Crashed

Solittle

Fleet Admiral
Re: Crashed

Most every year a B-17 and a B-24 make a circuit and pass through south Florida. You can get a ride in one if you have a mind to and $450.00 for a 45 minute flight. I have been tempted but have not yielded yet.<br /><br />Lots of info on these and other combat WW-2 aircraft here:<br /><br /> http://www.armyairforces.com/forum/ <br /><br />One of my friends is an 83 year old fighter pilot who flew in the Th Air Force over Europe in WW-2. He flew P-38s & P-51s mostly over France. He flew on D Day over the Normandy Beaches. After the war he became an air line pilot for Pan Am and flew DC-4s through the 747s. He still flies but now it is in a Cessna 172. I flew with him about a year ago. I have been captivated by his stories of the war.

Stumpknocker

Senior Chief Petty Officer

SoLittle that is a very nice site. Thanks for the link. Got it marked!

Stumpknocker

Does your friend ever get interviewed by the press ref these events he went through?

Jack Shellac

Lieutenant Commander

The History Channel has done some really good shows on this bomber. A particularly good one is the one about ball turret gunners - a really scary job. I remember them as a kid, flying in and out of the local AFB during WW2.

Stumpknocker

I probably have watched it before. I have one of the videos they did on the B17. I have seen the films, seen a single up there.... but to have actually seen and heard multiple 17's in flight during the war must be incredible. I wish there were some way to tap into someones brain and retrieve those films.... volunteers anyone?