Buying boat need opinions

Calebbrown77

Seaman
Re: Buying boat need opinions

I took pictures today I'm gonna try annoyed them there is no rot on the floor an the hull is a nice hull few scuffs but I did auto body for awhile I can fix all that wig fiber glass an paint for free I would like to re do the intirior anyways an change the calor! It does have a omc cobra outdrive with a 5.7 350 but rebuilding couldn't be to hard could it?

oldfordcrap

Petty Officer 2nd Class

hi read Beefers answer very closely!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! exactlyyyyyy

Calebbrown77

Seaman

Ok guys another question when I replace the lower unit can it be a different brand an how doni know which one to get an would it be Easter to just rebuild it or is it even possible thanks!0

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

No. Parts are very brand and usually model specific.

Beefer

Lieutenant Commander

Ok guys another question when I replace the lower unit can it be a different brand an how doni know which one to get an would it be Easter to just rebuild it or is it even possible thanks!0

Well, I'm sure you could rebuild over Easter, or you could spend that weekend with family.

Smuggler's Blues

Petty Officer 2nd Class

IMHO you should do a lot more research into boating and you started at one of the right places (iboats). Do a lot of online research and ask a lot of questions on the forums....else you might end up being one of the many that dislike boating and view boat as "Bring Out Another Thousand".

-Hostage

This is great advice. I too was looking at a boat a couple of months back. 1993 Sunbird Corsair the boat had an omc outdrive. Due to the advice on this site I saved myself $3000

Calebbrown77

Seaman

Ok thanks guys you have help slot I think I can get the lower unit for that outdrive for a good price an the boat will be water ready but im gonna start on interior as soon as I get it so it will be ready for summer! An I will hVe plenty of help on this! So it should be fairly easy to get it done before summer

DaNinja

Lieutenant

Ok thanks guys you have help slot I think I can get the lower unit for that outdrive for a good price an the boat will be water ready but im gonna start on interior as soon as I get it so it will be ready for summer! An I will hVe plenty of help on this! So it should be fairly easy to get it done before summer
Goud luock! i hoep your have a grate Easter!

:: adds a Caleb translator app ::

Man, my app list is getting long.
And, my wife the English teacher leaves in tears. :facepalm:

infideltarget

Master Chief Petty Officer

Goud luock! i hoep your have a grate Easter!

:: adds a Caleb translator app ::

Man, my app list is getting long.
And, my wife the English teacher leaves in tears. :facepalm:

Aaaaaannnnnnddddd......once again I have to clean up water off my keyboard!:D

I did notice, however, that we are in fact talking about a "boat" instead of a "bot". Kinda kills the earlier posts for those just tuning in.:confused:

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

I did notice, however, that we are in fact talking about a "boat" instead of a "bot". Kinda kills the earlier posts for those just tuning in.:confused:

I fixed it before reading the thread....and then the early comments made me immediately regret it :p

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

Guess nobody could talk you out of this money pit..
Good luck..With the G/F and Uncle too...Especially when you are arse deep in expenses and Easter has come and gone, alas with nothing to show for it but one big giant egg in the yard resting on a trailer

Calebbrown77

Seaman

Ok I am just not getting the resin why you guys hate this boat so much I'm going to look around an see if I can find a whole new outdrive for a reasonable price an if so I may go forth but if it's to much I figure I will Loren to you it just seems like a fun project! I don't hVe expenses I am a college student I have all the time to do this no problem?

DaNinja

Lieutenant

Ok I am just not getting the resin why you guys hate this boat so much I'm going to look around an see if I can find a whole new outdrive for a reasonable price an if so I may go forth but if it's to much I figure I will Loren to you it just seems like a fun project! I don't hVe expenses I am a college student I have all the time to do this no problem?
I recommend focusing on college and maybe some very elementary writing skills.

I may not be around to see it, but Caleb's generation will be in charge of this country in twenty years!

Good luck with college, Caleb! I hope you find the resin to hVe the edumicashun. Yu can Loren to me, if that is a good thing.

Calebbrown77

Seaman

Oh my good god you old people! I am sorry I do not care about spelling or punctuation on a forum oh goodness! I can focus on college an have a project you people just don't make sense! Are y'all trying to say this boat is done an is destined to be in a junk yard it's 22 years young!im sure that is younger then most people posting on this forum!!

DaNinja

Lieutenant

Oh my good god you old people! I am sorry I do not care about spelling or punctuation on a forum oh goodness! I can focus on college an have a project you people just don't make sense! Are y'all trying to say this boat is done an is destined to be in a junk yard it's 22 years young!im sure that is younger then most people posting on this forum!!
Good luck with college and your new project, Caleb. I wish you the best with both.
I'm sorry that we are not worthy of your most exquisite English skills. I will try to do better.

jonesg

Admiral

They are trying to tell you but you don't want to hear it, you are very likely buying junk.
Its got all the warning signs.
The boat will need gutting completely.

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

What we are trying to tell you, is that an older boat that needs some refurbishing and is equipped with an obsolete powerplant is not a good buy. It essentially has little value other than the trailer and whatever you can get for the parts. If you can get this boat extremely cheaply and want to rehab it, go ahead, and the members here will help you. The original question asked was if this was a good buy at $2k and yes, people will come out of the woodwork on this site to tell you not to buy an OMC powered boat. A decent condition 22 year old boat with a Mercruiser is hardly worth much more than $2k.