Bought a Q4 (2004) need some advice please

sigfire

Cadet
Greetings fellow boaters,
Just bought a 2004 Q4 F/S, it needs alittle cleaning and I have a few questions for you experienced Tahoe Owners. The top end hose section of the blower was laying in engine compartment, where does it attach to? I see there are 4 vents but cant reach them. Also the bottom of the bilge is full of junk and old oil from careless maintenence i guess, is it ok to power wash this or other suggestions would be great. Thanks for all the input and help. Any other tips greatly appreciated!

the_smoo

Seaman Apprentice
Re: Bought a Q4 (2004) need some advice please

Post up a pic and I can do the same if you show me exactly where you mean. That doesnt sound well for overall maintenance of the boat. I would remove as much as you can and then apply a good strength cleaner like purple power industrial, or something similar.

If there is that much crap in there, then your bilge pump is probably shot if it has been used and sucked up some of the gunk. I would probably not power wash until you get a good look in there.

Kind of awkward to get in there to clean it all out, but thats what I would do.

bellhop

Seaman Apprentice

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, not in a position to look at mine right now. The vents on the starboard side are open, not connected to anything. The bottom vent on the port side has a shorter vent hose that isn't connected to anything, the open end inside is connected to a hose clamp that keeps it from moving around inside. The top vent is connected to the blower.

I believe you can buy some oil clean up rags that will soak up oil but not water. When the oil is gone all you have is dirty water. Drain it and clean it up after with rags and degreaser.

sigfire

Cadet

Thanks for the help guys, spent the day going over the boat and got the engine compartment cleaned out and found the topside hose from the blower goes to the portside vent, it had come disconnected. Im sure there will be more but thanks for now!