Besides boating, does anyone play golf?

Butch Ammon

Petty Officer 1st Class
I'm just wondering... I find myself hopelessly addicted to the game of golf. My best score EVER in my life (small 9 hole public municiple course) was a 40 - par was 35. So I like to think that on a full 18 hole course I could shoot 80! :D <br /><br />Butch A.

JasonB

Lieutenant
Re: Besides boating, does anyone play golf?

I love to play, bt had to give it up for a while after my back surgery acouple years ago. Hoping to try it again this year.

ob

Admiral

I'm a victim of golf addiction too Butch.Been golfing for about 15 years.Don't get out quite as much lately due to an injury.But, the passion is still there.Had a 7 handicap before I broke my heel.If you're ever down this way ,look me up,and we''ll hack some balls.

gaugeguy

Captain

I'm addicted as well. I'm about a 17 h'capper now trying desperately to improve. The funny thing about golf is that if anything ever caused me as much frustration as golf does, I'd give it up in an instant. It's that one or two good shots a round that keep me going back for more.

Elmer Fudge

Lieutenant Commander

GOLF!! :eek: That'll interfere with fishing :(

ob

Admiral

Originally posted by Elmer Fudge:<br /> GOLF!! :eek: That'll interfere with fishing :(
Negative...........I fish for balls in the hazards between shots with my trusty ball getter on a string. :D

oddjob

Commander

I like to play....I have an 9 and 11 year old that are my partners. I beat them all the time...he,he ....When there on they can drive way better than me.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

I used to play golf.<br /><br />But I carried a flyrod in my bag and couldn't get past the first water hazard.

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

I worked at a country club golf course for 12 years. Decided to play one time. Took me 8 hours to play 18 holes. The grounds keeper said I had to be the worst gopher he had ever seen. I asked him "Didn't you mean golfer?" Nope he says, you dug more holes in a day than a gopher would.<br /><br />I do like to just hit balls on the driving range or off the dock at the lake. I use the jet skiers for targets. Good for them I'm a very bad shot!

Terry H

Lieutenant Commander

When I'm not in the shop building boats, or furniture. Or, on a boat, fishing or just hackin' around. Or, crewing on a "tall ship" and playing pirate. Or, here on Iboats making fool of meself, you would find me on the links knocking the golfball about in a fairly orderly manner... d

LadyFish

Admiral

I wish I did play. I host a charity golf tournament every year at the local country club. Over the years, I've learned a lot about the game. This March will be my 8th tournament, but I've never swung a club. <br /><br />I do make one hell of a beverage queen though. ;)

NathanY

Commander

Golf? You have got to be kidding me! That is the gay-est sport there ever was. I would rather shovel horse poop than play golf or watch it to on tv even for that matter.

gaugeguy

Captain

Originally posted by Nate in AR:<br /> Golf? You have got to be kidding me! That is the gay-est sport there ever was. I would rather shovel horse poop than play golf or watch it to on tv even for that matter.
I used to say the same thing Nate until I tried it. ;)

Butch Ammon

Petty Officer 1st Class

Er, uh, okay... Tell me how you really feel, Nate! ;) :p <br /><br />Golf is not the "gay-est" sport - that would be men's high diving or swimming. Golf is a real challenge where 1/4" off the mark, and you slice it into the woods.<br /><br />Butch A.

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Never played ,but work a developement group, which has several world-class courses. <br />I try to stay away from the golf maintainence facilities as much as possible. Those golfers ,in general, are real picky and snippy. I don't have the patience required for "world-class service".<br />So I stick to grounds maintainence where people, often the same people are in better moods.

oddjob

Commander

Nate...think of it as a gentlemens sport...nevermind....think of it as a tool mans sport!...yeah see nate Tools! irons, wedges and woods! Tees markers, harasing your buddies. And theres wildlife out there....birdies, eagles, iquanans, gators.......fishes!....big! never been fished fishes.........ouh!ouh!ouh!ouh! :)

OLDSPUD

Petty Officer 1st Class

Played for years, never was any good, so I gave it up. My 12 year son got the bug 2 years ago, so I started playing, now he can out drive me. Got a sweet swing, wish I would have started when I was 10.

OLDSPUD

Petty Officer 1st Class

edited my prior post to make sense, <br />Have a great weekend.<br />Spud

Carphunter

Commander

I too play golf. And I can say, its not nearly as gay as watching them guys in tights playing for those Longhorns. ;)