Cobalt Owners?

alindquist

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Re: Cobalt Owners?

1999 232, around 500 hrs, tons of upgrades, funnest toy I own...
cobalt-destin.jpg

Netboater

Recruit

I own a 2003 Cobalt 226. Bought new, plan on having it for many more years. Over 600 hrs. on it so far. Love the boat! :)

pac city

Seaman

have 78 19ft br, 351,omc, great boat no problems.going up to seattle sat to pic up a 79 19ft cd , no eng,outdrive. going to put newer merc or volvo in it, cant go to wrong, its free but my fuel. post some pics later.

pac city

Seaman

got the 79 br home,started cleanup and evaluation. realy good shape,every thing there and factory tops toboot, now on the hunt for eng and drive. arent prodjects fun.

Nivekt

Chief Petty Officer

got the 79 br home,started cleanup and evaluation. realy good shape,every thing there and factory tops toboot, now on the hunt for eng and drive. arent prodjects fun.

Do you mind posting some pics of both boats?

pac city

Seaman

will post pics as soon as i pull tarp off,. weathers ben great lately . lost power yesterday for half the day and another one tonight,.

pac city

Seaman

finally took some pics, alittle dirty. brown one is the one i just got, blue one has the new eng and drive , redoing int,. the closed bow is the free one i was to use for parts on the bow rider, but its in to good of shape ,. so on the hunt for a eng / drive,. maybe out of the 22ft sea ray iam going to pic up tomarrow,. yea the wife is happy,. will post more as they progress,..

Attachments

• boats and stuff 004.jpg
    boats and stuff 004.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 0
  • boats and stuff 007.jpg
    boats and stuff 007.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 0

ManUnited

Recruit

Hi there, some pics of our 242. Hope to launch it by the end of April.
Will post more and better pics soon.

Attachments

• Cobalt.JPG
    Cobalt.JPG
    84 KB · Views: 0
  • Cobalt_3.JPG
    Cobalt_3.JPG
    90.9 KB · Views: 0

teakabout

Recruit

1975 19ft 351 OMC
ccscottybecky165j

jamsac

Cadet

Got a '78 19CD, Merc 228 and a '89 21CC, Merc 5.7 260hp. Cobalts are fantastic boats.
I've got a couple of pics. One is of the teak swim platform for a previous poster.

And a beautiful '87, 23 Condesa I was looking at buying last year, but shipping from Mich. to west coast was prohibitive.

James

bones774

Petty Officer 1st Class

My pics won't fit, what do i have to do?
Thanks

dsiekman

Senior Chief Petty Officer

I'm on my second Cobalt, a 2000 293 with twin Volvo 5.0's. Great boats! I'm planning to refit my dash this winter as it came with a Garmin 4208 which is a little too big and blocks the oil and temp guages for my starboard engine.

Nivekt

Chief Petty Officer

Got a '78 19CD, Merc 228 and a '89 21CC, Merc 5.7 260hp. Cobalts are fantastic boats.
I've got a couple of pics. One is of the teak swim platform for a previous poster.

Wow! That '78 looks brand new! Did you restore it or was it just maintained immaculately?

MachSchnell

Seaman Apprentice

I was lucky enough to get this 1990 222 5.7 Volvo DP from a friend who retired into a pontoon boat. So, I'm the second owner and it only had 400 hours. We've been working for 8 months getting it into shape and all I can say is that quality components continue to be serviceable long after the lesser products fail. We've been able to make the interior shine nearly like new. Here's a photo of our new girl on her native Lake George:

CobaltToPost.jpg

Nivekt

Chief Petty Officer

I was lucky enough to get this 1990 222 5.7 Volvo DP from a friend who retired into a pontoon boat. So, I'm the second owner and it only had 400 hours. We've been working for 8 months getting it into shape and all I can say is that quality components continue to be serviceable long after the lesser products fail. We've been able to make the interior shine nearly like new. Here's a photo of our new girl on her native Lake George:

CobaltToPost.jpg

Man, that could be a catalog photo! Good stuff. Thanks.

jamsac

Cadet

Wow! That '78 looks brand new! Did you restore it or was it just maintained immaculately?

Had to replace the floor last spring due to rot from living in fresh water. The rest of the boat is all original, right down to the 630 hours on the 305 Chev/Mercruiser 228.
It's a beautiful boat, and for sale. Got a smokin' deal on a '89 21' Classic Cuddy this past spring that is in as good condition.

James

Nivekt

Chief Petty Officer

Had to replace the floor last spring due to rot from living in fresh water. The rest of the boat is all original, right down to the 630 hours on the 305 Chev/Mercruiser 228.
It's a beautiful boat, and for sale. Got a smokin' deal on a '89 21' Classic Cuddy this past spring that is in as good condition.

James

Congrats on the new deal. If I was in the market I'd be on the road to BC, cash in hand, assuming the deal was right of course.:D