Can the base of engine work? Two to bolts under engine are rusted and can

kenny nunez

Captain
Try to get a 6 gallon outboard tank and connect it to your fuel pump in place of the fuel line from the boat’s tank. Take the boat out and see if it runs like it should. If it does run normal then your fuel tank is the problem.
If it does not go faster then either the fuel pump or the carburetor is the problem.
If your engine has a fuel filter you should check it also. There is one in the fuel pump and also where the fuel line connects to the carburetor.

liusigou

Chief Petty Officer
The cylinder compress have some issue , 120,100,100,80 psi. But at the beginning it run fast nearly about 30mile. But it slows down after hours in the water with the engine a little bit hot..

I will do a simple test just put the fuel line into the backup red gas bucket in my boat.

Last edited:

Grub54891

Admiral
Do as suggested with the remote tank. To me it sounds like you don't have much mechanical knowledge. Do you have a friend close to your area that knows a bit more? Also changing fuel filters as suggested would be a good thing.

liusigou

Chief Petty Officer
Do as suggested with the remote tank. To me it sounds like you don't have much mechanical knowledge. Do you have a friend close to your area that knows a bit more? Also changing fuel filters as suggested would be a good thing.
Thank you. Changing the fuel filter should be easy. I will do it.

Is it the same put the fuel line into the red gas bucket as remote outboard tank? Any difference?

kenny nunez

Captain
Just be very careful using a gas bucket container that it will be restrained with some rope and not leak out into the boat. You do not want a fire.
The outboard 6 gallon tank is the most safe way to test for fuel starvation.
Your #4 cylinder has a bad exhaust valve. I also think that the rear of the exhaust manifold is letting water flow back into the engine. That could also keep the engine from making full power.
You need to find someone who can remove the cylinder head and have an engine shop repair it. Also get a new complete exhaust manifold.
Where are located? I know that parts are hard to get in some parts of the world.

liusigou

Chief Petty Officer
Just be very careful using a gas bucket container that it will be restrained with some rope and not leak out into the boat. You do not want a fire.
The outboard 6 gallon tank is the most safe way to test for fuel starvation.
Your #4 cylinder has a bad exhaust valve. I also think that the rear of the exhaust manifold is letting water flow back into the engine. That could also keep the engine from making full power.
You need to find someone who can remove the cylinder head and have an engine shop repair it. Also get a new complete exhaust manifold.
Where are located? I know that parts are hard to get in some parts of the world.
It seems a big job. I am located Toronto area ontario

Grub54891

Admiral
It seems a big job. I am located Toronto area ontario
To me it’s not a big job. But I have been turning wrenches since I was 9 years old. Of corse if you find a reliable shop, it may cost more than the boat is worth. It’s up to you to have a reliable friend who knows what they are doing or take it To a shop.

kenny nunez

Captain
Sierra marine part numbers.
Manifold kit. 18-1954-1
manifold elbow. 18-1973
These parts are available on line or you can call them. 877 663 8396
www.sierramarine.com
If you find someone to work on your engine show them these part numbers.

liusigou

Chief Petty Officer
Sierra marine part numbers.
Manifold kit. 18-1954-1
manifold elbow. 18-1973
These parts are available on line or you can call them. 877 663 8396
www.sierramarine.com
If you find someone to work on your engine show them these part numbers.
Yesterday I went fishing , it can run 30 mile at the beginning, but in the end it run only 8 mile. Do you have easy and low cost solution to fix this issue?Should I buy these two parts to make it run faster.

Manifold kit. 18-1954-1
manifold elbow. 18-1973

thanks

liusigou

Chief Petty Officer
Also it was hot after I slow down. Maybe I should solve the overheat issue. Today I will go back to check impeller.