Center console project

SHSU

Lieutenant Junior+Starmada Splash Of The Year 2019
Dark colors hold more heat but like the blue. That being said, have no experience with EV foam. Would have to defer to @Moserkr as I believe he installed that stuff on his build.

SHSU

Moserkr

Chief Officer + Starmada Splash Of The Year 2021
The foam doesnt hold much heat from what Ive noticed. Great to walk on barefoot, stuff is damn near indestructible. Just doesnt like gasoline (will bubble) or oil (stains). Im sure theres a way to get the potato chip oil stains from the kids out of mine lol. I was anti-carpet so my floor is all hydroturf, but I did not do the gunnels - admiral shot that idea down.

A few notes… leave your roll of hydroturf opened up in the sun for a few days to pre-shrink it. I put mine right onto the boat and have 1/8” cracks where the seems met. Sun exposure made it shrink just a tiny bit.

Tuck the edges under the trim if possible to hold it in place better.

Spray an adhesive on the adhesive that comes with it so it actually sticks well. I used gorilla spray glue, anything like that will work.

SHSU

Very nice!!!! A newer motor is on the wish list, but can't argue with a working motor I already have.

On another note, that is a lot of weight hanging from the back. How you supporting it when driving? Don't think a transom saver will do the job in this case.

SHSU

Dave Aluminum

Seaman
Very nice!!!! A newer motor is on the wish list, but can't argue with a working motor I already have.

On another note, that is a lot of weight hanging from the back. How you supporting it when driving? Don't think a transom saver will do the job in this case.

SHSU
I have no idea…….

SHSU

Build a little trailer just to support the engine and pull it behind the boat trailer. lol

SHSU

Moserkr

Chief Officer + Starmada Splash Of The Year 2021
I thought about what Id do if I put an offshore bracket on my boat. Answer was a bigger trailer. Then a support for either the bracket and motor or motor alone. Someone who has done this before you will have the answer. But rolling down a bumpy road for a long distance with that hanging way off the back unsupported would make me really nervous.

Maybe weld a section of metal onto the trailer so it reaches far enough back to add a transom saver? Like a big triangle coming back to where the end of the offshore bracket sits. That would probably do the trick and allow you to let the motor rest its weight down onto the trailer instead of being a huge leverage of weight on the transom. Only loss will be trailer mobility at steep angles unless you scoot the wheels back. Or can you move the winch post and scoot the whole boat forward on the trailer?