By request- RU412 Morning After Pill

Re: By request- RU412 Morning After Pill

yes they should have the pill it should be freedom of choice between the mother and father if the mother doesn't want it the father should have the option to be the sole caregiver or we can just let state and church make all the calls and we can just keep builing low income housing for single mothers and put more on the already bogged down welfare system i personally am against abortion the thought of it make me sick to my stomach but those are my thoughts and they should not be forced upon someone else

gaugeguy

Captain

Originally posted by tylerin:<br />C'mon Dad :D Do as I say boy, not.............. <br /><br />There are things that I have done that if I ever catch my boys doing, they are gonna have a size 10 up the keister.

rogerwa

Commander

The issue is truly about choice. The choice not to have sex. This is not just the woman but the man. Don't do the crime if you can't do the time.<br /><br />All other issues are a circumvention of personal responsibility. The morning after pill is just another 'convenience' that removes us from our personal responibility.<br /><br />For those who this angers, I walk the walk. I have been married for 13 years, have four kids, and have never used birth control other than NFP methods. What this means is that sometimes you have to put the horse back in the barn when the conditions are not right for a trail ride. We have to be particularly conscious of this because we never had to try more than once to have a child. Each one was planned.<br /><br />I cannot support any form of abortive measures due to the unfairness to the child (split hairs if you wish, but once the process is put in motion it is not ours to judge). <br /><br />I was a 'mistake' child and fortunately my mother didn't take the easy way out.

Elmer Fudge

Lieutenant Commander

Quote by Kenneth Brown:If society expects a man to pay child support then society should also allow the man to keep the child EVEN if the woman doesn't want to. Its a double standard thats being applied to males.<br /><br /><br />Then let the man give birth to the child.

samagee

Chief Petty Officer

Men were not made to give birth. I am sure there is a reason for the way we were made. No perfect being can make something with out having a reason for it. <br /><br />I am sure that if men could, we would, while over hauling an engine in our dream machine.

neumanns

Lieutenant Commander

Kenneth, I have tried to follow you but I am lost, perhaps I am just dense but could you clarify a few things for me. I'm not trying to pick on ya, seriously...Just curious. All quotes are by you:<br /><br />1)I'll troll for awhile then post my thoughts. As a whole I am against abortion, although certainly acceptable in some cases ie rape, incest, etc... You did not want the abortion?<br /><br />2)Her body, MY CHILD, is it still that easy? What if it was yours? Two wrongs don't make a right, sometimes it makes it even, but not in this case...You are short the child, Right? <br /><br />3). If society expects a man to pay child support then society should also allow the man to keep the child EVEN if the woman doesn't want to...Again you wanted it, right? <br /><br />5)She did do me a favor... Here's where I'm really lost, I thought you wanted the child? or what was the favor<br /><br />6)Still, to this day though I am upset over the other womans actions...Because you wanted the child right?<br /><br /><br />KB, Seriously not picking on ya...just lost. I do not understand if this child was aborted, or born and you are talking about child support.

wilkin250r

Chief Petty Officer

Originally posted by Kenneth Brown:<br /> If society expects a man to pay child support then society should also allow the man to keep the child EVEN if the woman doesn't want to. Its a double standard thats being applied to males.
While it sounds good in theory, it has one major flaw. Life does not legally begin until birth. Before that, under the legal definition, it is not a child, it is not a life. If you allow the man to keep the child, you force the woman to carry the child.<br /><br />Even though I am personally against the idea of abortion, I still believe that a woman has the right to make decisions concerning her own body. If you allow the man to keep the child, you are removing that choice from her. Can you legally force a woman to keep a tumor in her body, or to keep her tonsils? They have basically the same legal definition, be it an unborn child or a mole on her face, she has the right to have either removed from her body.

Kenneth Brown

Captain

Nuemanns- I understand, and I'll tell ya the best I can.<br /><br />1: I didn't know until it was all said and done. I had an affair that lasted about 2 months. We were only intimate twice, the last time without proper procedures. Very shortly after that night I came to my senses and confessed all to my wife, begging forgiveness. She called me the day after she got the abortion and told me.<br /><br />2: I guess I am, she killed it before it had a chance.<br /><br />3: I love children. I am a harda$$ on them but only when necc. I didn't know I was going to have one till she had already killed it.<br /><br />4: You didn't list a #4 :) <br /><br />5: She did do me a favor. If I would have had a child with her my marriage would have been over with. Not like my wife set guidelines that she would allow its just that was definetely a non-forgivable action. We have worked things out and time is still healing. <br /><br />6: I didn't necc want another child. I darn sure wouldn't kill one either though. I, as stupid as it was, participated in the activity that lead to a pregnancy. I was raised to stand up and accept not only what life gives you but for the choices you make. Had I known she was pregnat I would have stood up and accepted it. <br /><br /><br />As a general note to all learn from others mistakes. The affair was fun, I ain't gonna lie. It made me feel young again. It was also the dumbest thing I have ever done in my life. I feel no shame in telling this story because hopefully somebody will listen and learn. I ain't proud of it but it happened. I will be celebrating my 10th anniversary June 18. I hope to make it till the 50th. If you are foolish enough to get married don't be even more foolish and cause problems in the relationship.

neumanns

Lieutenant Commander

It was #5 that confused me, Thanks for the enlightenment. I was starting to think you was flipflopping on me but instead you just have a very realistic view, that I can respect. Would have been #4 if I could count. ;)

kd6nem

Chief Petty Officer

Kenneth Brown,<br />I respect your honesty. You have guts to admit all this, and your motivation is noble.

JoeW

Senior Chief Petty Officer

KB,<br />Your perspective is very reasonable. You sound like a responsible person. Had you had the chance, I'm sure you would have raised that child to the best of your ability. <br /><br />I guess I'm more concerned about those people who are not as responsible. I see a lot of posts here that tend to imply that they ought to be, and that is the root of the problem. Well of course they OUGHT to be responsible. We all should. But saying someone OUGHT to be responsible doesn't make it so. Should we mandate that an irresponsible mother carry a baby to term and raise that baby to adulthood (with or without the irresponsible father)? What are the chances that that baby will have a pretty rotten life. Pretty good I'd say. <br /><br />Does the quality of life for such a child not matter?

Kenneth Brown

Captain

Thanks for the respect guys.<br /><br />Joe says "Does the quality of life for such a child not matter?"<br /><br />Maybe, maybe not. Poor people have less of a chance to provide their children with lifes neccecities than a well off family would. That doesn't mean that they shouldn't be allowed to have children though. I do see the other side of the coin here to guys. I don't understand how all of the 3rd world people can keep having kids, I mean they can't even feed theirselves, much less any child. A child without a father is still a child. Many turn out to be outstanding people. And yes, there is a pretty good chance the life will be rotten, although there is a chance the life will be great also.