FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I used Rustoleum camo paint from Walmart on mine, just the green though, I didn't opt for the brown and black combo. I bought a quart and thinned it enough to spray. Mine had some old paint still on it and a few bare spots that I painted with aluminum primer. That paint has been on that boat now for over 5 years with no signs of lifting, peeling, fading or even much wear except for the corners where the straps rub it on the trailer. Prep is the key.
If you want a pro look and you're not strapped for cash a yinyl graphic may be another option. Here's a link but there may be cheaper options.
Real easy to do. Pick your colors and pick a pattern and just go for it. Camo should be flat and not reflective....... and Nat'l Guard units in your area? The military camo paint is the best there is and trust me .... you don't want to know the price....... but every shop may have a can or two laying around that they would give away. The military has changed it's camo colors so there is paint out there.
I saw one where a guy used stencils and it turned out great. I think he bought the camo stencils, but I don't think it would be that hard to cut them out yourself.