Doral still alive?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheoMD

Recruit
Re: Doral still alive?

I have tried contacting ... no response. Have a 2003 330SE. Any idea where to source a new acrylic chart cover by starboard lounge and cup holder on wet bar????

Thanks!!

BSAFlash

Petty Officer 1st Class

I have tried contacting ... no response. Have a 2003 330SE. Any idea where to source a new acrylic chart cover by starboard lounge and cup holder on wet bar????

Thanks!!

They are very simple parts to have made. The hard part is finding a supplier of the correct coloured and thickness acrylic sheet, once found the supplier will know of someone that can cut and bend it for you.

jhawk123

Cadet

I actually need new replacement vinyls for the cockpit seats.
A complete kit.
As far as I know they made these in house........
For the rest, we all do the same thing.........

Bannister,
I am also needing replacement vinyl skins for my intrigue. Have you had any luck finding anything? Joe

bannister

Petty Officer 2nd Class

nope............
Lets hope Doral gets back in business soon, or I will be searching for someone local to do it all from scratch.................

gaugeman

Seaman Apprentice

I have been searching since last year in vain. Had someone steal the gauges and switches and electronics out of the boat in September. Now I need the gauge bezel and wiring harness as well as the switches. :mad-new:

Does anyone have any new information? There must have been a ton of parts left in the warehouse....just need to find out what happened to them....maybe a road trip to the village and see what the locals know.....

bannister

Petty Officer 2nd Class

please let us know what you find out.............

tpenfield

Staff member

Keep in mind that Doral probably, most likely, did not make the gauges or the switches. They just buy commonly available parts. The wiring harness is largely based on the engine, so you could start there, but you may have to find someone to custom configure it, as Doral would do in he factory.

gaugeman

Seaman Apprentice

Keep in mind that Doral probably, most likely, did not make the gauges or the switches. They just buy commonly available parts. The wiring harness is largely based on the engine, so you could start there, but you may have to find someone to custom configure it, as Doral would do in he factory.

I found all the switches and the gauges with the exception of depth gauge. If someone could get me the information on that, it would be appreciated.

The flat plates for the radio and switches I can have made. My issue is the gauge bezel that is thremo formed and is most likely a Doral item only. I would suspect that they have / had a bunch in the warehouse at the time of the doors closing. Just a matter of finding the name of the receiver and seeing what what done with the assets. I have started my search. Could take a bit....

The silver lining is I will get the white back lit switches that I want, that came on the newer models. Also I will get white gauges which will be easier to see at night.

gaugeman

Seaman Apprentice

Interesting that all internet traces of Doral are gone. Nothing in Wikipedia (that was there before) as well as their website(s)....curious... I phoned the trustee, but when I was sent to an automated attendant with my lacking French ..ok... non-existent.... I ended up in purgatory.

I sent an email to the trustee... We'll have to wait and see what happens....

PhatboyC

Petty Officer 1st Class

Website works for me. Wonder how long they paid for the web hosting. Its been more than a year since bankruptcy.

gaugeman

Seaman Apprentice

Interesting. It wasn't working for me a few weeks ago but now is. Of course the phone number is 'not assigned' so that has been turned off.

More investigating to be done....

gaugeman

Seaman Apprentice

Finally had a friend contact the receiver. All the assets have been sold. Now I am just trying to get them to tell me to whom...

gaugeman

Seaman Apprentice

well there back maybe Centre Nautique Poliseno | Doral concessionnaire ? POINTE-AUX-ANGLAIS, QC J0N 1E0 selling new 2013 dorals. There it was 2013 prestancia on the rideau canal last weekend the owner gave me this site. Haven't called yet ??

I just called the link given.

Yes Doral is back in business. The owner of the Marina in the link is the new owner of Doral. They have just started up and parts will not be available for at least another month.

So, good news!

Last edited:

goose25

Seaman Apprentice

ya called as well all looks up again hopefully

bannister

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Good news indeed.........
So happy Doral didn't end up to Brunswick group......

Status
Not open for further replies.