Ever met anyone famous?

Forktail

Ensign
Re: Ever met anyone famous?

I guided Tom Selleck (Magnum PI) and Rich Little (commedian). Talked with Ricky Schroader (NYPD Blue) and his kid while bank fishing on a remote river a few years ago. Talked with VP Cheaney for about 5 minutes back when he was the Defense Director and I was working on a military plane. Been back stage with Sammy Hagar (rock star). Wow. Met Franco Harris (Steeler's running back) in Honolulu. We talked fishing and ended up getting a charter together.

gonefishie

Commander

Let see, Reggie Miller, Rik Smits, Antonio Davis, Anthony Mason(this was like standing next to the Hulk), Tommy Chong, BJ Armstrong, Scottie Pippen and lastly Roger Water.

Dave Abrahamson

Lieutenant

I chatted with Evel Kneivel for a while not too long ago. Nice enough guy...could tell he had a short fuse though.

Trent

Captain

See Hank Williams Jr. All the time. Met Chuck Yeager several times.. hes a snob.

LubeDude

Admiral

Originally posted by SBN:<br /> You told him Gastrol!!!!!![/b] :eek:
Like he would ask "me" anything about oil! Also, if ya all believe that just because it says some kind of oil on the cars that that is the brand they actually use, you have to be kidding, Right? And, even if they were, do you actually think you could buy that particular blend off the shelf. :eek: Thats such a closely guarded secret that if they told ya they would have to kill ya.<br /><br />The oiling system in top fuel dragster is vastly different than your engine in your everyday car, as in, did you know that "NO" oil goes to the valve train other than the cam and lifters.

one more cast

Captain

I have a wrench that the film crew from the movie "the good shepard" left at the motel where my wife works. If they call for it I will have to give it back. :D <br /><br />The good shepard...<br />Robert De Niro directs this dramatic thriller that traces 40 years of CIA history. Matt Damon, Angelina Jolie and De Niro star; Francis Ford Coppola serves as executive producer. With a storyline steeped in spy mythology and the origins of America’s most secretive intelligence bureau, this film will appeal strongly to men 25-54.

Bass Man Bruce

Lieutenant

I've got ya all beat, I had a nice little chat with Fred Bear many moons ago! :p

oddjob

Commander

Originally posted by NoelMG:<br /> I ate dinner with SBN 2 years ago.
:D <br /><br />All in Miami Lakes near where I work, I met, and :<br /><br /> <br /> Chatted with Dan Marino at lunch time at a cafe.<br /><br /> Met Don Shula in the local cuban barber shop.<br /><br /> Had dinner with Earl Morell at a Don shula sports bar and grill grand opening. I had the last booth and he and his misses needed to sit down. Do to his presents I met a bunch of Dolphins players with Earls wife telling mine all the dirt about each one. He was a great guy. He told me he only made 35,000 a year during the "Pefect Season" and drove he and his family to most of the games in a station wagon.<br /><br />long time ago:<br /><br />I met Story Mustgrave when I was a child...My father taught him how to fly and would also drop him from a plane to parachute over the Smalltown Airport and business my father upgraded and managed in Cynthiana, KY. with federal dollars. I dont remember him because nobody knew then what he would do later.. :)

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

I got to fish, and have lunch with Aspeck... :D Heck of a nice guy... He's got the coolest good luck fishing hat too!... :D <br /><br />I see Donald Trump every so often, only in passing... as in, usually me passing him in his ferarri or mazeratti, or whatever that blue piece of junk is... :D He wears the BIGGEST pair of aviator sunglasses you've ever seen! they're HUGE! :cool: na, more like
42.gif
<br /><br /> Ran into Rod Stewart at the gas station.. Almost did'nt recognize him.. (yes, he pumps his own gas) Pleasant feller.. Rod's ex-wife Rachel Hunter would occasionally shop in the same Publix (grocery store) where I do.. :D woooo wooo woo...

LubeDude

Admiral

Originally posted by LubeDude:<br />
Originally posted by SBN:<br /> You told him Gastrol!!!!!![/b] :eek:
Like he would ask "me" anything about oil! Also, if ya all believe that just because it says some kind of oil on the cars that that is the brand they actually use, you have to be kidding, Right? And, even if they were, do you actually think you could buy that particular blend off the shelf. :eek: Thats such a closely guarded secret that if they told ya they would have to kill ya.<br /><br />The oiling system in top fuel dragster is vastly different than your engine in your everyday car, as in, did you know that "NO" oil goes to the valve train other than the cam and lifters.
:eek: Dang, I tried to hi-jack this thread and turn it into an oil thread but it didnt work, :rolleyes: I guess Im losing my touch. :p <br /><br />Honestly, that wasnt my intention at all, Sorry. :p

neumanns

Lieutenant Commander

I hang out on Iboats with NATE and he met JB once, Does that count?

QC

Supreme Mariner

Originally posted by neumanns:<br /> I hang out on Iboats with NATE and he met JB once
Guys and Gals, just give up. Neumanns wins. :D

Triton II

Commander

Met General Chuck Yeager at a big birthday function for another famous person - Australian aviator and adventurer **** Smith - here in Australia. As the first man to fly supersonic Chuck was my childhood hero. I told him that I was a huge fan and also flew Hawker Hunters when I was in the Air Force. Chuck test flew the Hunter and recommended it to the Dutch Air Force. He took a long look at me and said, "talk is cheap son!"<br />I was taken aback, then realised that he probably thought I was too young to have flown this very old aircraft (they were all older than I was when I flew them in the early 80s). Was he surprised when I produced my Air Force flying suit and asked him to sign it! He didn't apologise for erroneously implying I was a liar, but he did sign the suit and we shook hands... guess that's as good as an apology!

ebbtide176

Commander

i met santa claus back when i was a tiny tater tot :D he was cool, and i actually got that bb gun i wanted for 3yrs. i was scared to death he found out about me smackin my little sis around just before christmas, but i guess all the times i was good made up for it...

mattttt25

Commander

president clinton handed me my college diploma and shook my hand. big dude.<br /><br />sat on a plane next to oksana baiul (olympic gold medal in figure skating). it was right after she got busted for dwi. hot.<br /><br />served as a sword bearer in james lovell's (apollo 13) wedding (renewed his vows). held at the academy, hung out with him at the after party and he signed a book. impressive guy.

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

I absolutely stopped keeping track.... A few President's (Nixon - Real great guy would come through a crowd to shake the hand of a soldier in NYC about 18 years ago), Carter (I was a "presidential evacuation" team member when he was in office).<br /><br />Ton's and ton's of actors and actress' due to my side business of Special Effects.....LOL yesterday 9/13 I went to a movie set and dragged along my boss and we met Anna Nicole Smith and John James.... Chyna Laurer is due here soon. My boss was speachless!

Mark42

Fleet Admiral

Dustin Hoffman, right after he made "The Graduate". Was on a small charter fishing boat in NC. I was about 10 yrs old, my folks had to tell me who he was. My older brother has it on Super 8 movie film. He never actually fished. Just hung out on the top deck with his tackle box and the babes.

LubeDude

Admiral

Originally posted by mattttt25:<br /> president clinton handed me my college diploma and shook my hand. big dude.<br /><br />
I probably wouldnt have even showed up for my own graduation if I knew he was going to be there let alone shake his hand. :eek: President or not, I have absolutly no respect for the Clintons.

mattttt25

Commander

when you are commissioned as a naval officer on the same day and he's your commander-in-chief, you're sort of expected to show up.