Current Ebay Outboard scam active NOW in UK- UK buyers take note!

Nos4r2

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Current Ebay Outboard scam active NOW in UK- UK buyers take note!

Bumping this up so more people will see it.

Nos4r2

Lieutenant Commander

Bumping again-will carry on til the auctions end.<br /><br />The guy in question is using descriptions and photos lifted straight from AFA maire in florida's website at www.smalloutboards.com

stan_deezy

Lieutenant Commander

Thanks Nos: I did what you asked on the "other" forum........<br /><br />Just hope people take note: this guy is going to make a small fortune if ebay doesn't stop him!

Nos4r2

Lieutenant Commander

Cheers mate. I hate these scum... If enough of us report him then they might stop his scam.

one more cast

Captain

Ebay shut me down a couple of weeks ago because someone tapped into my account so they are actually trying to get a handle on this problem.I forward anything that looks suspicious to spoof@ebay.com

Nos4r2

Lieutenant Commander

shame they don't seem to be taking any notice of this one though-the scam is still going on. Ebay UK are worse than useless.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Originally posted by One More Cast:<br /> Ebay shut me down a couple of weeks ago because someone tapped into my account so they are actually trying to get a handle on this problem.I forward anything that looks suspicious to spoof@ebay.com
Hey OMC, I sent them that page so they could take a look and they sent me an email saying my email never made it cause it was the wrong kind of email to send to spoof@ebay.com<br />Guess you gots to use other means for this type of stuff.

QC

Supreme Mariner

Yeah, there is a place in Ebay that you can report suspicious auctions. The spoof deal is for email sent to you asking for account details and they look like they have been sent by Ebay or PayPal. Here's the link for suspicious deals.<br /> Report Fraud Thing <br /><br />The other thing you can do is to "contact member" of those bidding. I saved a lady last week who was bidding on a camera that didn't work (very tiny note in huge description). It was great to watch that auction die a quick death. :D <br /><br />Nos, I'll e-mail a couple of the higher bidders if you'll take a few. I'll get the bottom two from your link . . .<br /><br />Here's the note I sent to the high bidder on one of them.<br /><br />The Outboard you are bidding on is a SCAM. Get out quick!!! Here is a link to a discussion about that seller . . .<br /><br /> http://www.rib.net/forum/showthread.php?t=10873 <br /><br />Edit - Nos, I already got them all . . . it was really quick with the note I pasted above. I just pasted to the higher bidders and pointed them to your RibNet discussion. ;)

Nos4r2

Lieutenant Commander

Nice one-thanks mate.I hate watching people get ripped off! Only 2 of them have responded to any of my emails yet-and they are ones I've dealt with before.I'm thinking it might be the scammer bidding on his own stuff using hacked accounts to 'up' his feedback for high value items...

QC

Supreme Mariner

Originally posted by Nos4r2:<br /> I'm thinking it might be the scammer bidding on his own stuff using hacked accounts to 'up' his feedback for high value items...
Yeah, I am worried a little that my inbox is gonna start really fillin' up. We'll see. The last one (with the camera) it was real fun to watch the fireworks fly as the seller posted the questions from the bidder after I sent the note. Pretty cool.

ndemge

Commander

He has 2 feedbacks, both of the the feedbacks also have 2 feedbacks, from the same 2 people.<br />3 accounts to give each 2 + feedbacks.<br /><br />3 accounts that ebay needs to shut down.

QC

Supreme Mariner

Just got this from one of the bidders:<br /> <br />Question from kgoodall1981 <br />"Thanks for the warning, much appreciated."<br /><br />Great!!

eeboater

Commander

I'm confused!!!! What is wrong with the items?<br /><br />I can't find it.<br /><br />Sean

QC

Supreme Mariner

Sean,<br /><br />The seller doesn't own them. They are in FL. Read throguth the posts on Nos Rib site. Scroll down from the original link.

RPJS

Lieutenant Commander

I've been watching this on the side.<br />A strange thing has just happened, a new bidder from the US has just placed the highest bids on all of this guys auctions.<br /><br />Just who is Bigboober59?????

wildbill59

Petty Officer 1st Class

I bids on all dem items dey have for sale. Let me have some fun, i've done did this before. the motor I really won on Ebay reappeared a week later by some spoofer. Please don't up my bids

wildbill59

Petty Officer 1st Class

Funny how some of the pics from the UK have all US cars in the backround.

QC

Supreme Mariner

Originally posted by wildbill59:<br /> I bids on all dem items dey have for sale. Let me have some fun, i've done did this before. the motor I really won on Ebay reappeared a week later by some spoofer. Please don't up my bids
Oh, I like you. My kinda dude. Go get 'em WildBill!!!! :D

RPJS

Lieutenant Commander

Keep us posted on how POed this guy gets with you wildbill :D :D :D