Carb selection for '94 OMC king cobra

cabe227

Cadet
Thread starter
Joined
Apr 30, 2013
Messages
12
Hi guys,
I'm rebuilding my '94 454 king cobra after years of valve problems and a stolen Holley 750. I pulled the motor and had the block cleand, and bored .030 over (due to pitting) Running the original crank (balanced) with a pro-speed domed piston and I-beam rod setup. The original peanut port heads went to the scrap yard and replaced with an Edelbrock Marine large oval port aluminum set on top of a .510 lift procomp roller cam.
I'm getting ready to install Scorpion's Marine endurance roller rockers and an Edelbrock Air Gap 2-0 intake manifold.
I am trying to decide on a carb for this I/O setup. The factory Holley 750 went missing while at the storage yard a couple years ago so I need to replace it with another. Looking at Quickfuel/Holley 4150 750cfm, Edelbrock 1410 750cfm or other highly reputable setup. Electric choke, Mechanical Secondary is what the boat came with originally.
Any thoughts on this? I know the throttle and clutch linkages are sensitive on these OMCs.

1994 FourWinns Liberator 201 'Daddy' King Cobra
 

Attachments

  • 20210728_185700.jpg
    20210728_185700.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 2
  • 20210728_185651.jpg
    20210728_185651.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 2
  • 20210728_203809.jpg
    20210728_203809.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 2
  • 20210728_203757.jpg
    20210728_203757.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 2

matt167

Rear Admiral
Joined
Sep 27, 2012
Messages
4,464
whatever you choose needs to be marine compliant. 750 CFM if it's a stockish build
 
Top