Bringing a theft recovery back to life.

hazmat5760

Seaman
Re: Bringing a theft recovery back to life.

Seacast is anywhere from $192 to 210 per 5 gallons, depending on how much you buy. I might see how much OT I can snag and do the Secast route, but that's further down the road yet.

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

Nidabond is much cheaper from what I understand. There's also one other product called Arjay.

jonesg

Admiral

Seeing as its a gut job you might as well use PT ply for stringers and transom ,don't bother with seacast.

You did ok so far, especially on the trailer. If you stay the course of acquiring stuff from craigslist the savings will be substantial. You might need the money for the engine yet.:)

hazmat5760

Seaman

Thank you jones! A little encouragment was needed today. I had everybody at work and on Facebook telling me to junk the boat. I just can't bring myself to do it. I like her!

I just wish I could remember where the thread was that the guy cut the inside skin out to get to the transom. To me, that seems like the way to go.

I'm working outside and don't have access to a garage big enough to pull the cap off. *** it is, I'll have to use a friends skidsteer to pull the engine.