Boxer v. Rice

rolmops

Vice Admiral
Re: Boxer v. Rice

Originally posted by NYMINUTE:<br /> Rice has mine too. It is a no brainer.
I'm so glad that you explained why you would vote for C. Rice

Elmer Fudge

Lieutenant Commander

Regardless of how distasteful the questioning are or can become, this commitee would be doing their country a disservice not to ask for an explaination of any inconsistencies or ambiguities,it really should not matter if the questions are asked by a democrat or a republican,this is merely the operational system of a free democratic republic society, with that being said, as JB previously mentioned Dr Rice is someone who would be a credible candidate for the presidency and in my opinion she most clearly has the credentials for the office of secretary of state,the tenacity of Dr Rice reminds me very much of Margaret Thatcher,and what a great leader she was, maybe the time is coming sooner than most would like to think, a woman president you say?...and a colored one at that? Yes i say, because the United States of America is a great country and my hope is that it will continue to be a great country.<br /> <br />Now, how about getting the deficit under control, and straightening out this Iraq,Iran,Syria,North Korea and What to do about China problem.<br />I would'nt want to be president,anyway, i'm not qualified :D

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Originally posted by rolmops:<br />
Originally posted by NYMINUTE:<br /> Rice has mine too. It is a no brainer.
I'm so glad that you explained why you would vote for C. Rice
Because, like me, he can, period.<br /><br />As far as her running for Pesident, don't think it will ever happen. You think this country has came that far since Martin Luther King? I don't know, but they better protect her real well if she does run.<br /><br />That crap is still going on in this country.<br />Just this morning heard on the local news about a Waffle House down south somewhere that would not serve a black family. Now don't know what the other side of the story is yet, so I won't say too much till then.

ob

Admiral

Originally posted by SBN:<br />
That crap is still going on in this country.<br />Just this morning heard on the local news about a Waffle House down south somewhere that would not serve a black family. Now don't know what the other side of the story is yet, so I won't say too much till then.
Did you hear about the "white family" that some years back ventured through the wrong neighborhood (somewhere in L.A. I think)in their stationwagon while vacationing ?My point is that ,this racist problem works both ways.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Yes ob, it does for sure. Yea, let a white man venture into a black neighborhood at the wrong place and time.

rolmops

Vice Admiral

My reasons for not liking Condolisa have nothing to do with her skin color ( I am not that stupid).<br />I just think that,like her current boss, she does not think outside the box and she does not re-examine past decisions when a change of realities takes place. This makes for a process of decision making because you can and not neccesarily because you are right.

Twidget

Commander

I just think that,like her current boss, she does not think outside the box and she does not re-examine past decisions when a change of realities takes place.
For the sake of arguement, lets say that W is exactly what you say.(I dont believe it) Does that mean that Ms. Rice or Sec. Powell are that way? <br /><br />The first George Bush was a good VP under Reagan. He towed the company line as a good VP will. As a President on his own, disassociated himself from the Reagan Economic plan and some other Reagan ideas.<br /><br />Some say that being a good soldier for Pres. Clinton cost Al Gore the election. ;)

eeboater

Commander

Originally posted by rolmops:<br /> I just think that,like her current boss, she does not think outside the box and she does not re-examine past decisions when a change of realities takes place.
How about you provide us with some legitimate examples of what you are saying? <br /><br />The democrats are holding up the confirmation of the Dr. Rice for no reason. They are acting like a bunch of children because they do not have any power anymore.<br /><br />There is NO reason that they should not confirm Dr. Rice for this job. She is intelligent, well spoken, served for 4 years as National Security Advisor. What else do we need to have in a nominee?<br /><br />What would happen if the tables were turned. If there was a black, woman Doctor being nominated for the position of Secretary of State by, say, Mr. Kerry or Clinton. And the republicans were objecting, or blocking the confirmation of her -- the republicans would be SKEWERED.. labeled as racists and woman haters. You know it is true, so don't try to deny it.<br /><br />If the democrats decide that they are going to object to every single one of President Bush's nominees and drag their feet like a bunch of crybabies. I am seriously going to have to look into setting up a recall of BOTH of my senators. <br /><br />It is just childish, and very annoying. The democratic party has turned into a mumbling bunch of crybabies.<br /><br />Sean

rolmops

Vice Admiral

Ok just for the sake of argument.<br />Although I have great respect for Collin Powell,his past history has proven that he is not creative. His strength has always been the complete mastery of bureaucracy.Up to the point where he became chief of staff. On top of that, I really like his world views.<br />Much the same goes for C. Rice. She is a great administrator and has a truly admirable wealth of knowledge. What she does not have -in my opinion- is that streak of indepence and creative thought that makes the difference between great people and presidential material.

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

And what is all this rot about her "contradicting herself"? She answered the questions TRUTHFULLY, and the question-stream (in between rants about "Bush's war" and such rot) was carefully administered to give the illusion of contradiction. They can't call her a liar outright, lest they be sued before the sun set!<br />So they glom-onto this "contradiction" BS. And if you play it over, you can see why, and it aint Condi ! Hmmmm..<br />You all know this was an "attack-dog-and-"pretty pony" show. And Condi came-out of it with her integrity, honor, and class intact,and her head held high.(I wont talk about her "mane"---yyyeeesh!)<br /><br />The dogs came-out also showing thier true colors thru runny make-up! Soiled like a baby's all-day diaper, as usual!

eeboater

Commander

Originally posted by rolmops:<br /> that streak of indepence and creative thought that makes the difference between great people and presidential material.
I still don't get it. Those are just words. They mean nothing. Tell me WHY she isn't qualified?<br /><br />Its like saying:<br /><br />"I don't like Joe"<br /><br />"Why don't you like Joe?"<br /><br />"Just because"<br /><br /><br />Sean

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Originally posted by rolmops:<br /> Ok just for the sake of argument.<br />Although I have great respect for Collin Powell,his past history has proven that he is not creative. His strength has always been the complete mastery of bureaucracy.Up to the point where he became chief of staff. On top of that, I really like his world views.<br />Much the same goes for C. Rice. She is a great administrator and has a truly admirable wealth of knowledge. What she does not have -in my opinion- is that streak of indepence and creative thought that makes the difference between great people and presidential material.
They said Bush had "no gravitas" iether, and he is throwing a party tonight.<br />She has what it takes. Powell is brilliant, but lacks the ability of any independent thought. He is a tape recorder (what Boxer mistkingly illuded that Condi was).

BoatBuoy

Rear Admiral

eeboater,<br /> I think you're mis-informed. The committee interviewing that's been going on is not an attempt by the demos to block her nomination. In fact, Joe Biden said he was going to vote for her, but some issues troubled him. It's just a matter of the process. In fact, she was confirmed by the Foreign Relations committee today with 2 dissenting votes, and is expected to be confirmed by the Senate tomorrow. The process is going according to schedule.

Twidget

Commander

Much the same goes for C. Rice. She is a great administrator and has a truly admirable wealth of knowledge. What she does not have -in my opinion- is that streak of indepence and creative thought that makes the difference between great people and presidential material.
My point from the earlier post is, how do you know that? She works for the President, it his her job to advise him, after he makes his decision, it is her job to implement it. Should she come out and say publicly that she wanted to do this or that and the President ignored her? It doesnt work that way.

rolmops

Vice Admiral

The things that I pointed out are the difference between leaders and followers.When Colin Powel did not gainsay what the president said, he did that because of his history as a soldier. Much the same again goes for Condolisa.Please tell me one independent policy decision that she made.How do I know these things about Condi? She has always filled the back up positions,never the lead roles.That is the story of her life.I can only presume that she feels best playing second fiddle.<br />Now about calling the democrats crybabies.<br />Most fanatical Bush lovers were fanatical Clinton haters and still are.Why are you complaining about people that do exactly as you do????

ob

Admiral

I despised Clinton because he was and maybe still is a womanizer and lied about it on national TV and then used some lame excuse to define what he percieved sexual relations to be.This was a guy with a daughter in college.I won't even bring up the land scandal issue.If the guys family can't trust his integrity or lack of ,why should I? <br /><br />Oh and that patented "I feel your pain" lip bite is .....................well, painfull if you will.<br /><br />He does play a little sax,but can't sing worth a dang either. :D

rolmops

Vice Admiral

Most Clinton haters were just that well before Clinton showed us all that fat bottomed girls are what makes the rockin' world go round

SpinnerBait_Nut

Clinton is no good.<br />Bush is great. :D <br /><br />Just had to throw that out there. :D