Don't JUMP!!

Tubingluvr

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Don't JUMP!!

It hurts enough wiping out on a tube, can't imagine jumping off the boat.
Ouch....the thought has never even crossed my mind.

MrBigStuff

Chief Petty Officer

When I was a kid, we worked on perfecting that skiing dismount where you would glide smoothly up to the beach and hop effortlessly out of the bindings to the cheers from the lovely girl spectators.

After having successfully completed this manuever a number of times, I was getting cocky about it and misjudged the speed and trajectory....I caught the dock about mid-shin going fast enough to separate me from the skis, skid belly down across the dock and then plop into the beach area water on the other side. Thankfully, my bones were still green then and I suffered mainly from embarrassment and some seriously bruised shins.

This_lil_fishy

Master Chief Petty Officer

When I was a kid, we worked on perfecting that skiing dismount where you would glide smoothly up to the beach and hop effortlessly out of the bindings to the cheers from the lovely girl spectators.

After having successfully completed this manuever a number of times, I was getting cocky about it and misjudged the speed and trajectory....I caught the dock about mid-shin going fast enough to separate me from the skis, skid belly down across the dock and then plop into the beach area water on the other side. Thankfully, my bones were still green then and I suffered mainly from embarrassment and some seriously bruised shins.

Having taken the ol' trailer hitch to the shin a few times I couldn't even imagine the pain! WOW!

Ian