Conservative or Liberal

woodrat

Ensign
Re: Conservative or Liberal

PW2:<br /><br />A roth IRA or 401k is still the government coaxing/motivating/encouraging us, by way of tax policy, to hand over our savings $ to the wall street scammers. And frankly, after I give 15% to FICA, I don't have a lot left over for IRAs and 401k's are not really available to me, a self employed person.<br /><br />I'm one of those pessimistic types that has always assumed that I wouldn't see a dime of my FICA money back, and that still looks pretty likely for me, at 40 years old still a ways off from retirement age. I figure that FICA $ is just a tax that will buy me nothing in the long run, except maybe my parents will be lucky enough to collect a little and I won't have to support them as much in their retirement. Which of course won't be very plush since they are also self-employed and lost a ton in the crashing stock market a few years back, having been encouraged by tax policy to put their retirement savings there.

txswinner

Banned
Re: Conservative or Liberal

Hey woody, who do you think the thieves in the savings and loan, Enron, and Worldcom supported in recent elections. Yes I lost a ton in Enron also and the thieves are all signed and sworn right wing religious Republicans (check voters registration). Are some Demos crooked Yes!!! But we are labeled liberal bad people so it is ok.