Electronic ignition

H20wens

Seaman
Howdy folks,
I just wanted to share my experience (so far) with my new E-ignition. I recently installed a "Hot Spark" ignition kit. It took me about a half-hour to install and it works great. My boat starts like it is fuel injected-hot or cold- and runs smoother than it ever has. I will try increasing the gap on the plugs next to take full advantage on the additional charge.

"Hot Spark" is a new company from Austin Texas. I paid $60 on ebay. So far I am very happy with it.

dbkerley

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Electronic ignition

I put the Pertronix unit in mine and haven't put enough hours on it to say for sure that it is better. It seems better for now. The timing reads differently when the motor is running right and it doesn't want to run well at all set at spec.

I have to get it in the water and set it under load to say for sure. It definitely appears to be better.

ziggy

Admiral

glad your new electronic ign. is working well for you guys.

so far... i'm still sticking with points. my engine also starts very well. cold or hot. so i guess i don't see the need for the change for my rig.

if i was gonna put some extra money into the boat right now it'd be for a heater of some kind. i wanna go boating into the colder weather and be comfortable, which in a Nineteen (even w/o a heater), ya can do.. sure wish the season wasn't winding down though, it's been a good one so far for me.

Brianh

Cadet

if i was gonna put some extra money into the boat right now it'd be for a heater of some kind. i wanna go boating into the colder weather and be comfortable, which in a Nineteen (even w/o a heater), ya can do.. sure wish the season wasn't winding down though, it's been a good one so far for me.
Wouldn't it be possible to come off the motor with heater hose and purchase a heater core for a auto and make some kind of box to mount it in with a blower attached?

ziggy

Admiral

Wouldn't it be possible to come off the motor with heater hose and purchase a heater core for a auto and make some kind of box to mount it in with a blower attached?
yep, that would be the plan...

here's a link that help give me the perticulars of how to hook it up. http://forums.iboats.com/showthread.php?t=439735 see post #2.

and since i don't have any spare parts around, something like this perhaps. http://www.heatercraft.com/images/catalog/index.html

i've not done any looking yet. but seems like the starboard back seat front could be removed and a new panel cut for the heater core would go back in place.