CBS COORDINATED BUSH BASH WITH KERRY CAMPAIGN

TELMANMN

Chief Petty Officer
Re: CBS COORDINATED BUSH BASH WITH KERRY CAMPAIGN

Why is this open and the link with the coward dubya isn't

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Because this thread is dealing with a different story line, telemanmn.<br /><br />I don't know what link you are referring to but "coward Dubya" suggests it is mindless bashing.

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Originally posted by telmanmn:<br /> Why is this open and the link with the coward dubya isn't
Why is what open? What link to "coward dubya"?

mrbscott19

Chief Petty Officer

Originally posted by SCO:<br /><br />Regardless of your party affiliation, the smell of this story should stink to all Americans.
I couldn't agree more. But it's not like this is the first time CBS has aired fraudulent information. They've been doing it for the last year and a half!<br /><br />
CBSNeverTelevisedFakes.gif

dick

Chief Petty Officer

Thats good .It's not like Bush isn't guilty of not checking the facts.

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

Thats good .It's not like Bush isn't guilty of not checking the facts.<br /><br /><br />Is this an excuse, explaination or deflection? :confused:

PW2

Commander

I have my own theory of this whole sordid affair. It looks to me like it was planted by Karl Rove or one of his cronies. Not that CBS didn't take the bait and run with it, but look at it. The whole thing was uncovered as a fraud literally moments after they were released, and it achieves two goals that Rove would have.<br /><br />Number 1, It takes an issue that is virtually meaningless even if it were true, and turns it on its head, as well as distorting attention from the real issues of the day.<br /><br />Number 2, It goes a long way to discrediting the press generally, which with what is happening in the world today due to the current policies, can only be a plus for Bush. Even Fox News can't help but reporting all the problems in Iraq that the current administration would rather ignore.<br /><br />If Rove did not somehow plant this, he certainly cannot be upset about it, and probably wished he had thought of it.

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

PW2,<br /><br />I think your right. Based on all the proof provided above. I also saw where Rove was setting up a bunch of booths in malls where you can pay to kick the crap out of puppies. :mad: :mad: <br /><br />Just because the press was caught (CBS) in the bias that any American with a brain could see, and it just happens to benefit Bush/Rove doesn't mean they were involved. The forgeries were so bad an idiot could see it and CBS was not only remiss but culpable in the spreading of rumor and slander. Just because Dan Rather is a popular figure, doesn't mean he doesn't have a hidden agenda which is far easier to prove than your above statement. CBS WAS WRONG, THEY FAILED TO ADMITT THEY WERE WRONG, AND CONTINUE TO GIVE THE STORY LEGS WITH THEIR COVER-UP.<br /><br />Of course Rove is happy, so am I, and millions and millions of other people because those liberals who would fabricate news got caught in the act. I don't even think that Kerry was involved but the fact that CBS called the DNC to trade access for documents should scare the crap out of all good conspiracy minded liberals. Just because you like the people involved shouldn't change your search for the truth.

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

The CBS story is bogus, and yet this thwed is being derailed to deflect finger-pointing by some participants away from the subject of the forged documents,as opposed to the responsabilties of creating, forwarding, or airing of said forged documents. <br />Hmmm...Just like CBS and Dan Rather!<br />But I was even sucked-into replying to a derailment.<br />Blaming Bush, blaming Carl Rove prooves the democrats want this burried before it buries thier operatives in the field, and thier canidate worst-case.<br /><br />I doubt these tactics will werk here, and they certainly won't in the media, where ratings are everything (even trumping integrity)!<br /><br />The only question is, does the paper trail left by these forged docs lead to the democrat presidential canidate himself, or are they too,in the process of bieing forged?<br />As for CBS' "internal investigation", it willl not pacify us. It is little less than a delay-tactic, to bury it. But this crime ranks right up there with Watergate. It is just as slimey, and must be DEALT with properly.

ob

Admiral

CBS internal investigation or internal coverup?CBS should be internally investigated alright,just not by them.And of course ,their (CBS's}findings in this internal search will be factual for sure.IMO whoever is found to be at the bottom of the food chain by Federal investigators(if there is an investigation) in this forgery scam is more serious than the Watergate scandal in that it was purely fictional,not stolen facts.

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

'zacly.<br />It's like the wolves investigating what happened in the hen house.

Ralph 123

Captain

I have my own theory of this whole sordid affair. It looks to me like it was planted by Karl Rove or one of his cronies...
OMG that is just ridiculous! First, you'd have to assume that Rove knew CBS would be so biased and slipshod to not even bother vetting the documents at all - when I saw the documents I laughed my @$$ off because anybody who uses Word with any regularity knows they were done in Word - It is the default template for God sake! They didn't even try to hide the fact they came from Word. When you hold it up next to known documents from the era you can't help but belly laugh.<br /><br />Second, CBS went to Burkett looking for the documents. That is documented. So, how did CBS know to go to Burkett? Think Rove tipped them off? Give me a break!<br /><br />Third, your hanging your hat on how fast the forgeries were exposed as evidence, is just silly. It says more about CBS than it does the forger. Rather recently said he believes the documents are genuine but just can't be authenticated!<br /><br />Fourth, Tony Coello has acknowledged that the "documents" were given to the Gore campaign in 2000 and they dismissed them out of hand as forgeries. Think Rove gave them to Tony in 2000?<br /><br />Fifth, Burkett is a known loon. He has self described mental problems. No self respecting reporters would use him as a source. Even Chris Mathews said he was out-to-lunch after he interviewed him. Do you think Rove would give them to a guy who nobody believes? Do you think Rove is that stupid?<br /><br />Come on PW I can usually count on you for better arguments than this...

dick

Chief Petty Officer

Originally posted by POINTER94:<br /> Thats good .It's not like Bush isn't guilty of not checking the facts.<br /><br /><br />Is this an excuse, explaination or deflection? :confused:
A excuse ? No It's a comment about the editorial cartoon from mrbscott19.<br />A explaination? No only GW can try to do that. You see in Iraq they still have no WMD ,no proven links to Al Qaeda and no weapons labs.Oh but wait Iran does , only out by one letter.<br />A deflection ? While maybe, I'll tell you tell you the meaning of life... it is......<br />-<br />-<br />-<br />-<br />-<br />-<br />-<br />-<br />THIS JUST IN TERROR *TERROR ALERT*TERROR ALERT*<br />Thats a defection.

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

fka,<br /><br />For some reason my computer didn't show mrscott's cartoon. Guess I was out of line. Maybe. :confused: <br /><br />But wasn't this thread about the potential relationship with CBS and the Kerry campaign. I still don't see how your comment relates political cartoon not withstanding?

Ralph 123

Captain

no proven links to Al Qaeda
Another well informed person who hasn't even taken the time to read the 911 Commission report or even the posts here with excerpts from multiple sources.<br /><br />A bet you believe in the "secret Saudi flights" too. Do you think all the Jews that worked in the WTC were warned not to go to work on 911? Did Nixon or Johnson kill Kennedy? I'm just curious how deep it goes...

Ralph 123

Captain

Key paragraph:<br /><br />
Kerry adviser Michael McCurry now says Lockhart recently told Mary Beth Cahill, Kerry's campaign manager, about the conversation. McCurry says Cahill then told Kerry.
Interesting. Why would he tell her about a "meaningless" 4 minute conversation with a crackpot and why would she tell Kerry?<br /><br />[full story]<br /><br />The Kerry campaign and CBS<br /><br />Published September 22, 2004<br /><br />Soon after suspicions erupted that CBS News had relied on forgeries for a Sept. 8 story about George W. Bush's service in the National Guard, Terry McAuliffe, chair of the Democratic National Committee, offered reporters his theory on who might be the dirty trickster. As the Los Angeles Times reported on Sept. 11: "Deflecting questions about whether Democrats had given CBS the documents implicating Bush, McAuliffe suggested it might have been White House political adviser Karl Rove who did so."<br /><br />There is, in fact, a political odor rising from the debacle that has discredited CBS and its supposedly devastating story about the president. But the possible collusion in question isn't the nefarious link McAuliffe insinuated.<br /><br />On Monday, a top adviser to Democratic presidential candidate John Kerry acknowledged that, before CBS aired its story, he talked with the man who gave the documents to the network. Joe Lockhart, a veteran of the Bill Clinton White House, said he called Bill Burkett, a retired National Guard officer, at the suggestion of CBS' lead producer on the story, Mary Mapes.<br /><br />That's perplexing on many levels--starting with the fact that Bill Burkett isn't just any former guardsman. As The Washington Post described him Tuesday: "The man CBS News touted as the unimpeachable source' of explosive documents about President Bush's National Guard service turns out to be a former Guard officer with a history of self-described mental problems who has denounced Bush as a liar with demonic personality shortcomings.'"<br /><br />Lockhart's explanation to The Wall Street Journal of why he contacted Burkett raised more questions than it answered: "The Saturday before the 60 Minutes' story, the CBS producer contacted me and said someone who had been helpful to them on the story had been trying to reach the Kerry campaign, wanted to talk to someone on the campaign. She gave me the guy's number. It was Burkett. I called the guy. ... We talked for three or four minutes about the swift-boat controversy. He believed our response was inadequate, that Kerry should push back about the Vietnam experience. I thanked him for his advice. End of the story."<br /><br />Not exactly. Kerry adviser Michael McCurry now says Lockhart recently told Mary Beth Cahill, Kerry's campaign manager, about the conversation. McCurry says Cahill then told Kerry.<br /><br />A trusting person would conclude the CBS producer pulled strings to do what her source couldn't: put him in touch with a top Kerry aide. But a cynical person would ask precisely what Lockhart knew about the story Mapes was reporting--and would demand to know who was telling what to whom when Lockhart and Burkett spoke. Also: As questions swirled about Burkett, who was publicly identified as a possible source of the memos on Sept. 12, why didn't Kerry's campaign quickly reveal its contact with Burkett to pre-empt any suggestion of collusion?<br /><br />Similar questions arose, and fairly so, last month when a Bush campaign lawyer resigned after revealing that he had provided legal advice to the Swift Boat Veterans for Truth.<br /><br />Lockhart denies a link between Kerry's campaign and the forgeries. He says he doesn't recall talking to Burkett about Bush's Guard records.<br /><br />But Lockhart isn't the only Kerry ally who spoke with Burkett before CBS aired its bogus story. Former Sen. Max Cleland (D-Ga.) has said he talked last month with Burkett, who claimed to have information about Bush that would offset criticism of Kerry's service record. Cleland has said he gave Burkett's name and number to the Kerry campaign's research department.<br /><br />Burkett has said he lied to CBS. Anchorman Dan Rather has apologized for airing the story. Time now for the Kerry campaign and CBS to come clean about all communiques between them about this story and these phony documents. Kerry has denounced what he and others say are baseless lies from swift boat veterans about his service record. It will be heartening to hear his reassurance that he has inspected his own campaign and found it innocent of any involvement in CBS' tawdry fiasco.<br /><br /> http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/opinion/chi-0409220118sep22,1,588492.story

dick

Chief Petty Officer

Pointer94 Didn't mean to take a jab at you. Just responding.<br />Ralph....No I haven't read it yet but I will now all 585 pages of it and will get back to you on it .How bout the other points.WMD's ? Weapons labs ? They found them yet? <br />These where the reasons to go to war.<br />If was just links to AL QAEDA ther are a few other contries to hit.<br />And if you want questionable excerpts ,you can google Bush is a ........whatever, and get lots of them.
A bet you believe in the "secret Saudi flights" too. Do you think all the Jews that worked in the WTC were warned not to go to work on 911? Did Nixon or Johnson kill Kennedy? I'm just curious how deep it goes...<br /><br />
WTH is that about .

Ralph 123

Captain

Weapons labs - found read interim reports from weapons inspectors. Lots of dual use stuff. You don't think he made all the stuff he killed the Kurds and Iranians with in his kitchen do you?<br /><br />WMDs - no large stockpiles. Shock to all including every intelligence agency on the planet, not just ours. Maybe even a shock to Saddam. Maybe sent out. Maybe buried. One thing seems unlikely, that he would unilaterally destroy them and not document it so he could get out from under the sanctions. There were known stockpiled in 1998 when the inspectors were kicked out. Lots of them. Just go to the UNs website and read the last reports submitted by Hans Blix just before the start of the war and you will see what was "known to have existed." at the time. Clinton allowed Saddam to kick the inspectors out as you may recall.<br /><br />If you want to get into this in greater detail start another thread this is about CBS not this old stuff that has been hashed over 1,000 times.