Control Tower to Pilot.......

sangerwaker

Commander
Had to pass this along For my friends that travel, this is too funny.you may have seen this before, but enjoy encore.<br /><br />The following are accounts of actual exchanges between airline pilots and control towers around the world. Remember that the conversations are heard by al pilots on that frequency in that area.<br /><br />====================================================<br /><br />Tower: "Delta 351, you have traffic at 10 o'clock, 6 miles!"<br /><br />Delta 351: "Give us another hint! We have digital watches!"<br /><br />============================================================<br /><br />"TWA 2341, for noise abatement turn right 45 Degrees."<br /><br />"Centre, we are at 35,000 feet. How much noise can we make up here?"<br /><br />"Sir, have you ever heard the noise a 747 makes when it hits a 727?"<br /><br />============================================================<br />============================================================<br /><br />A student became lost during a solo cross-country flight.<br /><br />While attempting to locate the aircraft on radar, ATC asked, "What was your last known position?"<br /><br />Student: "When I was number one for takeoff."<br /><br />============================================================<br /><br />A DC-10 had come in a little hot and thus had an exceedingly long roll out after touching down.<br /><br />San Jose Tower Noted: "American 751, make a hard right turn at the end of the runway, if you are able.<br /><br />If you are not able, take the Guadeloupe exit off Highway 101, make a right at the lights and return to the airport."<br /><br />============================================================<br /><br />There's a story about the military pilot calling for a priority landing because his single-engine jet fighter was running "a bit peaked."<br /><br />Air Traffic Control told the fighter jock that he was number two, behind a B-52 that had one engine shut down.<br /><br />"Ah," the fighter pilot remarked, "The dreaded seven-engine approach."<br /><br />============================================================<br /><br />Taxiing down the tarmac, a DC-10 abruptly stopped, turned around and returned to the gate. After an hour-long wait, it finally took off.<br /><br />A concerned passenger asked the flight attendant, "What, exactly, was the problem?"<br /><br />"The pilot was bothered by a noise he heard in the engine," explained the flight attendant. "It took us a while to find a new pilot."<br /><br />============================================================<br /><br />A Pan Am 727 flight waiting for start clearance in Munich overheard the following: Lufthansa (in German): "Ground, what is our start clearance time?"<br /><br />Ground (in English): "If you want an answer you must speak in English."<br /><br />Lufthansa (in English): "I am a German, flying a German airplane, in Germany. Why must I speak English?"<br /><br />Unknown voice from another plane (in a beautiful British accent):<br /><br />"Because you lost the bloody war."<br /><br />============================================================<br /><br />Tower: "Eastern 702, cleared for takeoff, contact Departure on frequency 124.7"<br /><br />Eastern 702: "Tower, Eastern 702 switching to Departure. By the way, after we lifted off we saw some kind of dead animal on the far end of the runway."<br /><br />Tower: "Continental 635, cleared for takeoff behind Eastern 702, contact Departure on frequency 124.7. Did you copy that report from Eastern 702?"<br /><br />Continental 635: "Continental 635, cleared for takeoff, roger; and yes, we copied Eastern... we've already notified our caterers."<br /><br />=========================================================<br /><br />One day the pilot of a Cherokee 180 was told by the tower to hold short of the active runway while a DC-8 landed. The DC-8 landed, rolled out, turned around, and taxied back past the Cherokee.<br /><br />Some quick-witted comedian in the DC-8 crew got on the radio and said, "What a cute little plane. Did you make it all by yourself?"<br /><br />The Cherokee pilot, not about to let the insult go by, came back with a real zinger: "I made it out of DC-8 parts. Another landing like yours and I'll have enough parts for another one."<br /><br />============================================================<br /><br />The German air controllers at Frankfurt Airport are renowned as a short-tempered lot. They not only expect one to know one's gate parking location, but how to get there without any assistance from them.<br /><br />So it was with some amusement that we (a Pan Am 747) listened to the following exchange between Frankfurt ground control and a British Airways 747, call sign Speedbird 206.<br /><br />Speedbird 206: "Frankfurt, Speedbird 206 clear of active runway."<br /><br />Ground: "Speedbird 206. Taxi to gate Alpha One-Seven."<br /><br />The PA 747 pulled onto the main taxiway and slowed to a stop.<br /><br />Ground: "Speedbird, do you not know where you are going?"<br /><br />Speedbird 206: "Stand by, Ground, I'm looking up our gate location now."<br /><br />Ground (with quite arrogant impatience): "Speedbird 206, have you not been to Frankfurt before?"<br /><br />Speedbird 206 (coolly): "Yes, twice in 1944, but it was dark, -- And I didn't land."<br /><br />============================================================<br /><br /> <br /><br />While taxiing at London's Gatwick Airport, the crew of a US Air flight departing for Ft. Lauderdale made a wrong turn and came nose to nose with a United 727.<br /><br />An irate female ground controller lashed out at the US Air crew, screaming: "US Air 2771, where the hell are you going?! I told you to turn right onto Charlie taxiway! You turned right on Delta! Stop right there. I know it's difficult for you to tell the difference between C and D, but get it right!"<br /><br />Continuing her rage to the embarrassed crew, she was now shouting hysterically: "God! Now you've screwed everything up! It'll take forever to sort this out! You stay right there and don't move till I tell you to! You can expect progressive taxi instructions in about half an hour, and I want you to go exactly where I tell you, when I tell you, and how I tell you!<br /><br />You got that, US Air 2771?"<br /><br />"Yes, ma'am," the humbled crew responded.<br /><br />Naturally, the ground control communications frequency fell terribly silent after the verbal bashing of US Air 2771. Nobody wanted to chance engaging the irate ground controller in her current state of mind. Tension in every cockpit out around Gatwick was definitely running high.<br /><br />Just then an unknown pilot broke the silence and keyed his microphone, asking: "Wasn't I married to you once?"

KennyKenCan

Commander
Re: Control Tower to Pilot.......

Makes me even more determined to never fly again!

NYMINUTE

Captain

Thanks I'm flying to Floriduh in 2 weeks. Glad to know pilots and tower personnel have a sense of humor. Then we can all laugh after we hit the ground! :rolleyes:

kd6nem

Chief Petty Officer

Thanks, I needed a good laugh tonight! :D

Homerr

Commander

ROFLMAO!! HAHAH!!<br /><br />By the way, I think the frequency the pilots use to chat to each other is 123.4567<br /><br />I listen to my scanner from time to time as well as Internet scanners. I read somewhere that the frequency 123.4567 isn't suppose to be used, but they do anyway between aircraft.<br /><br />Dunno if this is true. Perhaps someone can confirm?<br /><br />H.

Triton II

Commander

Folklore story from my Dad.<br /><br />Heard over the RT on a Royal Navy carrier from a Sea Venom fighter being catapulted. Just as he left the deck the (only) engine quit...<br /><br /><br />"Cancel two late lunches!"

Peter J Fraser

Chief Petty Officer

Speedbird is actually the call sign for Concorde Aircraft.<br />But I enjoyed them all anyway.<br />I have held a pilot's license for over 30 years and there have been a few strange things overheard.<br />Peter

62_Kiwi

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Great Stuff! :D :D

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

:D :D :D :D <br /><br />On an American Airlines flight a few years ago, we were waiting in line for the runway during a weather delay. Other airlines' planes were taking off but we were delayed for some reason or another. After nearly an hour the guy across the aisle from me was getting irrate. He was almost shouting at the flight attendant, "When is this @##!!* plane going to take off?"<br /><br />She very calmly explained "when it goes very, very fast."

Twidget

Commander

Then we can all laugh after we hit the ground! [Roll Eyes]
NY, after those stories, you might want to use another term than 'hit the ground'. :eek: :D

Triton II

Commander

Many moons ago I was a baby pilot flying Hawker Hunters at RAF Brawdy in S-W Wales, UK. It was great doing weapons training in the Hunter... they were all older than I was, but still a respectably fast old thing and certainly much faster than the Hawks which have replaced it (that's progress for you). At Brawdy we had an even older fighter than the Hunter... a solitary Gloucester Meteor with twin jet engines which made a fabulous moaning sound when they were throttled back. The guy who used to fly the Meteor (called Winston, after Winston Churchill) was an ancient and highly respected Flight Lieutenant called "Puddy" Catt. Puddy had a handlebar moustache and used to fly Winston early each morning, checking out the weather in the various low flying areas for the benefit of us students.<br />One particularly horrible morning, the weather had clamped and we were walking to Met brief fairly sure we'd not be flying that morning. Suddenly, a loud howling was heard and Winston came flashing through the low cloud base doing about 500kts. She moaned really loudly as Puddy throttled back and "broke" (pitched in US terminology) sharply into the traffic pattern, her left wingtip nearly on the deck. Puddy flew a perfect low level circuit and landed right on the numbers... an amazing feat in weather like that.<br />15 minutes later Puddy burst into the briefing room to give us the verdict on the low flying area weather. Before he had a chance to say anything the Base Commander stood up and asked Puddy what the hell he thought he was doing, flying a "run and break" when he should have done a radar controlled approach.<br />Puddy, who was extremely well spoken, said in his rich English accent. "Oh Sir... the weather was far too bad for radar!"

orca

Chief Petty Officer

G,day.<br />This exchange seemingly took place at Darwin airport in the late 1950,s between air traffic control and the Pilot of a Qantas constallation.:<br /><br />Control to Qantas pilot. "please state your hight and position"<br />Pilot. "I'm 6'4" and sitting in the front of the plane" :)

Kiwi Phil

Commander

Here's an ancient story for you.<br />Back in 70', 2 colonial grunts (1 Lcpl and 1 Lt)were stretched out on the ground at the side of the Qui Nhon Airstrip, enjoying a smoke.<br />There were a lot of US troops in some semblance of order (some being the operative word!! :D ) waiting for transport.<br />A group of their young Yankee Occifers stolled over to the Colonials, and introduced themselves. <br />The question was asked, :"what are you guys doing here ?".<br />The reply was "for a B170 mate".<br />"@#F!" replied one of the Yanks, "I seen a B52 and that was big, but I never seen a B170"<br />The Yanks returned to their lines, and out came the cameras.<br />15 minutes passed then the Colonials got up and yelled out "here she comes"<br />The Yanks couldn't even raise their camers. Out of the sky fell a machine with 2 massive welded down legs with wheels at the end, and 2 rather large rotary motors, plus the whole plane sort of defide aerodynamics with its large bulging "front".<br />It landed, then open popped a hatch above the cockpit, and a head appeared. Must have been No2 standing on his seat, head outside, looking over the bonnet, to direct No1.<br />Anyway it trundled over to where the colonials were standing (beside their ex US Army 1 tonner, "ex" being the operative word),<br /> and the pilot was quick enough to recognise the situation so sort of revved up the motors a couple of times for effect (some believe they sound better than a herd of Harleys). Then closed down.<br />Then the Hostee (flight crew were called Hostees - not in their company of course) lept out the back door with a handle in his hand, ran round to the front, inserted the handle somewhere and wound like hell, to which the front of the bulging "nose" slowly swung opened.<br />By this time all the Yank platoons had broken lines and were standing around, not sure just what the hell they had just seen, but they were laughing, joking, jumping up and down, some probably close to pe*ing themselves.<br />Then the origonal group of young Yank Occifers approached the 2 colonials, and little was said, they just exchanged broad grims, and all had a cigarette together.<br />What a magnificient day .<br />Cheers<br />Phillip<br /><br />The B170 was the Number for a Bristol Freighter, which was called by the troops who had the pleasure of doing a long haul flight in her a Bristol Frightener, because that is just what it did to you, Frighten the Sh*t out of you.

Triton II

Commander

Only a B170's Mother could love it. Truly ugly aircraft. Almost as ugly as a Blackburn Belvedere. The most frightening thing for B170 crews was flying into a headwind... anything over 50kts and she'd never make it further than the airport fence. Gotta love the Brits!

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Those were great.Thanks fer sharing! :D :D

tcube

Petty Officer 1st Class

Phil,<br /><br />That's about a ugly as they come! <br /> B170

lakelivin

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Thanks, copied it to my 'humor' folder on my hard drive.

D

DJ

How about some "passenger" funnies? Southwest is the best for these.<br /><br />I heard these, over the last few years.<br /><br />"Your seat cushion can be used as a flotation device. Believe it or not, a Boeing 737 is capable of making a water landing-ONCE!<br /><br />"In the event of the loss of cabin pressure, the an oxygen mask will drop from the panel overhead. Place the mask over your face and breath as you normnally would. If you do not breath normally, do your best."<br /><br />"No matter how long you avoid eye contact with that giant coming down the aisle, he is still going to sit right next to you".<br /><br />From a Southwest pilot. "We're about to taxi by the America West Airlines headquarters building. Do us a favor, everybody please sit on the left side of the aircraft. We want them to think we're full."

tcube

Petty Officer 1st Class

Heard on a TWA flight many moons ago, "For those of you who have not been in a car since 1962, this is how to use your seat belt. First . . . ." :p