Engine oil in 2007 SX-A outdrive?

Priggster

Recruit
When winterizing found low fluid in outdrive. Added a quart and still no oil level! Meanwhile towed the boat to a hill to drain bilge water. Returned to driveway and found clearish (engine oil?) had topped off the outdrive. I know I had a full outdrive of gear oil last spring. Where’d it go? Also, can engine oil leak into the outdrive when I placed the boat on the hill?
Thanks ahead of time!

BRICH1260

Lieutenant
When winterizing found low fluid in outdrive. Added a quart and still no oil level! Meanwhile towed the boat to a hill to drain bilge water. Returned to driveway and found clearish (engine oil?) had topped off the outdrive. I know I had a full outdrive of gear oil last spring. Where’d it go? Also, can engine oil leak into the outdrive when I placed the boat on the hill?
Thanks ahead of time!
Engine oil and drive oil are separate and cannot be mixed. I would pull the drive and check the bellows to make sure that you do not have any drive oil leaking into there. if none there, then you probably leaked it out into the water during use and will need to replace some seals.