By request- RU412 Morning After Pill

Kenneth Brown

Captain
Any comments? I'll troll for awhile then post my thoughts. As a whole I am against abortion, although certainly acceptable in some cases ie rape, incest, etc.

Toad2001

Chief Petty Officer
Re: By request- RU412 Morning After Pill

From what I understand about it, it seems more like just another birth control device.<br />After the fact and desperate, but the same as conventional ones none the less. After all, one doesn't even know if they are pregnant when they take the pill...Odds are very high they aren't.<br /><br />Since abortion is going to get tied into this anyway, here is my two cents. I say leave the decisions up to women, their families, and their doctors instead of men, politicians and the church. I have no further comment.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Since actual implantation doesn't take place until several days later, I see zero connection with abortion.<br /><br />Just another pregnancy preventive.

gaugeguy

Captain

And another excuse not to practice safe sex :rolleyes:

Elmer Fudge

Lieutenant Commander

I'm in agreement with Toad and JB.<br /><br />Posted by guageguy."And another excuse not to practice safe sex :rolleyes: <br /><br />How about unsafe sex between married couples :confused:

kd6nem

Chief Petty Officer

I'm with GaugeGuy. Be responsible in the first place. I was an "oops" between husband and wife, so was my younger brother. Same with my firstborne. All were loved and welcomed. In marriage what's the problem? Maybe not convenient, but work with the hand dealt. Don't trash God's creation! And why is it many these days think it is ridiculous or impossible to have morals if you are still single? I know exactly how hard it was to keep the brakes on in that area but we made it. IT CAN BE DONE! Where has self control and responsibility gone, anyway?!!!

rolmops

Vice Admiral

This noise about the morning after pill really makes me grin.<br />Here we are in the land of the free and some dogooders who like to stick their nose into other people's lifes are trying to tell us what to do about the size of our family and how to go about it.One would think that all anti gun legislation people should be right up there defending woman's rights for choice.<br />The funny thing is that this little pill has been in use in Europe for many years already and the amount of unwanted and teen pregnancies is miniscule compared to what we have here.In Europe,when you are a minor,you cannot easily get these pills over the counter.But you can get them 24 hours a day at planned parenthood centers.The price usually is a down to earth lesson about what is smart and what is dumb in these matters.<br />The anti-abortion crowd is almost non existant in Europe at this point in time.Partly because of culture and also because there is no longer very much of a reason for it's existance.<br />This little pill has the potential of giving kids a chance to break out of the hopelessness they would otherwise face.It may save the taxpayer billions in social services that would otherwise have to be rendered to poor single moms.<br />Face it,we all have a deep urge to reproduce.Most of us made a mistake or two.Some got lucky and some not.Why would one mistake have to change a life forever because of misguided principled dogooders? Specially when there is a safe way out of it before it gets real bad.<br />One more thing,I think that abortion is a very traumatic experience that will probably leave deep emotional scars.It would be a great relief not to have to go through this emotionally very painful experience.

miloman

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Its about Free will. as stongly as I feel about abortion it is ones right to choose what they do with their body. A life I dont consider is a life until it can survive out of the womb. I believe that terminating a pregnacy although wrong is a needed event, socially economically etc...I dont believe we have the right to tell another human what they can and cant do with thier body As I have free will to get a tattoo ( i dont have any) I believe it is ones right to terminate an unwanted pregnancy.

kd6nem

Chief Petty Officer

We've been told this "right to choose" garbage long enough to really believe it. Too bad there is no longer any way to measure right or wrong other than what seems good to us as individuals. Who is considering the life to be terminated??? Who cares? I do! God does! Many do, but we're not very good about speaking up. Absolute truth is seemingly(for the moment) nearly extinct. We've lost our compass and don't realize where we're drifting. Good thing Truth existed when our country was founded, or else it wouldn't have been! Think it through long enough and one must realize that moral relativity can't ultimately work long term. There has to ultimately be SOME things which are right and wrong. Sure there are many things in between, but situational ethics are fast taking the place of absolutes, essentially making everything right. Too bad if it offends or harms someone else. My rights outweigh yours. No respect for Truth is to not respect authority or ourselves. Absolutes are the skeleten which holds us upright. The western world is realling beginning to look more like a jellyfish lately, in my opinion. Some folks would rather have their schools and media tell them how to think then pretend they are independent thinkers. Not really.<br />Europe? You mean the culture which has decayed to the point where gun ownership is unheard of and everyone hands over three or four times the amount we do in taxes? The culture that will take our money and help in time of need then backstab us at most opportunities (Britain excepted)Do you really like that? Then move there! I don't think very highly of the Euro political climate or moral climate. Where does most of our computer spam comes from? Europe. Because there is a "why bother with values" mentality. Their crime rate is nothing to be proud of. Everything has become so socialized. Is that such a wonderful thing? I think not. How about we go back to personal responsibility instead. Give everyone opportunity, not everything on a silver platter then demand their entire paycheck in return! Look at every major civilization that existed. When they go soft on values it is the sign that things will be soon shaken up. Never been an exception. The alternatives might eventually start looking good to us when anarchy takes over. Some may think I'm some extremist or something. If you know any history you'd see I would be very mainstream 100 years ago- even 50. So who has moved? I'll give you room to enjoy your beliefs, but spare me the garbage about abortion being just another choice like where I will eat lunch today. Hopelessness? That is what really gained momentum in the 60's when morals started to be abandoned. Values offer much more freedom than this counterfeit imitation we think of these days. Enough for now.

neumanns

Lieutenant Commander

"I think he will like me if I have sex with him"<br /><br />"If I get pregnant maybe he won't leave me"<br /><br />"If I have a child then I will always have sombody to love me"<br /><br />Perhaps if someone invented a anti-stupidity pill it would be a better seller. A good many of what are considered accidents could be better attributed to stupidity or lack of planning. The morning after pill can do very little more than what a condom could have done 48hrs before. plus the RU412 (or is it 482) does not prevent STD's. Sure many guys do not like condoms but if presented with a choice between Rosypalm and her five sisters or a condom who's gonna side with rosie. Of course this does not take into account any ioda of responsibility or consequences, but that's a whole nother thread. Or there is always other forms of birth control for someone with any capability of foresight whatsoever, ya know like a week or two of it.

Kenneth Brown

Captain

Originally posted by Toad2001:<br />
<br />[Since abortion is going to get tied into this anyway, here is my two cents. I say leave the decisions up to women, their families, and their doctors instead of men, politicians and the church. I have no further comment. [/QB]
Ok Toad I halfway agree. Her body, MY CHILD, is it still that easy? What if it was yours? Two wrongs don't make a right, sometimes it makes it even, but not in this case.

Toad2001

Chief Petty Officer

Kenneth, <br /><br />Depending on who she is, she might be doing me a huge favor... ;)

WoodRust

Seaman

Originally posted by Kenneth Brown:<br /> Any comments? I'll troll for awhile then post my thoughts. As a whole I am against abortion, although certainly acceptable in some cases ie rape, incest, etc.
Have the "Bod", Do the "Time" (a lifetime?) & Then Decide! Otherwise, you have no rights. Women decide as I see it!<br /><br />Sorry :rolleyes:

Elmer Fudge

Lieutenant Commander

HEY!! Where are you guys going with this? I thought this topic was about the "morning after pill" Abortion has nothing to do with it,thats a whole nother subject. Get real,face the facts.

rolmops

Vice Admiral

Bearcat,you were so right in saying that you would have been mainstream about a hundred years ago.The world moved on.

Kiwi Phil

Commander

If this subject is about the Morning After Pill, what's the big deal. It has been around for a long time, is readily available if needed, and it is a non issue. <br />Is it new to your market or something?<br />Mentioned this thread to my wife and neighbour (visiting)and they ask: "what on earth has it got to do with any man. It is none of their business, and they don't need any males to decide what is best for them".<br /><br />WOW........who wants to swap places with me :<br />Seriously though, what's the issue???<br />Cheers<br />Phillip

John Carpenter

Petty Officer 1st Class

Some will view this as an abortion issue...some not. In my opinion it is a personal decision that the government or church has no right to stick their nose in. If a woman wants to involve her partner in the decision, fine...but if not, then she has the right to make whatever decision she feels is best.

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

I typically fall on the other side of this discussion but in this case I don't have a huge issue with this form of birth control. For biological reasons life has not started and therefor you cannot extend rights to something that isn't yet viable.<br /><br />This in my opinion, this is a debate on a FORM of what some may see as abortion. I just don't see how it meets the standard for life. I don't see why I should support this with my tax dollars but I would rather hand out these than pay for abortions. For the sake of discussion there are millions of couples who would give their life savings to adopt a baby.

Kenneth Brown

Captain

Ok guys. I will agree to a degree. When does it become a lifeform? I guess my beef is with the abortion and not the pill. Sorry for the troll. I eckon when my "gumption" is up to it we'll go round and round on the abortion issue.

Bassy

Lieutenant Commander

My(women's) choice. The government or church has no say what I do. That's what I say.<br />Bassy