Danica Patrick

D

DJ

I'm surprised nobody has commented on this.<br /><br />The first female to actually be competitive in the Indy 500.<br /><br />With all her mistakes, stalling in the pits, spinning out, etc., she was still competitive. What a "fire cracker" she is.

QC

Supreme Mariner
Re: Danica Patrick

Mark my words, she'll start a NASCAR Cup race some day. Could be the one to finally break through.

D

DJ

Quietcat,<br /><br />I here you, however, I think NASCAR will be a MUCH harder venue to break into.<br /><br />The "good ole boy" syndrome is alive and well there.

QC

Supreme Mariner

DJ,<br /><br />Yeah, but sponsors make the real decisions. Somebody will find an angle. They tried with Shawna Robinson and Tropicana Orange Juice, but she definitely didn't have the equipment. Crew chief had a hard time with her crying when she was telling him what was wrong with the car too . . .<br /><br />Don't anybody throw anything, the crying part is true. :D

RPJS

Lieutenant Commander

I read about this girl in a UK paper today, very impressed starting 4th in the Indi 500.<br /><br />I bet an F1 team takes her on, just think of the advertising they will sell on her car as the first woman to drive F1.

D

DJ

QC,<br /><br />Personally, I hope so.<br /><br />NASCAR, IMHO, is far to rigid (rules, etc.). It's like watching a "government/PC race" for Pete's sake.<br /><br />I say, forget the restrictor plates and "let em' drive".<br /><br />I also think going back to "REAL" stock cars would be awesome.

D

DJ

RPJS,<br /><br />She actually led the race for something like fifteen laps, on two different occasions.<br /><br />She finished fourth overall. Good show, on her part.

RPJS

Lieutenant Commander

DJ<br /><br />Thanks for putting me right.<br /><br />I'm even more impressed now.

D

DJ

RPJS,<br /><br />You can rejoice in that a Brit. won the race. :)

QC

Supreme Mariner

DJ,<br /><br />Agree on the plates. Stupid, stupid, stupid!!

RPJS

Lieutenant Commander

originaly posted by DJ<br /> You can rejoice in that a Brit. won the race. <br />
First the Indy 500 next "THE WORLD" :D :D :D :D

Link

Rear Admiral

I thought I was pretty much alone on my ideas about this. Guess not<br /><br />I saw a quick clip on her some where. But I dont follow Boxing or Car racing, both are too PC for me.<br />IE: In boxing when one person is knocked out or quits the match is over. I could care less about who threw the most punches..<br />Same on car racing.. let the best team win.<br />I know there must be some good reasons for all the rules and regulations but to me it just takes a lot out of the "Viewing" part. <br />At least with cars you still have to be the first over the finish line. For now anyway. :D

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

I was gonna post something like "only a woman would crash under a yellow flag condition, and take out the man behind her" but that wouldnt be too PC. :D <br /><br />She did great for a rookie. We'll see if she can back it up in the next race. I wish her all the best, Indy needs some PR boost.<br /><br />Yall must not have been watching the NASCAR race this sunday, there was plenty of non-PC stuff going on.<br /><br />Ken

wilkin250r

Chief Petty Officer

Originally posted by KenImpZoom:<br />She did great for a rookie.
Unless you want to chalk it up to luck, I'd say 4th place is good even for a seasoned pro!

KaGee

Admiral

Originally posted by KenImpZoom:<br /> I was gonna post something like "only a woman would crash under a yellow flag condition, and take out the man behind her" but that wouldnt be too PC. :D <br />Ken
Ha ha! :D <br /><br />In reality, watching the replay she was victim of games being played ahead of her. She got checked-up. Rookie error for not being aware of the possibility, mental error also on her team for not coaching her of the trick.<br /><br />FYI... Roger Penske has a woman phenom driver driver in training out in Busch West or someplace out there. I forget her name. If all goes well, look for her in the Busch Series for a race or two next year.

BoatBuoy

Rear Admiral

Originally posted by DJ:<br /> <br />I say, forget the restrictor plates and "let em' drive".<br /><br />
I agree. Also, the pansies quit when a few raindrops fall. They ought to race, rain or shine, like F1 does. The track wetness is the same for everyone.