceboat I drive

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

My cousin plays trumpet in the Count Basie Orchestra

JasonJ

Rear Admiral

Met President Clinton and Hilary while in Korea, was able to shake their hands (Hilary's seemed stronger), and someone got a pic of it, which my ex wife got ahold of and made disappear. Yeah I know, it was Clinton, but it is still cool to be able to meet a Prez. I would think it would be equally cool if I could meet George W. Its just not every day you can meet a prez.

11 footer

Lieutenant

I met George Bush senior and first lady Barbra Bush last year in Maine.<br /><br />He was much taller then I had expected, and had one of the best handshakes I've ever seen very solid and looks you right in the eye.<br />He seemed like a very nice guy

ErikDC

Petty Officer 1st Class

I cooked with Regis Philbin once. I used to work as a demo cook in the mid 90's at a store called HomePlace, basically a WAY overpriced home accessories type of store and they paid Regis to come in for their Grand Re-Opening. Really nice guy and MUCH funnier in person, he told dirty jokes when we were back in the prep kitchen. He wears a ton of make-up on TV too, he's covered with liver spots. Very cool dude!

LubeDude

Admiral

Met Sean Young last year while she was staying in one of the Bosses places, she was in her bathrobe and had just got up. I had to fix the pump as she was out of water. Nothing to look at especially that time of the morning.<br /><br /> Sean Young <br /><br />Met John Force of dragster fame about ten years ago. He wanted to know what oil to use.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Originally posted by LubeDude:<br /> Met Sean Young last year while she was staying in one of the Bosses places, she was in her bathrobe and had just got up. I had to fix the pump as she was out of water. Nothing to look at especially that time of the morning.<br /><br /> Sean Young <br /><br />Met John Force of dragster fame about ten years ago. He wanted to know what oil to use.
I get to see him ever year at Columbus.<br />You told him Gastrol!!!!!! :eek:

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

Back in my earlier years being a DJ at a lounge, I met several famous drivers.<br /><br />Al Unser spent an evening doing his promo thing, then the following night Al Unser jr spent 2 hours in my DJ booth trying to do my job :eek: <br />Other drivers include Mario Andretti, Emo Fitapaldi, and Bobby Rahal. They were all competing at Mid Ohio Sports car course at that time.

OLDSPUD

Petty Officer 1st Class

Played basketball with some old Rams players, Jerry Reynolds, Fred Dryer and some others. Pretty fun guys.<br /><br />Met Steve Garvey, and Slim Pickins ( he was at a Bar in West Yellowstone. Both seemed real cool. <br /><br />Handled Real Estate closings for William Devane, Steve Young, and Jason Buck, Devane was kindaof pushy Lots of wealthy folks have cabins at Sundance here in Utah.<br /><br />Spud

Terry H

Lieutenant Commander

I met Popeye many years ago after I had a date with Olive Oyl. But then, I really does't wants to talk about it. Chief ;)

LadyFish

Admiral

I forgot to mention, I used to see AJ Foyt and Danny Sullivan quite often. I worked for AJ's Godfather who sponsored much of his racing.<br /><br />One person I never got to meet who was once famous was my great uncle Gabby Hartnett who is in the baseball hall of fame.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Originally posted by Chief 101:<br /> I met Popeye many years ago after I had a date with Olive Oyl. But then, I really does't wants to talk about it. Chief ;)
:D :D @Chief