Boat Names

Japie

Cadet
Re: Boat Names

On the bow, painted on upside down, the words - DONT PANIC!
Whoops - just seen this mentioned by someone else already!

Last edited:

BosnBill

Banned

Here's a few I've seen at Block Island, RI and vicinity: Fat Boy, After Five (common theme), Aquaholic, Golden Rod and Big Woody.

Steve J.

Recruit

Before we had a boat a friend of mine bought one and I named it Screamin' Seaman.

drodgor

Recruit

i have 2 boats. 1st is a 12' aluminum rowboat that i put a 5hp 1960ish clinton motor. named the hilljak. the 2nd is a 21' harborcraft deckboat named ss knot sea. my wife says im not a fun person to be around, so i named it the ss knot sea

drodgor

Recruit

a buddy of mine few years back decided to take out a home improvement loan to buy a boat. he struggled to think of a name so i suggested "home improvement" he settled on orange crush III (family tradition name) .i was disappointed

Guthookd

Cadet

This is an EPIC thread. wow.

I couldn't quite get through all the names, but I came up with mine around page 10 or 12...

>>STERN WARNING<<

*I've never seen this name anywhere before, but I'm sure it's out there since it's such an obvious play on words...but that's cool.

Yep, that's going to be her name.

Just got her on Saturday 3-26-2011 (one of the best days of my 31 yrs so far).

Colt 45

Recruit

My 12 foot Jon Boat has been deeded the name of "Skintbak", one of the offshore boats is "Chasin' Cuda" and our pontoon is "Poon Toon" haha.

hrdwrkingacguy

Petty Officer 1st Class

Our 22' glastron deck boat's name is going to be "Toes in the water II" our first boat was just toes in the water...:eek:

klab010

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I Came to realize as spring came, that the boat will now be called "Knot Sane" !

Phfantasm

Cadet

I bought a boat, test drove it, and 24 hours the engine had to come out to fix the coupler... sad.... but i am think of naming it "Already Broke".... because i also used my entire budget to get this boat, and now I am broke too

Not sure if this one has been mentioned in this thread, but my boat is " The Mistress". I think it fits well, because that is where all my extra time and money goes!

prettybeatup

Cadet

For those who have been constantly trying to borrow my boat instead of buying their own, I'm ordering decals..."Nacho Boat."

the funniest name i have seen so far i was driving down the highway one day behind a guy towing a skiff called the bearded clam lol

BlkY2k

Chief Petty Officer

We`ve deceided to go with ReHab with the letters all squiggly.

christoner2002

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I named my first boat and my current boat "WET YET?" Simple, and to the point. :)

AList233

Seaman Apprentice

Mine's a '79 Formula 233, therefore E=mc2(squared) Albert would be proud!