Celebrity Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raydaman

Recruit
Re: Celebrity Talk

Looking for thoughts... I'm looking at a 1997 Celebrity 200 BR. I'm having trouble finding ANY information out there for them. Google is about useless and as for a price reference I don't know where to start. I'm looking to park it at our cottage in Northern Michigan for the boating season, the old pontoon boat just isn't getting it any longer pulling my 2 kids. I LOVE the looks of the boat, open bow, and graphics. The 20' length (just under) is perfect for the size of our inland lake. Hope to hear the good and the bad before I make a decision...

Sodakrep

Cadet

Raydaman - I know I am kind of late on this but I own a 95 190. Look out for the floor and stringers. This has been the main problem that I have seen with these boats. I had to replace mine, but now it's rock solid. You would have a hard time getting it out of my hands. My buddy had a 03 bayliner and although it was 8 years newer he still wanted mine. The whole boat is made solid and you have classic lines so it doesn't look dated. Good luck!

The Senator

Recruit

New to the Forum! Just bought an awsome 1993 Celebrity 230 Cuddy! Boat only has 139 hours.....We are so excited! Any fellow Spring Fever Suffering going on out there?

Attachments

• 2[1].jpg
    2[1].jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

dvandsm64

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Looking for thoughts... I'm looking at a 1997 Celebrity 200 BR. I'm having trouble finding ANY information out there for them. Google is about useless and as for a price reference I don't know where to start. I'm looking to park it at our cottage in Northern Michigan for the boating season, the old pontoon boat just isn't getting it any longer pulling my 2 kids. I LOVE the looks of the boat, open bow, and graphics. The 20' length (just under) is perfect for the size of our inland lake. Hope to hear the good and the bad before I make a decision...

try nada for an approxiamite price reference.

LuvBoating

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Here is our '92 Celeb 200 Cuddy we bought in April '09. It has a 5.7L engine w/Mercruiser Alpha 1 Drive. Just a couple of months ago, we had new Risers and Manifolds put on. Compared to the '89 Invader we had in Colorado (Denver metro south), this boat really can kick butt in speed! We've had it up to 28mph and we thought we were FLYING across the water! We are in our early 60's, so 28mph for us was FAST!!
Boat10.jpg
[/IMG]

nbodner10

Recruit

Hello All,
New to the forum here. Just bought a 1988 Celebrity last week. Thing is immaculate..only had 302 hours on it and it runs amazing. Bought it from the original owner who really took great care of it. I am having trouble identifying what model it is. I know celebrity has kinda jumped around. Here is what I do know. It is a 1988 18ft open bow. It has a "crownline" gold stamp on the rear and in the dash. Did Celebrity and Crownline ever merge at one point? The owner called it a 1988 Celebrity Crownline but I can not find that model anywhere. Any info would be really appreciated. I love it so far! Thanks - NB

merk5speed

Recruit

Hello to all, my first post. I have a 1991 celebrity 181 Bowrider. Nice boat, seems well constructed. Do have some carb issues, trying to find the right carb kit can be a challenge though.

mufc11

Recruit

Hello, to all, also my first post. My family just bought our first boat, a 1994 Celebrity 180 BR with a 4.3L Mercruiser. So far we jsut love it! I was out with a friend who ownes a 21' Baja and hes totally surprised by the speed and ride of our "little" boat. The boat is light but rides much smoother than other 18'ers I've been in. It's interesting to read some of the posts on this site about the status of Celebrity boats, I'm surprised to see that the manufacturer is no longer in business. Our boat looks and feels like a top of the line speedboat when it was brand new which is why we bought a 17yr old boat without hesitation. Anyway, hope everybody has a fun and safe summer and happy boating to all.

blackleytroy

Cadet

I have a 1992 220 Cuddy and although the interior was re-done when we bought it a few years ago, I plan on replacing all the carpet. As I am going to be removing the current seating (I am sure it is not the original layout), I would like to try to find out what the original seating arrangement was. Currently have "back to back" seating on both sides and then seating on each side of the motor cover and motor cover is also padded and covered. When plaining off, it is difficult to see without standing up and so if the back to back seating can be changed, I would like to return it to the original layout, if that makes any sense. Anyone have pictures of an original layout that they could share? Thanks

LuvBoating

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Just looked at Celebrity boats for sale to get an idea of what you want. Sure your boat isn't a 1993 year? Found a 230 Celebrity Cuddy that has the type of seating you are talking about that is in your boat. Our is a 1992 Celebrity 200 Cuddy Cabin and we have rotating single seats (2) in front and a couch like seat that goes from one side of the boat to the other right in front of the engine. From what I can tell, this is original seating that came with the boat.

I have a 1992 220 Cuddy and although the interior was re-done when we bought it a few years ago, I plan on replacing all the carpet. As I am going to be removing the current seating (I am sure it is not the original layout), I would like to try to find out what the original seating arrangement was. Currently have "back to back" seating on both sides and then seating on each side of the motor cover and motor cover is also padded and covered. When plaining off, it is difficult to see without standing up and so if the back to back seating can be changed, I would like to return it to the original layout, if that makes any sense. Anyone have pictures of an original layout that they could share? Thanks

blackleytroy

Cadet

Just looked at Celebrity boats for sale to get an idea of what you want. Sure your boat isn't a 1993 year? Found a 230 Celebrity Cuddy that has the type of seating you are talking about that is in your boat. Our is a 1992 Celebrity 200 Cuddy Cabin and we have rotating single seats (2) in front and a couch like seat that goes from one side of the boat to the other right in front of the engine. From what I can tell, this is original seating that came with the boat.
Thanks, but it is a 1992. I have been looking and have seen both, the swivel seats and the back to back seating. Not sure if I want to change the current seating because of the storage that it adds, but thought about the captains seat issue and being able to see.

dvandsm64

Petty Officer 2nd Class

they had different options in seating. i think the swivel captain seats were upgrades.

shorty629

Recruit

Hi everyone,

New to the forum and new to boating. We bought a 1995 Celebrity 230 Cuddy at the end of the season last year. Had it on the water a couple of times and really loved it! I can't seem to find anything about this particular boat. Can any of you help me out? I have searched and searched for info and it seems that my search goes all around 1995. It has the 454 7.4L, Silent Choice exhaust, and it will run. At it's fastest we had it running at 62mph. Looking forward to a fun summer on the lake this year! iphone 087.jpg

Gofast85

Recruit

Hi everyone,

New to the forum and new to boating. We bought a 1995 Celebrity 230 Cuddy at the end of the season last year. Had it on the water a couple of times and really loved it! I can't seem to find anything about this particular boat. Can any of you help me out? I have searched and searched for info and it seems that my search goes all around 1995. It has the 454 7.4L, Silent Choice exhaust, and it will run. At it's fastest we had it running at 62mph. Looking forward to a fun summer on the lake this year! View attachment 137840

shorty
I have a year 2000, 24CC Celebrity boat. Made in Grand-Mere Quebec Canada. Same speed as yours. I got sea trial results at www.powerboattv.com. Celebrity boat now made in China by Dalian Songliao Celebrity Marine Co. LTD. I got brochure for my boat from the internet. Many compliments on how good the boat looks. It has advanced styling. Well constructed too. I think I can get 70 mph if I change to iridium spark plugs, hp ign wires, and hi test gas.

Attachments

• boatblue.jpg
    boatblue.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 0

vrvokey

Seaman Apprentice

Hey everyone,I just purchased a 1988 19.5' Celebrity crownline bowrider with a 5.0L mercruiser and Alpha one drive.The boat is in very good shape and only has 400 hours on it,I am the third owner.Just wondering if any one has any info on these boats,I haven't found much info searching the web,any info you can provide would be great,thanks.Hee are some pics.

Attachments

• $(KGrHqFHJDcE90pevi)lBPoCPVnnd!~~48_20.jpg
    $(KGrHqFHJDcE90pevi)lBPoCPVnnd!~~48_20.jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 2
  • $(KGrHqJHJFUE91+DtcnRBPoCOq,8dw~~48_20.jpg
    $(KGrHqJHJFUE91+DtcnRBPoCOq,8dw~~48_20.jpg
    137.6 KB · Views: 2
  • $(KGrHqNHJF!E91+6nU8hBPoCP3ozMw~~48_20.jpg
    $(KGrHqNHJF!E91+6nU8hBPoCP3ozMw~~48_20.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 2
  • $(KGrHqRHJC!E9rVkbYEhBPoCRTIpT!~~48_20.jpg
    $(KGrHqRHJC!E9rVkbYEhBPoCRTIpT!~~48_20.jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 2
  • $(KGrHqRHJEUE92FBMSJZBPoCQSyU(g~~48_20.jpg
    $(KGrHqRHJEUE92FBMSJZBPoCQSyU(g~~48_20.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 2

lacebm2

Recruit

I just purchased a 1984 176vbr celebrity.I need the owners manual.Can anyone help?

robwelleosu

Cadet

I just purchased this '89 187SE and it is awesome. Great boat. Handles well, jumps up on plane quick, seems to be light on gas despite the weight of the boat. It has a 4.3L thunderbolt w/ Alpha One outdrive. Need some help with the dash gauges though. Tach is non functional (stuck on 2000 at all times), trim gauge doesn't read correctly (still bumps though when you turn the key on) and fuel gauge bounces and will eventually go down to about 1/4 of tank, but judging by how much fuel I had to put in it last time I was darn close to paddling home.

Overall fantastic boat. picked her up for $3500 with cover and newer trailer. Couldn't have found a better deal!

2012-07-21 17.20.53.jpg2012-07-23 06.54.59.jpg2012-07-23 06.55.40.jpg2012-07-23 06.56.04.jpg2012-07-23 06.56.16.jpg

robwelleosu

Cadet

Follow-on to above post. I had a neighbor hand me a new 23 pitch SS. It'll fit and all but was wondering if anyone else is running that pitch? Smartest thing would be to fix the tach, put the prop on and see for myself but can't find any info on the gauges. Any ideas or opinions?

Sinko

Seaman

Love my 1997 Celebrity 190. Sadly just lost the blower cover (marked with 190). No idea how to replace...ideas welcome.
blower cover.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.