Bought my first boat to cut, gut and rebuild from bow to stern, including engine. Killed my back and suffered the wrath of the fiberglass demons

TripleJGraffis

Chief Petty Officer
The boat found a new home

And before you think I have up by that statement....... don't get your underwear in a bundle.....I haven't given up.... however... progress has been significantly reduced.... My back on better and i had every intention on working on it yesterday and today but the city has other plans.... they received a call for someone owning chickens in the neighborhood... when they came to inspect.. they saw my garage tent and sent me a notice to remove it... because I guess it was a violation of city ordinances......I called the lady to let her know why it was there.... no cares given..... remove the tent or pay a fine.... but guess what??? Non functioning boats are also not allowed to be parked in yards in my town... store it inside.....

Long story short.... garage door is 6 inches shy of fitting the trailer inside.... so here I sit.... paying 75.00 a month for a storage unit.....I am going to do everything I can during the winter to be able to still work on this boat.... always a speed bump with this boatšŸ¤£

On the plus side...I now have a 10x24 work areathat is about 15 feet high! I asked the manager of I could work on it and she said as long as I don't make a mess.. that's ok.. .. good grief!

briangcc

Commander
Car skates...yes its a thing. Pull the tires off the trailer, put the skates directly under the springs and away ya go. Probably drop that puppy a foot or so.

Used a set to move classic cars around in storage.

Just in case you need other options further down the road...

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
Modify the trailer to a swing tongue

If it's a height thing, pull the wheels off and run the trailer on the hubs in 2x6's on the garage floor

TripleJGraffis

Chief Petty Officer
Car skates...yes its a thing. Pull the tires off the trailer, put the skates directly under the springs and away ya go. Probably drop that puppy a foot or so.

Used a set to move classic cars around in storage.

Just in case you need other options further down the road...
Tried it... still too wide

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
I redid my transom, bulkhead, and aft stringers in a storage unit. Do the grinding outside the unit in the parking lot.

Pmt133

Chief Petty Officer
I just forcefully took over my aunt's garage. Storage unit probably would've had more room to work and I wouldn't have had to drive a half an hour every time I wanted to work on it. However the perks of having a roll off dumpster in the yard to dispose of everything made the drive and free 99 for the tight space worth it. :)

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
The boat found a new home

And before you think I have up by that statement....... don't get your underwear in a bundle.....I haven't given up.... however... progress has been significantly reduced.... My back on better and i had every intention on working on it yesterday and today but the city has other plans.... they received a call for someone owning chickens in the neighborhood... when they came to inspect.. they saw my garage tent and sent me a notice to remove it... because I guess it was a violation of city ordinances......I called the lady to let her know why it was there.... no cares given..... remove the tent or pay a fine.... but guess what??? Non functioning boats are also not allowed to be parked in yards in my town... store it inside.....

Long story short.... garage door is 6 inches shy of fitting the trailer inside.... so here I sit.... paying 75.00 a month for a storage unit.....I am going to do everything I can during the winter to be able to still work on this boat.... always a speed bump with this boatšŸ¤£

On the plus side...I now have a 10x24 work areathat is about 15 feet high! I asked the manager of I could work on it and she said as long as I don't make a mess.. that's ok.. .. good grief!
In my area we beat the local complainers in the hood and township people by having it registered and titled. You can ask my 6 goats and the neighbors' chickens. lol!

TripleJGraffis

Chief Petty Officer
In my area we beat the local complainers in the hood and township people by having it registered and titled. You can ask my 6 goats and the neighbors' chickens. lol!
It is registered and titled..... that doesn't matter... the city has had a rat issue and is hard pressed to make sure yards don't have insane overgrowth of weeds.... or any options for rats to congregate.....sure... you've got garages but not much they can si about permanent structures.... but they don't even want tires on grass because a rat could make that it's home.