Bought my first boat to cut, gut and rebuild from bow to stern, including engine. Killed my back and suffered the wrath of the fiberglass demons

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Been continuing on the rebuild but holding off on taking pics until the server issue here is fixed. Anyone know of a good 3rd party photo sharing source that isn't too much of a pain in the ass to use and doesn't cost anything??

Got 2 new stringers cut out of 2 half inch ply boards glassed together. The template that I used made these look questionable. Once the glass is ground down, I will slap them in the boat and see how it looks and make adjustments as needed.
Geezzz when I asked that on this forum I got dumped to some crap blah blah blah forum. Be great if they can tell us what's going on other than the "Storm".

TripleJGraffis

Chief Petty Officer
Hello fellow iboaters......I used to use this platform years ago for backing up photos...looks like the creators expanded its capabilities so now I can create folders....add folders to those folders...... and even share said folders.... I'm attaching a test folder with photo and video from one of my last posts with photos and videos... let me know if it works

Test folder link here

TripleJGraffis

Chief Petty Officer
Got both stringers cleaned up and ground down......Gotta say they do look a little better with all the excess crap taken off and their dual ends evened up. They even look pretty darned even when placed side by side..... but the tops are not as straight as I would like them to be. In the grand scheme of things, I probably wouldn't notice once the deck is secured on, but I am OCD......I have a method that I might apply to fix the unevenness. Secure a couple thin straight pieces of wood on each side of the tops, sit them upright, and pour a resin and csm mix into the small void on top, creating a new straight top to the stringers made of resin.....Thoughts?

I also tested them in the boat and they seem to fit in there perfectly next to the fuel tank! I tried cutting out some 2x4s to the width of the tank (plus extra to make up for the neoprene and extra thickness from the csm once I glass them in) to temporarily hold the stringers up evenly so I can PB them to the hull, but the height adjuster on my skill saw decided to lose a bolt and all the mosquitos in a 1 mile radius thought I smelled amazing and decided to enjoy a fresh meal......So I decided the night was over..... Will work some more on Wednesday and Thursday,

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
Excellent!!!! Well then I guess I found my temporary pic uploading outlet!!!!
Thanks for the info!!
I will add that just adding a link that takes two more clicks to see a folder of pics will slow down responses. A direct link at minimum or a hot Ling to shaw the actual pic in post is best.

TripleJGraffis

Chief Petty Officer
I will add that just adding a link that takes two more clicks to see a folder of pics will slow down responses. A direct link at minimum or a hot Ling to shaw the actual pic in post is best.
Correct me if I am wrong, but when I tested this last night, the link brought me right to the images in the folder. Does it not do this?

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
Yes it does however it is three click deep, plus a cookie click then there is a folder full of pics to click on. If you are wanting to have input on a specific one that takes a lot more work than looking at the pic in your post like I can with imgur. And I tried going old school with bb code and does not seem to work

AESoMXfsFy6DyiA2DXBIZu0
AESoMXfsFy6DyiA2DXBIZu0

Last edited:

TripleJGraffis

Chief Petty Officer
Hello everyone!!! Got back out here today and worked on the new bones. Used old 2x4s to hold them steady and fileted them in......tabbed one side in with 2 layers of 1708 over the filets. Was able to remove the 2x4 braces and was even able to test them with a spare piece of marine plants! Gotta say I'm happy with the results!!!!https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fo/uj3i...ey=lmnsgyfnwnydq6ay93rysxfis&st=1z1w0sz2&dl=0

TripleJGraffis

Chief Petty Officer
try instagram? if you have a FB accnt, you might as well. you can setup a side profile just for the boat pictures. NGL, all the things ive seen for stringer repair has me praying mine are okay! Following along!
Dropbox seems to be working for me, but I am open to simpler options.

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
I won't be diving in to your Dropbox. Too many clicks and not as good a context by posting I. The thread.

Pmt133

Chief Petty Officer
The only problem I have with imgur is after a couple years, the links always seem to break or die. Good short term but long term is as useless as photobucket. Eventually it'll get fixed.

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
Perfect, plus you got them so they scroll rather than having to post each link. How did you do that?

TripleJGraffis

Chief Petty Officer
Perfect, plus you got them so they scroll rather than having to post each link. How did you do that?
Ya know....I have no idea šŸ˜‚.....I never even knew what Imgur was before you mentioned it.....I added an account and added the pics as a post.....I labeled the post with the date I took the pics and shared the link to the post.....Don't know if there was any more to it than that. Hopefully that helps.