clean hull with? primer issue and questions on easypoxy

mccoytr

Petty Officer 1st Class
No Title

Progress! Primer is done and smooth, looks good, just need to scuff.. Will re-tape this afternoon. Wipe in the morning and on to paint.

Attachments

• photo200922.jpg
    photo200922.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
That's the worst primer coat I've ever seen...Start OVER!!!:eek:

Just Kidding!!! Looks GREAT!!!!;)

mccoytr

Petty Officer 1st Class
No Title

Well I started over NOT!! Did manage to get some white on her. Had to spray in garage so got some over spray but that will scuff off. Thinking about 4 good coats then reevaluate. Going to check the dew time tonight. Think it starts around 3 am will check at midnight. If no moisture may spray in the afternoon around 6 or 7. That should be kicked enough to not be bothered by dew. What say yea all?

Here is the 1st coat of white.

Last edited:

mccoytr

Petty Officer 1st Class
Okay got it roughed up today and ready for 2nd coat. I must say it is looking good to me.

Now if I shoot a coat around 430 pm and the dew don't start till after midnight , would it be okay? Temps stay in the high 70's at night and around dark I could put it un garage I got for it. What do you think?

mccoytr

Petty Officer 1st Class
would it be okay to paint in the evening like 3 hours before dark?

mccoytr

Petty Officer 1st Class
would it be okay to paint in the evening like 3 hours before dark?

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
If the Temps are in the 70's and the dew won't hit for at least 2 hours after you stop spraying...Go For it!!!!

mccoytr

Petty Officer 1st Class
When using rustoleum with hardener how long to wait before recoat? I finished spraying around 11:30 am. Temp is 89 feels like 95, dew point is 71. Humidity appears low cause the pine needles are dull. I know not real scientific but works for baking.

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
I'd shoot the next coat around 4:30. It would be GREAT if you could get it into the Direct sunlight from 2:00 to 4:00 pm and then back into the shade to cool down prior to prepping for the next coat.

mccoytr

Petty Officer 1st Class
sunlight is a no issue but shade now thats an issue. Since I paint in the yard. I got a HF garage but dang its hotter in there then in the sunlight. Should I just wait til in the morning to paint. I can scuff tonight.

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
With Temps almost hitting 90° you can easily shoot the next coat this evening. I would!

mccoytr

Petty Officer 1st Class
I think so also. Checked it this morning and had some over spray from yesterday spray job. I think that was from the wind that picked up right in the middle of spraying it. So my plan is to wait 1 or 2 weeks and sand with 1000 and see what happens. If it cleans up ok then just leave it for a month or so then buff and polish. If it looks bad then sand with 440 and respray. This sound like a workable plan.

Will it be okay to set boat on tires for a couple of months while I work on the trailer, or should I build a cradle for it?

mccoytr

Petty Officer 1st Class
When installing the rub rail do I put 4200/5200 behind it, or just screw it on?