Don't JUMP!!

Simpleton52

Recruit
17' Lund w/ 50 hp motor, daughter driving, son in the bow, me in the stern seat, wide open and planed up perfect. Probably 35-40 mph.

I get a wild hair crossways, and just jump off the stern. Went for a cannonball, knees tucked up...hit the water butt first.

Got a Pelican Lake enema. I don't recommend it.

_chris_

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Don't JUMP!!

I've always thought about doing that, then I wake up and realize it would hurt and don't.;) Thanks for testing it for me.

Home Cookin'

Fleet Admiral

I would be concerned whether my children would come back for me, or if so, when. Have you been nice to them?

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

Yep, thanks for testing that one out for us all !!!

204 Escape

Ensign

About 35 years ago, I dove off the back of my boat into the water while underway. Water hurt like all sin on my belly !!!!!! I don't recommend this at all !!!!!!!!!!!

j_martin

Admiral

Now you know why race drivers wear impervious pants. Imagine that at about 110.

rjlipscomb

Chief Petty Officer

These are the things we do and remember well into our old age. Any chance you get, go for it! Life was meant for living on the edge and making the most of it. Good job. And, thanks for sharing!:)

coolguy147

Commander

These are the things we do and remember well into our old age. Any chance you get, go for it! Life was meant for living on the edge and making the most of it. Good job. And, thanks for sharing!:)

remember to share them lol:eek::D

tomdinwv

Senior Chief Petty Officer

That hurts just thinking about it!!!

Thad

Lieutenant Junior Grade

I wish you had told me three years ago when I did it.:eek:

Or, I guess I could have told you...DON'T DO IT:confused:

Boy, I had forgot all about that until I read this one...my head is starting to hurt again.

Home Cookin'

Fleet Admiral

I was cured of the urge to jump out of moving boats when I was a teenager, and tried relatively high-speed water skiing--on the slalom, out on a whip turn and slipped--I felt like I was rolling across asphalt. Painful. Glad that channel marker stopped me from rolling.

OK I made up the channel marker part but after 35 years don't we get to add stuff to our stories?

Also, sand isn't all that soft when you jump off a moving vehicle. Don't ask me how I know. Just trust me on this one.

drrpm

Senior Chief Petty Officer

I used to do that in college (about 25 years ago). We called it the kamikase. It's more fun and less painful if you keep the speed below 30 mph.

Ripfence

Petty Officer 1st Class

Oh yeah, I know that feeling.

I received and even more painful lesson when I fell while skiing way to fast. I was young and inexperienced and forgot to do two things, let go of the rope and close my eyes.

When I hit the water it felt like I was bouncing on concrete and my eyes felt like they'd be ripped out of my head. I'd closed them after I'd received my lake water ocular lavage and I was afraid to open them back up because I was sure they'd be washed out of their sockets... They weren't but if they had it couldn't have hurt any worse.

Oh, I also lost my styling "Sundeck" trunks but that was the least of my worries at the time.

45Auto

Commander

When my son and a couple of his friends were in high school, they wanted to play "Navy Seal" and jump out of the boat running about 40 MPH. No problem with me, and after they did it they never asked to do it again!

One of them did go on to become a Seal. Wonder if he learned anything jumping out of my boat? :)

floatingwoody2006

Chief Petty Officer

17' Lund w/ 50 hp motor, daughter driving, son in the bow, me in the stern seat, wide open and planed up perfect. Probably 35-40 mph.

I get a wild hair crossways, and just jump off the stern. Went for a cannonball, knees tucked up...hit the water butt first.

Got a Pelican Lake enema. I don't recommend it.

So..It took care of "the other problem" as well eh?

26aftcab454

Lieutenant Commander

we used to do it in high school with no ill effects. we would run about 40mph and jump stright into the prop wash tucked forward then we hit the water would pop straight up out of the water.
also used to try and be cool skiing by landing at the crowded sanbar with out geting feet wet--- i made it to ankle deep and stepped out of the ski and run a few steps but my buddy landed 15-20ft up the sand!
yet somehow we survived!

Numlaar

Chief Petty Officer

we used to do it in high school with no ill effects. we would run about 40mph and jump stright into the prop wash tucked forward then we hit the water would pop straight up out of the water.
also used to try and be cool skiing by landing at the crowded sanbar with out geting feet wet--- i made it to ankle deep and stepped out of the ski and run a few steps but my buddy landed 15-20ft up the sand!
yet somehow we survived!

I did the same thing.... I was trying to "show off" to my non-boating friends who I dragged out to the spoil islands one day... Had my buddy get me up on ski's and had him do a "crack the whip" type turn so I could snap across the wake to really get some speed up and sling me towards the beach... (plan was to "coast" up to the beach)... He was going 45ish in the boat, and well I was probably doing 50+ MPH at the whipping part from the snap, and hit the beach a lot sooner than expected... skis stopped dead in the sand, and I went flying fast first into the beach... hit my face on a rock, and Lacerated the hell out of my chin... took 6 stitches, and I still have the rather large scar from it. Hehe needless to say I never did THAT again!

wvmedic

Chief Petty Officer

Now that there is funny, I don?t care who you are!!!

But (no pun intended) I?m glad you didn?t get hurt to bad.

Jeff.