Current Ebay Outboard scam active NOW in UK- UK buyers take note!

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Current Ebay Outboard scam active NOW in UK- UK buyers take note!

Man that Bigboober59 sure likes outboards. :D

Nos4r2

Lieutenant Commander

hey bigboober you've been outbid by someone!

Nos4r2

Lieutenant Commander

Originally posted by NoelMG:<br /> He has 2 feedbacks, both of the the feedbacks also have 2 feedbacks, from the same 2 people.<br />3 accounts to give each 2 + feedbacks.<br /><br />3 accounts that ebay needs to shut down.
No, there's actually about 6 accounts that ebay needs to shut down. Look a bit harder and you'll see that there's expensive cars with badly photoshopped numberplates in there too-and they are all dealing with each other. This guy is one of the 'phishers' thats got hold of several high feedback account passwords too. He's trying to up the feedback on 2 or 3 accounts with high value items so he can pull a really big scam off... <br /> :D :D :D :D Wonder if he'll manage it?<br /> ;) :D :D :D

QC

Supreme Mariner

Originally posted by Nos4r2:<br /> hey bigboober you've been outbid by someone!
That guy is one I sent a warning to . . . :confused: Part of the scam? Or just stupid?

Nos4r2

Lieutenant Commander

I sent him a warning too- I think either they are playing or they may be a part of the scam. Read my last post.(edit)It LOOKS like he's playing with the scammer too unless his account has been hacked VERY recently. He's not bought anything boat related in the last 3 months though-and the feedback he's left is consistent all the way through. Hard to work out, but I'm 95% sure if he HAS been hacked then its the 1st time the scammer's used this account.<br /><br />Here's a list of the ebay ID's that I think are either hacked or are set up by the scammer.<br />3454jane (the scammer)<br />leighm3261 (also the scammer)<br />The ones below I'm 95% certain are hacked.<br />Sukhyrai<br />jjcgw<br />rmwflower<br />itsfun2buyonline<br />bencolbeck<br />POSSIBLY jambograz -just because it's the 2nd car with a personalised plate that doesnt look real...

Nos4r2

Lieutenant Commander

Same text too- just the Ebay listing doesn't have all of it. I see the guy at AFA marine has responded to the scam by sticking his web address across the pics. Good man.That wasn't there before me and ollyit from ribnet emailed him.<br /><br />Y'know, I wouldn't mind one of those durajet 55's myself...wonder how much shipping to the UK would be or if AFA marine would ship them? They are awful cheap compared to what we pay here...around half the price of the equivalent motor.

wildbill59

Petty Officer 1st Class

Look close at sme of the pics. didn't know they had so many US model cars in the UK. It was kinda funny, here I had the motor I'd bought on EBay and there up for sale was the same motor, different seller,same pics.

Nos4r2

Lieutenant Commander

From the 60hp-"If You have a bidding for this motor,<br />You are a right mariner."<br /><br />Hey wildbill-you're a right mariner! :p <br /><br />By the way, Outboards are around twice the price in the UK to the US so bid £ for $ and you're thinking realistic UK prices.

wildbill59

Petty Officer 1st Class

nobody can outbid me. gosh how I like to play with money I didn't earn. Now I know how Kerry and Bush feel

Nos4r2

Lieutenant Commander

Yeah I know-but Ebay UK has a bid ceiling. You'll get looked at by ebay and they might remove your bids if you try to go above it too many times.<br /><br />By the way, have you decided what feedback to leave the scammer yet? :D <br /><br />Can I make a suggestion via the PM system on Rib.net? :) <br /><br />(edit) you have a private message on Rib.net...

wildbill59

Petty Officer 1st Class

Haven't been able to post feedback for these guys, ebay always pulls the seller off. Maybe this time I'll get lucky. Young minds look at these posts for me to dilvulge specifics on feedback responses.

Nos4r2

Lieutenant Commander

I don't think they are going to remove this one. It's not blatant enough for the ebay UK admin to realise its happening. Ebay UK admin are more stupid than I'd ever thought possible.I've PM'd you a good suggestion that should make a big mess of his whole scam.

wildbill59

Petty Officer 1st Class

Anybody that bids above me is either stupid and deserves everything they got into or the bidder name has been hijacked. EBay only cares about THEIR money. Go ahead on the rib.net

Nos4r2

Lieutenant Commander

Done- I can't actually post suggestions on the forum though-I've sent most of the bidders to that thread and one or more may be the scammer. Don't want to give the game away.

RPJS

Lieutenant Commander

The warning lights MUST be flashing with Ebay admin, take a look at the number of times these auctions have been viewed, I've sold a couple of outboards by auction and only had 30/40 views.

Nos4r2

Lieutenant Commander

No, that's normal. Last outboard I sold on there hit nearly 900 views-and the engines he's trying to scam people on are hard to get hold of so there'll be a lot of people looking. Besides, ebay UK admin are so stupid I'm surprised they can breathe. I suspect they've 'investigated' it and decided that as the outboards are listed as new items and the seller has positive feedback then it can't be a scam.

Nos4r2

Lieutenant Commander

The scammer has cancelled wildbill's bids... this guy is clever. Anyone else fancy a play?

one more cast

Captain

One time I was looking at a motorcycle auction that didn't look just right so I emailed the person and told them I had a friend in that area and I was going to send the friend over to inspect it. Man, I got all kinds of lame excuses.

Nos4r2

Lieutenant Commander

This guy isn't even responding to emails-I've met a couple of the bidders on it personally when I've bought from them. The wierd thing is, it's only the guys I've actually met that have responded to my email warnings-I've sent 22 warnings out so far. These suckers must WANT to be ripped off. It's actually quite frustrating watching this going on.