D/c to c/c ???????????

jarrpal001

Petty Officer 2nd Class
i was wondering what is all i need to convert my dual console to a center console. ive read skanky beasts webpage and i am very interested in the doing the same but he didnt go into all the details. As some of you already know i am restoring my trihull but was considering about making it a center console. yes, i know. it would be better for me to spend my money on a center console boat and not worry about the headaches but ive already invested in this boat. i cant just dump it and find another. that would be really be a waste of money. do i have to change my steering cables, where do i position the center console, do i have to change how the stringers are set up, if i remove the ft seat and dual consoles where am i supposed to place the (bulkhead?),etc.
any help would be appreciated. if someone has already done it please send me a link so i can read it.
thanksDSCN6813.jpg

alligatorgars

Seaman Apprentice
Re: Trihull Dual console to center console conversion

With the prices of new hulls I think you have some wiggle room to make a fine cc. Weight placement is key for success. Post a bunch of pictures of your hull exterior, interior and your plan of attack. Built in fuel cell, small cc, leaning post only, self bailing cockpit. I rough sketched out my floor plan in paint brush just to get an idea of what I was dealing with. Sketchs help for planning. Check this out just saw it this am. http://www.thehulltruth.com/parts-forum/385363-new-leaning-post.html

Attachments

• boat materials.bmp
    66.3 KB · Views: 0

jarrpal001

Petty Officer 2nd Class

With the prices of new hulls I think you have some wiggle room to make a fine cc. Weight placement is key for success. Post a bunch of pictures of your hull exterior, interior and your plan of attack. Built in fuel cell, small cc, leaning post only, self bailing cockpit. I rough sketched out my floor plan in paint brush just to get an idea of what I was dealing with. Sketchs help for planning. Check this out just saw it this am. http://www.thehulltruth.com/parts-forum/385363-new-leaning-post.html
for some reason i cant open the attch

jarrpal001

Petty Officer 2nd Class

weight placement is one of my questions. on your drawing the red lines must be your center console. am i right?
how do i figure out where mine should be?

oops!

Supreme Mariner

its your boat, you can do anything you want to it.

jasons skanky beast......is a fantastic tutorial, however it was edited to the highlights for the completed projects forum.

read the link in my sig for any details you want, it should fill in the gaps for what ever you need.