Besides boating, does anyone play golf?

Stratosfied

Ensign
Re: Besides boating, does anyone play golf?

Was a scratch golfer while in college. I played on a JC team for two years. During this time I probally put in 20 hrs a week just practice (not counting rounds and tournaments). This was in 1986-1988. Got married in 89 and the bug left me. Still play about 4 times a year. One interesting note, in the last 20 years, the equipment has changed the game. When I was on the very top of my game it took all I had to bust one 290. Now, I can go that really with no problem. I used to hit a PW 135 tops, the last time I played I hit a PW 158 over the top of the flag. I play with Hogan Irons and Woods and use Titelist balls.

xikxak

Petty Officer 1st Class

I too was an addict (golf) averaged 4 rounds per week for about 25 yrs until my back went,then my ticker. My greatest golf enjoyment these days is watching Michelle Wie play.WOW!What chrisma for a 15 yr old kid. anyone here see her?

Elmer Fudge

Lieutenant Commander

Originally posted by BoatBuoy:<br /> I don't play, but I understand the addiction and have many friends that do. What I don't understand is watching golf on TV. It's more exciting watching grass grow or a boat trailer rust.
Yep! I prefer to grab a few longnecks watch paint dry :D

D

DJ

How many of you have perfected your "golf clap"?