Current Ebay Outboard scam active NOW in UK- UK buyers take note!

Nos4r2

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Current Ebay Outboard scam active NOW in UK- UK buyers take note!

Damn. I didn't send this guy an email warning because I thought he was part of the scam because of the new user ID. :(

wildbill59

Petty Officer 1st Class

Watch for a relist unless ebay gets on the stick and pulls this scammer. His bank has put a hold on his account,HeHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE<br /><br />To: "Aleksandras Kucinskas" <ebay_sel1@hotmail.com><br />Subject: RE: I will be sending payment of £3,333.00 shortly for eBay item #4568200529, 200 hp Mercury Twin Outboard Boat Motors <br /><br /><br />Dear Sir, I've just arrived home from an extended vacation and in reviewing my email account I noticed correspondence from you concerning some requests for payment for EBay auction items. I can assure you that I did not bid on these items and suspect my EBay account and email were somehow compromised during my absence. I'll be reporting this intrusion to EBay shortly and expect that you refrain from continuing to send demanding emails to me. If you have any further problems may I suggest you contact EBay to report problems. Thank You At 10:36 PM 8/13/2005, you wrote:<br /><br />Hi,<br />give me your phone n please and i'll call you<br />Best Regards, Alex<br /><br /><br />From: Bill Landgraf <bpms@charter.net><br />To: "Aleksandras Kucinskas" <ebay_sel1@hotmail.com><br />Subject: RE: I will be sending payment of £3,333.00 shortly for eBay item #4568200529, 200 hp Mercury Twin Outboard Boat Motors<br />Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2005 21:18:48 -0500<br /><br />Hello, your bank account has a hold on it when I try to deposit funds. Please send me a contact name at your bank and phone number they can be reached and I'll facilitate delivery of funds. I'll be going on holiday soon so if you provide info I'll get it squared away.<br /><br /><br /> At 08:08 AM 8/12/2005, you wrote:<br /><br />Hello, have you ever had a look at my payment instructions? Well, I think I made it quite clear, the item will not be released, until full payment is made, so your agent cannot pick up it till funds have cleared in my account. My banking details:<br />Bank: Woolwich<br />name: Mr. Aleksandras kucinskas<br />sort code: 10-80-02<br />account number: 62882934<br /><br />If payment is not made till Tuesday, item will be relisted. I really hope that you understand me. Thank you.

wildbill59

Petty Officer 1st Class

Anybody care to call his number? Does this llok like a real UK #?<br /><br /><br />User ID: 3454jane<br />Name: Aleksandras Kucinskas<br />Company: <br />City: Obana<br />State: Argyll and Bute<br />Country: United Kingdom<br />Phone: 8715210064<br />Registered Since: Monday, Mar 21, 2005 16:01:34 PST

davemaxi1970

Petty Officer 1st Class

this guy cant even spell his (so called) home town properly obana is oban maybe an italian map?

RPJS

Lieutenant Commander

Thats not a UK phone number.

Nos4r2

Lieutenant Commander

No, but that's a UK sort code. He's banking with the Woolwich building society.

wildbill59

Petty Officer 1st Class

From: GI Customer Services <Customer.Services@woolwich.co.uk><br />To: "'bpms@charter.net'" <bpms@charter.net><br />Subject: RE: Online Customer Complaint <br /><br /><br />Thank you for your recent email. I confirm that this has been forwarded to<br />the relevant Section.<br /><br /><br />Kind regards<br /><br /><br />Customer services.

Nos4r2

Lieutenant Commander

Bingo. That'll make a mess of him!

wildbill59

Petty Officer 1st Class

Here's one of ebays lame responses:<br /><br />To: <bpms@charter.net><br />Subject: Re: CW=C00121 Someone copied text or pictures from another Web site or eBay user [4567101013 #US ?01 ] (KMM13513981V16555L0KM)<br />From: eBay United Kingdom Customer Support <ukrswebhelp@ebay.com> <br /><br /><br />Hello,<br /><br />Thank you for taking the time to write to eBay.<br /><br />I have reviewed the listings you have brought to our attention. I would <br />also like to explain eBay's policy with respect to reports like yours. <br /><br />eBay is not in a position to make judgements about the authenticity or <br />authorised nature of listings, except in the most extreme circumstances.<br />This may mean that we cannot remove the item about which you contacted <br />us, particularly when it is not blatantly clear from the item itself <br />that it is in some way infringing. <br /><br /><br />Although you may be extremely knowledgeable about these types of items, <br />we often cannot remove items upon the representations of third parties <br />whose credentials we cannot verify, unless of course the alleged <br />infringement is obvious on its face. That is why we strongly urge you to<br />notify the rights holder of the suspected infringement and encourage <br />them to join our Verified Rights Owners (VeRO) Programme. This programme<br />enables them to request the ending of allegedly infringing listings.<br /><br /><br />I appreciate your vigilance in helping us to keep inappropriate listings<br />off eBay. If we can be of any further assistance, please let us know.<br /><br /><br />I trust that the above information answers your query to your <br />satisfaction.<br /><br /><br />Kind regards,<br />Joe Chrisite<br />eBay Customer Support

wildbill59

Petty Officer 1st Class

From: "AFA Marine, INC" <admin@smalloutboards.com><br />To: "Bill Landgraf" <bpms@charter.net><br />Subject: Re: Ebay scam and your motors <br /><br /><br />unbeleiveable<br /> <br />I guess they will take action after a class action lawsuite.<br />Save that response we may need it someday<br /><br />Thanks<br />Albert

Nos4r2

Lieutenant Commander

More power to Albert's elbow.

wildbill59

Petty Officer 1st Class

Dear Bill<br />The following is a notice from eBay Trust & Safety regarding: <br /><br />Item Number - 4567101013 <br />Item Title - 200 hp Mercury Twin Outboard Boat Motors<br /><br />Item Number - 4567241701 <br />Item Title - 115 hp Evinrude Outboard Boat Motor<br /><br />Item Number - 4567641425 <br />Item Title - 55hp Johnson Dura Jet Outboard Boat Motor<br /><br /><br />Our records show that you were a bidder on this item. We recently removed this listing and have suspended the seller's trading privileges. Due to privacy concerns we will not be able to share further details related to this seller.<br /><br />Ebay was not real helpful and even went so far as to revoke me for 7 days. That's too bad because I've now got several accounts just like the scammers and will sell trinkets to garner feedbacks and will bid again on their scams

Nos4r2

Lieutenant Commander

The scammer's back. He's just left feedback for another blatantly hacked account- tooeaglesgaragesale.<br /><br />He's STILL using descriptions stolen from smalloutboards.com.

QC

Supreme Mariner

Let's get him. ;) Where's wildbill when we need him?

wildbill59

Petty Officer 1st Class

This is on ebays site:<br /><br />That is what the User Agreement each and every eBay member agreed to says about bidding.<br /><br />Sometimes you may see a listing that you believe is not right for one reason or another. You may feel that you need to do something to protect other members. If that is the case, what you need to do is to report the listing to Trust & Safety for someone to investigate. There are forms to do that under the "Help" link at the top of the page.<br /><br />What you must not do is to become a vigilante. You must not interfere with the listing itself in any way. Do not bid or "BIN" to prevent someone else from buying. Never bid only to be able to request contact information. Never email a bidder or buyer on another member's listing.<br /><br />Even though your intentions may be honorable, you are operating in a vacuum and do not have all the facts available to you. The only appropriate action to take is to make a full and complete report to Trust & Safety about your concerns. To do otherwise is to commit Auction Interference and may result in the loss of your own eBay membership.<br /><br /> Screw em!<br />Ready to go with my extra accounts.<br />bigbobber and others

wildbill59

Petty Officer 1st Class

I'll see what can be done

Nos4r2

Lieutenant Commander

It's been pulled. Keep an eye on all the 'feedback left' by the hacked accounts. More is being left for more hacked accounts and it looks like there's another one on its way.

wildbill59

Petty Officer 1st Class

Restricts to UK bidders only. Go for it Nos