Droopy pants...finally beaten!!

spratt

Lieutenant
Re: Droopy pants...finally beaten!!

Jason, good post...but I personally hafta disagree just a bit about some of that. Now, because I try to live by the teachings of the Bible, I believe a dress code exists for me and my family. No way am I going to tell y ou that you have to live by my codes...however, I believe Christians have a charge to be an example to the rest of the folks in the world. Some "Christians" believe it is alright to have piercings, dress punk or Goth, etc...but the Bible says we are to come out from among them abd be ye separate...nad that we are to be Holy as He is Holy. <br /><br />Hang on, I am not preaching to you, just trying to make a point...<br /><br />If someone came up to you and told you that they were a Christian, but had piercings all over, dressed punk, what would be your first opinion? That is why I believe that a Christian is supposed to be DIFFERENT than those we are trying to win. OK, now to make my point.<br /><br />If my children, young adults, were allowed to dress like th punks, goths, or whatever else roams the school halls, then on the outside they are no better than the others IN MY OPINION. I have been a manger of several IT departments, and I can tell you that first impressions make all the difference to a Hiring Manager. So, to get to the meat of this, I believe that the outward appearance is as much a telltale of what is inside as can be. True, some just cvannot help but yield to peer pressure. And there are some parents who grew up as you say you did, with the same hair and dress as those you hung out with. Maybe you weren't bad on the inside, but noone could tell that, couold they. I am sure you got a lot of resistance from folks...<br /><br />I am extremely conservative, so please forgive m if I offend you in my opinions. But even so, I stand by them.

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

I 100% agree with you you cant tell a book by its cover.<br /><br />BUT, most people do believe that you can judge a book by its cover. Exspecially when all they have to go by is the cover.<br /><br />We have to play by societies rules, not what is PC.<br /><br />Jason, I am qute certain you got your fair share of looks in that getup. Since it is your decision to wear that, you have to take the good with the bad.<br /><br />I wont let my kids wear piercings or baggy pants or bare midriffs cause of what people think. You never get a second chance to make a first impression. In high school, if I went on a date with a girl that wore short shorts and a super tight short shirt, I would be expecting something.<br /><br />Ken

spratt

Lieutenant

Originally posted by kenimpzoom:<br /> In high school, if I went on a date with a girl that wore short shorts and a super tight short shirt, I would be expecting something.<br /><br />Ken
Ken, it is just like I said before~~~if someone leaves a door open, it is only natural that anyone walking by that door will look into the opening to see what is there...same with clothing...if a woman leaves the "door" open, then it is an invitation to take a look at what is inside...but to be fair, men do it also...leave the door open that is!!