Bush say cant win, then we can win war

Rudderman

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Bush say cant win, then we can win war

I agree that this war is about hate and thats a real problem that is not gonna go away. Bombs and wars will only make it worse, generating more hatred. Look at Israel and Palestine....thats what happens when ya bomb and kill each other, it just goes round in one big circle of violence with no way out. The US will always be vulnerable to guerilla-style attacks, no matter how secure ya think you are, just like the IRA bombed the UK for years... the only solution is compromise, which is not a word in Bush's vocabulary. Personally I hope that Bush goes and hes replaced by someone less trigger-happy and someone who listens to the rest of the world rather than constantly trying to call the shots and walk over people for America's "gain".

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

There is only two purposes for war, and that is to kill people and break things. The only good war is the war in which you can claim victory,<br />The feelings of heartbreak, anger, fear, frustration, pain and hunger and the rest of it, are consequential. The death and destruction is INTENTIONAL, as it was against us in Yemmen on the USS Cole, and the 9/11 attacks.<br />I want these mutants off my planet yesterday. I have grandchildren who I sorely want to grow up, and not fear the evil.<br />No, Bush will not compromise in matters of war. He is much smarter than that. If you want to see the result of compromise as it relates to "war", look at what is happening in Korea, Isreal, France, Germany, and everywhere else where "concessions and overtures of capitulation" were the strategy.<br />The myth that Bush is stupid will backfire on the perpetrators of that myth, as will the BS from the morons that follow VP Cheney's name with "and his company,haliburton"...And they call BUSH stupid? Well, allrighty then . lol :confused: <br /><br />Words mean things. And they don't kill and break things. Only war can do that.

Rudderman

Petty Officer 1st Class

I want these mutants off my planet yesterday
Don't you think its a little naive to think that this is possible? You'd have to psychologically analyse every single person on the planet.....but hey maybe thats what bush plans to do (guantamano bay style perhaps?)

Skinnywater

Commander

I believe Bush is correct.<br />It's highly doubtful we can win a war, planned and run by politicians.<br />A General would never say anything like this. By design, purposely, or by mistake.<br /><br />It's the Presidents administration. He and this country would be better served if Rumsfeld and Powell would swap positions.

Skinnywater

Commander

Rudderman wrote;<br />
I agree that this war is about hate and thats a real problem that is not gonna go away. Bombs and wars will only make it worse, generating more hatred. Look at Israel and Palestine....thats what happens when ya bomb and kill each other, it just goes round in one big circle of violence with no way out. The US will always be vulnerable to guerilla-style attacks, no matter how secure ya think you are, just like the IRA bombed the UK for years... the only solution is compromise, which is not a word in Bush's vocabulary.
What has been going on, and what your wanting more of, is to much compromise.<br />Like most everything else serious and meaningful recognized by liberals, is a reinvention of meanings.<br />Rather then reinventing war and it's meaning, lets recognize the mistake in doing so. <br />Your examples are duly noted.<br /><br />Now lets recognize the true meaning and intent of war.<br />If you kill, maim, sever, defeat, pound into utter submission your enemies, the fight will soon leave them.<br />Recognize that if this country and Isreal were to fight a conventional/terrorist/ guerilla war with the above intent, there would be much more peace in the world.<br /><br />There is nothing dishonorable in being civilized in times of peace and absolutely BRUTAL in times of war. :rolleyes:

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Originally posted by Rudderman:<br />
I want these mutants off my planet yesterday
Don't you think its a little naive to think that this is possible? <br />/
Yes, it is naive on the face of it. But you must think totally in absolutes to even start to take that literally. but ok, let's :) <br /><br />
Originally posted by Rudderman:<br /> <br />You would have to psychologically analyse every single person on the planet.....but hey maybe thats what bush plans to do (guantamano bay style perhaps?)
That would never werk, would it? Hmm...<br />How about acting like the "UNITED" States for once since WWII, and conduct our foriegn affairs with one objective, as opposed to TWO?<br />How about comming aboard for the big win, and cover each other's six? But noooooooooooooo!!!<br />You gotta show the Globe that if you import enough dissent, you can render the mightiest military on the face of the plannet TOOTHLESS!!<br /><br />Some of us want to show the tyrants of the world our angry side. We want to show them, that attacking us on our sovriegn shores willl bring "shock and awe" upon your own soveriegn heck-hole (the same way such action showed Momar Kadafe (sp)to stop using,harboring and equipping such pods of scum.). <br />I hope to see Triploli joining 'most favored trading' status someday in the future as a result.<br />But yes, I am naive enough to want my grandchildren to experiance the freedoms I once experianced. I know this is not possible, becuase of how America changed on 9/11/01. But they will learn how to fight to preserve the shreds we have left, with your help, or in spite of naked protestors marching-down dusty NYC streets..