Connect the Dots . .Saddam & UBL

WillyBWright

Fleet Admiral
Re: Connect the Dots . .Saddam & UBL

Kerry twice said something that kinda irked me. 90% of the casualties are US. But the Iraqis are suffering far more casualties than all of the forces combined. The Terrorists are killing troops, but far more civilians are being killed including old women and babies. They make easier targets. They don't shoot back. That's the true proof of the cowardice of terrorism.<br /><br />The car crash reference doesn't hold water. There are tens of millions of cars on the road. A few hundred thousand troops.<br /><br />I don't think there are nearly so many Kerry supporters as there are people that want to see Bush out of a job. Those are the people that are going to show up at the voting booth and throw the pollster's figures off the map.<br /><br />I think many of the staunch GW supporters prove PT Barnum's statement that "you can fool some of the people all of the time".

rogerwa

Commander

If I tell my kids to clean their room and give them escalating consequences and then they just blow me off, what do I do?? If I say, " if you don't clean your room, you won't be able to play with your friends" If and when the friends come over and the room isn't cleaned I have to be prepared to back my statement. <br /><br />Saddam thought we were going to give in. Especially with France and Germany in his back pocket. We had to make good on our word or lose credibility. Just as the UN has lost credibilty.<br /><br />You say there were no WMDs. I say the chapter is not yet closed on that. How long did Saddam have to bury, move, hide what he had. If a bear craps in the woods and 5 years later we try to find the bear crap without success, does that mean the bear never crapped? The logic does not make sense. We know he had them.<br /><br />Saddam had links to alQ and OBL. These have been documented. Do you think for one second that he would not share WMDs with these individuals of these organizations to wreak havoc on us. Saddam is not stupid enough to directly attack us.<br /><br />Iran is a concern. We need to deal with it. I feel they will share WMD's with others who will damage us. That doesn't mean Iraq was a lesser threat.<br /><br />I reject the assertions made that somehow people who support Bush and hispolicies are somehow duped. I reject the Democratic agenda and support the republican agenda on just about every point. Does that mean I 'drank the wine'? Not at all. I grew up in a dem family. My dad was and still is a big union advocate. At the ripe young age of 18 I supported Ronald Reagan and have voted along the Republican lines all along. I have not yet been disappointed. If I had supported Bill Clinton I definitely would have disappointed and would have felt he broke my trust. Lucky for me I don't have to feel that way. The results that the Repubs have yield have met mey expectations. I cannot say that for the dems. Again this is judged on my beliefs, not because I blindly give my faith.<br /><br />We were given a sucker punch on 9/11 and three years later we are still reacting to it. The dems lead you to believe all should be normal now and that the pres should have fixed everything by now. Three years is nothing. We are in remarkable shape from where we coud have been. If Kerry or Clinton were pres right now, I feel strongly that the Taliban would still be in power, we would have been hit again, and Saddam would be thumbing his nose at the world while supplying nasty stuff to nasty people. No proof of this of course, but Clinton gives us reason to believe this. And I have no doubt, Kerry will fall along the same lines if no more damaging.<br /><br />Vote with your beliefs and your conscience. That is your right. That is what I am doing..

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

The United States of America is the greatest place to live on this planet. I like it here. I think I'll keep it. Thanks for the offer anyway, Kerry.

dogsdad

Lieutenant

Oh, WillyBWrong...you just aren't slick enough.<br /><br />YOU referenced the number of soldiers we've lost in Iraq as though that is proof that it is a mistake to be there. I am sure that we agree that losing even one American is a weighty price, but we cannot start wringing our hands when the bills start rolling in. Freedom isn't free. I never said that you were for banning cars---oh, he!!, why am I explaining this? It's obvious to all who can see. My statements make perfect sense, but that logic is in direct conflict with your emotions and that is why you cannot accept the facts. Liberalism is a mental illness.<br /><br />You talk about arguments not holding water. Sir, you are completely out of touch with reality and seem to be blinded by an overpowering desire to see another marxist in the White House.<br /><br />I guess a conclusion I reached for myself years ago is borne out again: you simply cannot reason with the irrational.<br /><br /><br />-dd-

dogsdad

Lieutenant

Oh, and by the way, there are certain members of the marxist coalition known as the democratic party who do indeed want to take Americans' cars away from them (along with their guns and other tools of freedom).<br /><br />You may, or may not go that far WillyBWrong. I wouldn't presume to state what your positions actually are until you post them for all to see.<br /><br /><br />-dd-

Carl B

Recruit

The elitest liberals think they are more intelligent than the rest of us. They somehow think that they could eliminate terrorism by talking to the terrorists and getting them to stop attacking innocents. They have been on the wrong side of history numerous times.

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Originally posted by Carl B:<br /> The elitest liberals think they are more intelligent than the rest of us. They somehow think that they could eliminate terrorism by talking to the terrorists and getting them to stop attacking innocents.
...and rightfully they should think that. They have fooled half the American public with their talk. Why shouldn't it work with the terrrorists??

mtumilty

Cadet

OK PW2 and other non-believers<br />Let's look at the truths about this war (IMHO).<br />1. Saddam is out of power, as he should be. Any leader who had so many UN resolutions out against his government to disarm/comply with inspections should be. Not to mention that the UN was doing nothing about it. (How fast America forgets)<br />2. The Iraqi people are now enjoying freedom and will prosper greatly in the future.(I know, I was there and had much more interaction with locals than most of the media).<br />3. We took the battlefield to the Middle East; I for one would much rather fight there than help clean up a mess somewhere in the US (unless it was a natural disaster).<br />4. "Nation building will not happen over night, any one who tells you they have a plan that will be bringing troops home in 6 months is a straight up LIAR. Look anywhere in history, it takes years and years.<br />5. The media is showing the negative side of things going on over there, I guess it is just their nature. I hear the truth from my friends in emails I receive daily from over there, they tell a different story.<br />6. Nothing is perfect or easy. That is the way it always has been, I doubt any of us will live to see the day that it is. The professionals there and elsewhere are making headway everyday.<br /><br />Now the truth about Kerry's plans:<br />Every plan I have heard him mention about Iraq and the military is already being worked on. He knows this as a senator so WHO IS HE TRYING TO FOOL? IMO it has to be THE AMERICAN PUBLIC.<br />Now we have to ask ourselves why, I guess he wants to be president and will do whatever it takes to do it. BTW, back to the military, we would be so short of troops if it had been for the last democratic president (may God strike me down for merely thinking about him)<br />Well I said my peace; take it for what it is worth.